Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Wealth Distribution.

• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#181    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,307 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:05 PM

Well sakari, what can I tell you. Some of us are doomed to be working men.

Posted Image

#182    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,025 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:07 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 10 April 2013 - 09:05 PM, said:

Well sakari, what can I tell you. Some of us are doomed to be working men.

Yup....... :tu:

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#183    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:13 PM

View PostSakari, on 10 April 2013 - 08:46 PM, said:

You know what really p***es me off?......The people that hate them, yet watch and support them on TV ( housewives of beverly hills ), and watch and support them by going to their events.....Then b**** about how over paid they are....( yes, pro sports )

These types of multi millionares you have mentioned make me sick.The people who have allowed it by supporting it have no right to complain though,i cannot stand how these (athletes) get free rides through college plus unknown other freebies yet they cannot even speak properly,couldnt answer 9x9 if their lives depended on it,and are constantly breaking laws that if some normal citizen broke it would be several years behind bars.Im sorry but running a few yards to a base,stretching your arms up to put a ball into a hoop,or running a ball into a endzone does not impress me and doesnt make someone special.I do enjoy watching boxing and MMA but these sports are something i participate in and none of these athletes (who actually put their lives on the line) for others entertainment have ever been given free rides,usually quite the opposite.Most fighters i have ever known come up the hard way and by the time some do make millions they have literally fought for it.

As for the trash we see on tv yet again if everyone stopped watching it this garbage would go away.I have never got the fascination with hollywood and its "stars" just a bunch of losers who the average citizen has given importance to and keep funneling money into their pockets.

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#184    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,025 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:22 PM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 10 April 2013 - 09:13 PM, said:

These types of multi millionares you have mentioned make me sick.The people who have allowed it by supporting it have no right to complain though,i cannot stand how these (athletes) get free rides through college plus unknown other freebies yet they cannot even speak properly,couldnt answer 9x9 if their lives depended on it,and are constantly breaking laws that if some normal citizen broke it would be several years behind bars.Im sorry but running a few yards to a base,stretching your arms up to put a ball into a hoop,or running a ball into a endzone does not impress me and doesnt make someone special.I do enjoy watching boxing and MMA but these sports are something i participate in and none of these athletes (who actually put their lives on the line) for others entertainment have ever been given free rides,usually quite the opposite.Most fighters i have ever known come up the hard way and by the time some do make millions they have literally fought for it.

As for the trash we see on tv yet again if everyone stopped watching it this garbage would go away.I have never got the fascination with hollywood and its "stars" just a bunch of losers who the average citizen has given importance to and keep funneling money into their pockets.

MMA :tu:

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#185    AynRandSucks

AynRandSucks

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:06 PM

I am a Medically Retired Veteran. I receive S.S. benefits, Medicare, and Service-connected money from the V.A. Does this make me a "Taker?." Or would you belittle my service to my country and let me fend for myself? There's about a zero percent chance that I will become one of the 1%. What I don't like about this perceived notion that the 1% got where they are by hard work; discounting the fact that many of them got where they are either by inheritance, or by having parents who were wealthy enough to send them to college. Either way, this makes them also "Takers."  Couple things to think about; The Roman empire existed for almost a thousand years, and were primarily brought down because of income inequality. I also dislike the fact that that many of the 1% send their money to off-shore entities, where they are not taxed. Doesn't seem quite fair does it? So our last Republican Presidential candidate, Mitt Romney, is a classic example of one of these 1%er's. His father George worked hard (in fact was quite a good Govenor for Michigan), who then distributed his wealth to his children. He put them through college, good colleges, and then they got their inheritances. Romney then sent some to an off-shore account, and used the rest to start his own business. Of course we know how that went; all the lost jobs for the middle class, jobs sent overseas where wages are low, and wallah!, more money sent off-shore. This, of course, was an endless cycle, but one for which he felt entitled to run for office, based on his ability to earn enormous amounts of money. It was no surprise to me that he only released 1 and a half of his IRS documents. Then the whole country would have been alerted to the low amount of money he actually paid on his enormous wealth. Let me put this maker/taker view in another light. Somebody somewhere is flipping burgers for a living. That person works very hard at what they do. But they will probably never, well maybe, become a 1%er. Somebody has to flip the burgers. If we were all the 1%ers, who would flip the burgers? Who would mow the lawns, who would pick up the trash, who would be the maids? This whole income inequality thing started during Reagan's administration. He's the one who lowered the upper income tax bracket. Up until then, they paid more taxes but they were still wealthy. We had more money for fixing roads etc. But after that, because the wealthy no longer paid their fair share of taxes, and it got more prevalent for the wealthy to send their wealth off-shore, middle-class wages stagnated, while those 1%ers gained more and more of the wealth. This is a recipe for disaster. Eventually the poor will revolt, as they did in Rome, and our great nation will no longer be the greatest nation on earth. Just as there are probably lazy takers, there are probably lazy 1%ers also. Everyone in their own way contributes to society; working long hours doing what they are capable of doing. This notion that anyone who is not a 1%er is lazy, or not trying hard enough, is just stupid. Get a grip and quit whining.

