Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Zombi

zombi zombie rumor exist origin

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1    EnglishStudent526

EnglishStudent526

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:43 AM

I would like to know where you heard of zombies as their origin. What i heard, was that it originated from vodoo, and was the effect of a plant. What others have said was that it was a rare disease. any others? please try and give a full explanation. I want to hear more

#2    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:26 AM

View PostEnglishStudent526, on 04 April 2013 - 01:43 AM, said:

I would like to know where you heard of zombies as their origin. What i heard, was that it originated from vodoo, and was the effect of a plant.

Me too. It was explained on an episode of Miami Vice.

Bigfoot is in the eye of the beholder

Scottish Scientists Only!

#3    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:40 AM

You need only but Google, however if that's too much for you then here. Click this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zombie

Everything you want to know about them and more.

Honestly, people have the power of the internet at their finger tips and yet, for some reason, they can't handle a simple search engine.

#4    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:45 AM

Zombi with an i ,differs from zombie with an ie .
Zombies are a Hollywood creation .
Zombis come from african lore,via Haiti and beyond .
It's very staunchly believed in areas where its part of the religion .
There are two kinds of zombis,theoretically . They can be one in the same ,but in Haiti ,people swear corpses can be reanimated .
Watch The Serpent and the Rainbow . There is also a documentary on the subject ,highlighting Haitian lores ,and how Zombi powder is made.

Miss me?

#5    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:32 AM

View Postkeninsc, on 04 April 2013 - 04:40 AM, said:

You need only but Google, however if that's too much for you then here. Click this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zombie

Everything you want to know about them and more.

Honestly, people have the power of the internet at their finger tips and yet, for some reason, they can't handle a simple search engine.
i often ask even though i have googled as too find out what others think? im sure most do the same
i find umers better than a single google search as any one can make a web page and wiki isnt always right

Edited by Armchair Educated, 04 April 2013 - 11:33 AM.

www.paranormaltales.boards.net

#6    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:35 PM

Yes, and we have a lot of serious zombie experts here all ready to share their knowledge with you.

Please......

:passifier:

#7    EnglishStudent526

EnglishStudent526

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:03 AM

I didn't want to use google... I wanted to hear from you people. damn...   Where you heard it and such

#8    EnglishStudent526

EnglishStudent526

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:05 AM

There are two types of "zombi's"?
how so?

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 04 April 2013 - 09:45 AM, said:

Zombi with an i ,differs from zombie with an ie .
Zombies are a Hollywood creation .
Zombis come from african lore,via Haiti and beyond .
It's very staunchly believed in areas where its part of the religion .
There are two kinds of zombis,theoretically . They can be one in the same ,but in Haiti ,people swear corpses can be reanimated .
Watch The Serpent and the Rainbow . There is also a documentary on the subject ,highlighting Haitian lores ,and how Zombi powder is made.

#9    designer

designer

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 240 posts

• I believe.

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:07 PM

I saw a documentary about zombies in hati. I think it was done with the poison from a puffer fish. The witchdoctor/voodoo practictioner would choose a victom and poison them, it made them look dead. The family would bury them, the WD would dig them up that night and give an antidote. If it worked he kept them prisoner as his slave, if not, he would put them bac in the grave. They said it fails more often then worked, the antidote that is., There was one proven case, a man who regained his memory, it effects a persons memory, and he went back to his family. They proved his ID and showed his grave marker.

Carol in NC

Posted Image
EMMA
Give a shelter dog a chance. They'll give you their heart.

#10    Gatofeo

Gatofeo

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

• "An ugly cat. Vast desert. Smoke and fire. Flying lead makes holes in parchment. The ugly cat is much amused." --- Gatodamus (1503-1566)

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:10 AM

Absolutely DO NOT watch "The Serpent & the Rainbow" for information on Haiti, Voodoo and Zombies.
It's a horrible movie, based on a very good book.
Read the book. It's a factual account of a Harvard botanist who investigated the Zombie phenomenon in Haiti and discovered the use of a drug that great slows the heart rate.
It's a fascinating, believable book.
The movie based on the book is trash. It's made to be scary and it's so bad it's laughable. It's only resemblance to the book is the title and the location: Haiti.
But by all means read the book. It was published in the early 1980s and may be out of print. But you may find a paperback in a used book store.

My god! How that ghost makes me dread
My attempts to sleep at night, in my bed
All that moaning and groaning
Keep me awake until morning
Oh wait --- it's that couple next door, newly wed!

--- Copyright 2006 by Gatofeo

I support Rehabilitation through Reincarnation!

#11    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,285 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:14 AM

I first heard about zombies during the video nasty craze of the early 1980s.  There seemed to be dozens of zombie movies around at the time.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

"If people put enough excrement in one pile they think they can safely claim that there must be something other than excrement in a pile that big." - stereologist

#12    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:47 AM

View PostEnglishStudent526, on 09 April 2013 - 04:05 AM, said:

There are two types of "zombi's"?
how so?

Sorry .Missed this til now.
In Haiti ,and in voodoo in general ,they believe a dead body can be animated .
When people die ,families sometimes hold vigils at the grave,for 48 hours,so the newly buried body cannot be stolen .
They steal them,to reanimate them ,or so they say .
That's Zombi type one .

Zombi type two ,is the kind that was never dead ,but slipped the Zombi powder ,and went into a type of coma . The powder essentially slows down body functions to such a lul,that vital signs are not perceptible.
But,the person isn't dead. It's similar to the mammalian diving reflex . Life is ongoing ,but metabolism is so slow,nothing is obvious ,and the person is declared dead.
These people are then buried ,and wake up from their near death like state .
It's said they lose all free will after this happens,and whomever slipped them the Zombi powder ,is now their master ,and they follow their masters orders.
I suspect many brain cells die during their dormant time,which leaves them will little memory of who they were  .

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 24 May 2013 - 02:53 AM.

Miss me?

#13    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:50 AM

View PostGatofeo, on 14 April 2013 - 04:10 AM, said:

Absolutely DO NOT watch "The Serpent & the Rainbow" for information on Haiti, Voodoo and Zombies.
It's a horrible movie, based on a very good book.
Read the book. It's a factual account of a Harvard botanist who investigated the Zombie phenomenon in Haiti and discovered the use of a drug that great slows the heart rate.
It's a fascinating, believable book.
The movie based on the book is trash. It's made to be scary and it's so bad it's laughable. It's only resemblance to the book is the title and the location: Haiti.
But by all means read the book. It was published in the early 1980s and may be out of print. But you may find a paperback in a used book store.

Well I meant its factual in that they studied and became aware of Zombi powder,because of those events . I didn't mean the guy calling himself baron samdi was real,although he kind of was. The leader of the ton ton macoutes did practice heavy duty voodoo,and he did call himself baron samdi incarnate

Miss me?

#14    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:13 PM

I cant remember where I first heard about zombies to tell you the truth, although once I found out about them I was hooked to say the least,

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#15    tyrant lizard

tyrant lizard

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:54 AM

I heard a tale about puffer fish venom putting a victim into a coma where the heart has slowed down so much the victim seems dead. Then the Shaman gives the victim a antidote bringing them back from the dead. The culture of the places this was happening was so steeped in superstition and voodoo that they actually believed it. certain places in Haiti and Africa still use superstition as a means of control.

So called Shamans are trafficking women into the UK and forcing them into prostitution under the threat of zombification...

Also tagged with zombi, zombie, rumor, exist, origin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users