Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What Makes Rain Smell So Good?

rain smell

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16    Asadora

Asadora

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:33 AM

I can't enjoy any aspect of rain. I get a terrible long lasting migraine headache right before it rains. Sometimes only when it has just started raining. And other times when it has just stopped raining. The smell of rain always triggers a form of a headache that makes me physically ill.

I love to watch the rain though, if I'm not double over in pain in bed!
I have been this way all of my life.

From my research, it would seem it has something to do with the ozone and that there is a small minority of people on the planet that is highly reactive to this type of ozone that penetrates the air when it rains... or something like that. I've also read that it has to do with the barometric pressure and if it's above a certain degree, this triggers these type of headaches in people that are reactive a high barometric pressure level.
I do not know how much or if any of that is true as fact, because there is a lot of scientific data involved and one would have to gather as much as they could and then compare and then make up their own mind... and I would like to spend my headache free days in other more exciting and adventurous matters;)

So, to those that can enjoy the rain, enjoy a little bit of it for me please!

Kind Regards.

Nice job, OP! :tu:

"From time to time there appear on the face of the earth men of rare and consummate excellence, who dazzle us by their virtue, and whose outstanding qualities shed a stupendous light. Like those extraordinary stars of whose origins we are ignorant, and of whose fate, once they have vanished, we know even less, such men have neither forebears nor descendants: they are the whole of their race."  -- Jean de la Bruyere 1645-1696.

#17    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,644 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.
    -AF

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:25 AM

The fresh smell of rain also comes right when it starts raining at times. Very nice if you are by greenery but if you are in a parking lot and it has not rained in a while then the first scent is not pleasant at all. All the dirt, soda, and wahatever else got dropped on the lot all comes up at once...uck.

Also tagged with rain, smell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users