#186    tapirmusic

tapirmusic

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:44 PM

Welcome to UM AynRandSucks!

I'm going to go out on a limb here and wager that you have actually read exactly zero books by Ms. Rand.

:blink:

#187    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,307 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:03 AM

That was the longest troll post I've ever seen.

Posted Image

#188    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,307 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:07 AM

It looks like an unedited version of an Obama state of the union address.

Posted Image

#189    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,978 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:20 AM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 10 April 2013 - 07:41 PM, said:

Sorry vike but guys like you constantly refer to the rich as one mega wealthy insider group.

it's actually a very small exclusive club that controls the vast majority of wealth.

The United States has the largest number of billionaires of any country, with 442 as of 2013
https://en.wikipedia...iki/Billionaire

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#190    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:21 AM

View PostAynRandSucks, on 10 April 2013 - 10:06 PM, said:

I am a Medically Retired Veteran. I receive S.S. benefits, Medicare, and Service-connected money from the V.A. Does this make me a "Taker?." Or would you belittle my service to my country and let me fend for myself? There's about a zero percent chance that I will become one of the 1%. What I don't like about this perceived notion that the 1% got where they are by hard work; discounting the fact that many of them got where they are either by inheritance, or by having parents who were wealthy enough to send them to college. Either way, this makes them also "Takers."  Couple things to think about; The Roman empire existed for almost a thousand years, and were primarily brought down because of income inequality. I also dislike the fact that that many of the 1% send their money to off-shore entities, where they are not taxed. Doesn't seem quite fair does it? So our last Republican Presidential candidate, Mitt Romney, is a classic example of one of these 1%er's. His father George worked hard (in fact was quite a good Govenor for Michigan), who then distributed his wealth to his children. He put them through college, good colleges, and then they got their inheritances. Romney then sent some to an off-shore account, and used the rest to start his own business. Of course we know how that went; all the lost jobs for the middle class, jobs sent overseas where wages are low, and wallah!, more money sent off-shore. This, of course, was an endless cycle, but one for which he felt entitled to run for office, based on his ability to earn enormous amounts of money. It was no surprise to me that he only released 1 and a half of his IRS documents. Then the whole country would have been alerted to the low amount of money he actually paid on his enormous wealth. Let me put this maker/taker view in another light. Somebody somewhere is flipping burgers for a living. That person works very hard at what they do. But they will probably never, well maybe, become a 1%er. Somebody has to flip the burgers. If we were all the 1%ers, who would flip the burgers? Who would mow the lawns, who would pick up the trash, who would be the maids? This whole income inequality thing started during Reagan's administration. He's the one who lowered the upper income tax bracket. Up until then, they paid more taxes but they were still wealthy. We had more money for fixing roads etc. But after that, because the wealthy no longer paid their fair share of taxes, and it got more prevalent for the wealthy to send their wealth off-shore, middle-class wages stagnated, while those 1%ers gained more and more of the wealth. This is a recipe for disaster. Eventually the poor will revolt, as they did in Rome, and our great nation will no longer be the greatest nation on earth. Just as there are probably lazy takers, there are probably lazy 1%ers also. Everyone in their own way contributes to society; working long hours doing what they are capable of doing. This notion that anyone who is not a 1%er is lazy, or not trying hard enough, is just stupid. Get a grip and quit whining.

