Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Zombi

zombi zombie rumor exist origin

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16    xFelix

xFelix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

• Yea I'm Pagan, oh no!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:20 AM

View PostArmchair Educated, on 04 April 2013 - 11:32 AM, said:

i often ask even though i have googled as too find out what others think? im sure most do the same
i find umers better than a single google search as any one can make a web page and wiki isnt always right

You're right, wiki isn't...

According to the West African tenets of Vodou, a dead person can be revived by a bokor, or sorcerer. Zombies remain under the control of the bokor since they have no will of their own. "Zombi" is also another name of the Vodou snake lwa Damballah Wedo, of Niger–Congo origin; it is akin to the Kikongo word nzambi, which means "god".

keninsc: You see what I bolded? Wiki just said that the undead coming to eat your brain are akin to god... Wiki is so accurate ;)

Btw: I have personally seen some African forms of zombi, the ones I saw are not undead.. Just in a submissive trance that makes them appear to be undead. They can easily be turned back to normal if the "master" would just "release them" or if another person knew how to "take them from their master" and then "release them"...

Edited by xFelix, 27 May 2013 - 10:20 AM.

My posts consist of my opinions, beliefs, and experiences, feel free to disagree in a respectful manner.

I have a right to my beleifs, just as you have a right to not agree with them.

So long as we respect each other's beliefs, we won't have a single problem.

#17    Yaoilover95

Yaoilover95

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

• Even those who are gone
    Are with us as we go on.
    Your journey has only begun.

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:36 PM

Zombi is the name of a snake-deity in some cults of West African Vodun and Haitian Vodou.
Zombi is a Creole word (thought to be derived from Nzambi) supreme god of the Bacongo people of Angola.

Maybe we don’t have to give meaning to every little thing. Maybe we don’t need the universe to tell us what we really want. Maybe we already know that. Deep down.

#18    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,476 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:37 PM

View Postyaoilover95, on 28 June 2013 - 08:36 PM, said:

Zombi is the name of a snake-deity in some cults of West African Vodun and Haitian Vodou.
Zombi is a Creole word (thought to be derived from Nzambi) supreme god of the Bacongo people of Angola.
Thank you for you input

#19    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,423 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:12 PM

I grew up a few versions of zombi/zombie....
One was the occult or religious version- Out of the south and the islands, folks that were drugged. Never dead.
Another was out of the movies- folks that were dead and come back in their original physical form.
Another was necromancer- more of a European version of the southern and islands version, but the folks were dead to begin with.
Another version was drug zombies- real living folks who's brains got scrambled with too many drugs, and having no religious, occult, or movie reference. Heard of a couple accounts of this similar thing due to shell shock, or other extremely traumatic event.
I guess the only thing in common they all had was not being in grasp of their own mental functions.

#20    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,476 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:18 PM

What about Mind control? like using radio waves to control peoples minds?

Also tagged with zombi, zombie, rumor, exist, origin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users