Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

Term 'Illegal Immigrant' dropped by press

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,672 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

http://abcnews.go.co...24#.UVxIU6KG2E6

What?

Political correctness..

If they enter this county illegally - they don't have to be from Mexico, they could be from Canada, they're a criminal.

And an immigrant. Thus, illegal immigrant.. It looks like the Democrats need more votes, folks.

"One leader, one people, signifies one master and millions of slaves." - Camus

#2    Bama13

Bama13

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:40 PM

View PostEonwe, on 03 April 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:

http://abcnews.go.co...24#.UVxIU6KG2E6

What?

Political correctness..

If they enter this county illegally - they don't have to be from Mexico, they could be from Canada, they're a criminal.

And an immigrant. Thus, illegal immigrant.. It looks like the Democrats need more votes, folks.

I like the comment that said we should call them "foreign invaders". Works for me.

" Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything —you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him" - Robert Heinlein

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,149 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:50 PM

Foreign invader, that works for me too.

I don't get all this political correctness, they immigrated here illegally so that makes them illegal immigrants.  If this offends you don't break the law.

#4    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,672 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:10 PM

I have nothing against actual immigration - legal immigration.

The US would never have developed the atomic bomb (which I wish they never did), without immigrant German scientists.

There are many intelligent and skilled people in this world outside of the US - doctors, lawyers, teachers, who could only benefit our country.

Illegal immigration is just simply what it is. To paint another picture is intentionally deceiving.

"One leader, one people, signifies one master and millions of slaves." - Camus

#5    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,106 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:11 PM

View PostBama13, on 03 April 2013 - 03:40 PM, said:

I like the comment that said we should call them "foreign invaders". Works for me.

I prefer "criminal".

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#6    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:51 PM

View PostEonwe, on 03 April 2013 - 04:10 PM, said:

I have nothing against actual immigration - legal immigration.

The US would never have developed the atomic bomb (which I wish they never did), without immigrant German scientists.

There are many intelligent and skilled people in this world outside of the US - doctors, lawyers, teachers, who could only benefit our country.

Illegal immigration is just simply what it is. To paint another picture is intentionally deceiving.

I agree. Many Americans have ancestors who were immigrants. But, here is the thing: They came here legally!

#7    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sempere aude

• 2,568 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:00 PM

View PostKowalski, on 03 April 2013 - 04:51 PM, said:

I agree. Many Americans have ancestors who were immigrants. But, here is the thing: They came here legally!
Are you sure? Whose side of the story are you telling here? ;)

#8    Odd Requiem

Odd Requiem

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

• "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:05 PM

The next thing you know,  we're going to be calling 'child molesters' by the name of 'child harm-doers'.

I have nothing against immigration.  My mom migrated LEGALLY from New Zealand. She got all her paperwork and residency card. Ironically enough, the card she received when first arriving said "alien immigrant."

People aren't happy unless they have something to complain about.
They are what they are. Quit trying to fancy it up.

-I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.//

#9    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:05 PM

Check out: http://cis.org/ImmigrantCrime

• The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) estimates that immigrants (legal and illegal) comprise 20 percent of inmates in prisons and jails. The foreign-born are 15.4 percent of the nation’s adult population. However, DHS has not provided a detailed explanation of how the estimates were generated.
  • Under contract to DHS in 2004, Fentress, Inc., reviewed 8.1 million inmate records from state prison systems and 45 large county jails. They found that 22 percent of inmates were foreign-born. But the report did not cover all of the nation’s jails.
  • The 287(g) program and related efforts have found high rates of illegal alien incarceration in some communities. But it is unclear if the communities are representative of the country:
    • Maricopa County, Ariz.: 22 percent of felons are illegal aliens;
    • Lake County, Ill.: 19 percent of jail inmates are illegal aliens;
    • Collier County, Fla.: 20 to 22 percent of jail inmates and arrestees are illegal aliens;
    • Weld County, Colo.: 12.8 to 15.2 percent of those jailed are illegal aliens.
  • In 2009, 57 percent of the 76 fugitive murderers most wanted by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) were foreign-born. It is likely however that because immigrants can more readily flee to other countries, they comprise a disproportionate share of fugitives.

Also: http://www.foxnews.c...-data-suggests/

While the correlation between illegal immigrants and crime is almost impossible to quantify precisely, the available numbers indicate that Arizona -- as well as California and Texas -- are dealing with increased crime as a result of high illegal immigrant populations and activity.
Part of this is because some of those immigrants are being arrested based on immigration-related charges. A Pew Hispanic Center report last year said "increased enforcement" of immigration laws accounts for part of the trend.
But there are other crimes, many of which are drug-related. Furthermore, illegal immigrants and smuggling organizations have been linked to some specific violent crimes in Arizona. Local officials frequently cite the rash of kidnappings in their state in defending the new law. The Department of Justice's latest National Drug Threat Assessment says there were 267 kidnappings in Phoenix last year and 299 in 2008. The report said the victims usually have a connection to immigrant smuggling groups or drug traffickers.

#10    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,105 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:04 PM

Jay Leno made a funny. He said from now on they'll be call 'undocumented democrats'.

Posted Image

#11    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 5,045 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 03 April 2013 - 05:00 PM, said:

Are you sure? Whose side of the story are you telling here? ;)
do you have strong evidence of him not telling the facts, or you just cherypicking his words cuz you don't like what he says??

RESIDENT TROLL.

#12    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,106 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:13 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 03 April 2013 - 06:04 PM, said:

Jay Leno made a funny. He said from now on they'll be call 'undocumented democrats'.

Perfect. That's what it's all about anyway. Getting that vote.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#13    RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Poltergeist

• 2,674 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:32 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 03 April 2013 - 06:04 PM, said:

Rush Limbaugh coined the phrase in 2010.

"I don't see one link on this thread providing one shred of evidence for the disgusting jew-hate BS you Zionist liars keep accusing me of." - Yamato

#14    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,105 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:37 PM

I heard it on Rush today right as I turned off the ignition. Didn't catch the lead up or anything. Just heard that and thought it was funny.

Posted Image

#15    RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Poltergeist

• 2,674 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:43 PM

Illegal Immigrant has always been a bad term to use.  It makes it sound as if they are the same as immigrants.  They are not.  Illegals have broken the law and must pay restitution.  It's that simple.  Now, I can't blame the illegals completely.  It is our fault that the border is porous.  But that is for another thread.  It doesn't matter if they are called Illegal Immigrants or Undocumented Aliens, a rose is still a rose by any other name.

"I don't see one link on this thread providing one shred of evidence for the disgusting jew-hate BS you Zionist liars keep accusing me of." - Yamato

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users