Thanks for your service  :tu:  But read through what people have classified as the lazy and not trying at all before you come in on a post like john wayne telling everyone how it is!None here have said all outside the 1% are lazy,so get your **** straight  before making assumptions and accusing others of things they havnt said  ;)

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#191    Einsteinium

Einsteinium

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:02 PM

View PostAynRandSucks, on 10 April 2013 - 10:06 PM, said:

Thank you for your service! And no that does not make you a taker. You EARNED those benefits. A taker would be someone who gets benefits like that, only they did nothing to earn them and they manipulate and use the system to their advantage. They can work but just choose not to because it is easier to just mooch off other people. The true looters are a minority.

The fact of the matter is that only 2%-4% of the millionaires in this country inherited their wealth. http://blogs.wsj.com...or-family-made/ Almost all are self made. But I question this statistic, as it does not account for other benefits they may have gotten from family. Like a free ride to a great college. Here is a little better article that I think is closer to reality: http://finance.yahoo...-204426982.html

Edited by Einsteinium, 11 April 2013 - 04:02 PM.

#192    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:14 PM

View PostEinsteinium, on 11 April 2013 - 04:02 PM, said:

Thank you for your service! And no that does not make you a taker. You EARNED those benefits. A taker would be someone who gets benefits like that, only they did nothing to earn them and they manipulate and use the system to their advantage. They can work but just choose not to because it is easier to just mooch off other people. The true looters are a minority.

The fact of the matter is that only 2%-4% of the millionaires in this country inherited their wealth. http://blogs.wsj.com...or-family-made/ Almost all are self made. But I question this statistic, as it does not account for other benefits they may have gotten from family. Like a free ride to a great college. Here is a little better article that I think is closer to reality: http://finance.yahoo...-204426982.html

This may well upset the moaners but most of them arent intelligent enough to get a degree. A private education only gets you a decent teacher it doesnt improve your grey matter any. As for the quality of teachers in state schools they have to pass the same exams as private ones (i.e. physics degree to teach physics) which is something else the moaners like to ignore.

#193    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,974 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:20 PM

Have you ever heard of streaming. It used to be a bit more obvious than it is now with secondary moderns teaching technical skills only and almost no cross over between schools. Once stream at 11years you were practically glued to your role for life. There was almost no change of the 70% in secondary moderns getting into university.

The situation is much the same still.

Constriction of opportunity was what education was all about.

Many people subsequently re-entered education as mature students and achieved good to excellent degrees - put paid to the story that they were not intelligent enough in the first place.

Your parents wealth and status have always been the single greatest determining factor in whether you achieved a higher level qualification and were admitted to the ranks of the wealthy.

Things briefly improved in the 1970's when free university education became a universal right for many - but that has subsequently largely been removed and now it costs as much as a house to enter higher education. This is entrenched inter generational wealth inequality.

Br Cornelius

I believe nothing, but I have my suspicions.

Robert Anton Wilson

#194    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,307 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:38 PM

View PostGiant Killer B, on 11 April 2013 - 04:14 PM, said:

This may well upset the moaners but most of them arent intelligent enough to get a degree. A private education only gets you a decent teacher it doesnt improve your grey matter any. As for the quality of teachers in state schools they have to pass the same exams as private ones (i.e. physics degree to teach physics) which is something else the moaners like to ignore.
I have to say that earning a degree in a field doesn't improve your ability to teach, aside from teaching degrees. I went to tech school for graphic design. Most of our teachers were just good graphic designers. They couldn't teach well at all and some just plain couldn't teach period. The best teachers we had were ones that actually had teaching degrees. I've known people great at what the do but they can't teach it for crap. A lot of times they know so much but can't relay the info properly. They get frustrated when people don't instantly grasp what they think is common sense now because they've been doing it so long it's like second nature.
A simple for instance... A painter hires a helper. The painter always tells him he has to prime first, then paint. The helper asks what's the point if the paint covers it up, whatever it is. The old painter says quit asking questions and do what I say. Some job later the painter leaves his helper to do some work on his own. After all, how hard is painting? Two months later and the painter gets a call saying all the paint is peeling and bubbling. Turns out the helper figured he'd do things his way and just paint. It looks just as good and no one will ever know he thought to himself. All the painter ever had to do was explain that primer makes the paint stick to the surface.

Posted Image

#195    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,025 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:42 PM

View PostGiant Killer B, on 11 April 2013 - 04:14 PM, said:

Oh thank you great and all powerful.

Your wisdom is more then we could have hoped for.

How about join a discussion without insults and name calling. That would be one sign of intelligence.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users