Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Air Force Wants New Energy Weapons

seeder

Air Force Wants New Energy Weapons to Cause Non-Lethal ‘Bioeffects’

The Air Force is preparing to spend millions researching how unknown “bioeffects” happen when the human body is blasted by radiowaves and high-powered microwaves — which the Air Force hopes could lead to exotic new energy weapons.

Recently, the Air Force Bioeffects Division announced it’s exploring how radiation from non-lethal energy weapons can causes changes to the body at the molecular level. The Air Force is pretty broad about what kind of weapons it wants to test: “directed energy, riot control agents, broadband light, acoustic sounds, and blunt impact materials.” An award for a $49 million contract to conduct studies, laboratory tests and field experiments is expected in September, and tests in San Antonio are expected to last for seven years.

more

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2013/04/air-force-directed-energy/

The future is looking bright then...

I shudder to think of the animal and human testing that will likely occur with this type of research and development. How about using the fifty million dollars to develop an innovative program of education that focuses on acquiring the skill of empathy and then measuring the long term effects of its "offensive or defensive" purposes? Now that would revolutionary if not evolutionary.

• Like 2

But if they did that in the past North Korea would still be crazy now and America would have inferior weapons and no way to stop them...

Crazy people don't care much for empathy. But energy weapons aimed at them might help.

The line between lethal and nonlethal weapons is almost nonexistant. Just wait for the legal quamire that will develop when these weapons are used on the battlefield.

The line between lethal and nonlethal weapons is almost nonexistant. Just wait for the legal quamire that will develop when these weapons are used on the battlefield.

Non existent eg. one leaves you alive and one leaves you dead?

I think you're talking about possible side effects of these non-lethal weapons - but there's definitely a big fat black line separating the two.

I know I'd prefer to take some microwaves to the head, rather than some bullets for example.

Edit: For any foreseeable future there will be a big need for weapons, it's a big step forward looking further into non-lethal weapons.

Edited by Timonthy

To deploy in riot situations......err in the middle east of course. These aren't the droids you're looking for. Move along

So they are subjecting living humans to high powered microwaves? Does that make the government the twisted child and their victims the hamster?

I'm all for non-lethality if killing is unnecessary, but this cannot be good for your internal organs. I can't believe they will find too many test subjects for this either, except perhaps for pigs which are often used as a human analog and don't have to volunteer.

Is that bacon I smell?

So they are subjecting living humans to high powered microwaves? Does that make the government the twisted child and their victims the hamster?

I'm all for non-lethality if killing is unnecessary, but this cannot be good for your internal organs. I can't believe they will find too many test subjects for this either, except perhaps for pigs which are often used as a human analog and don't have to volunteer.

Is that bacon I smell?

I think we should train the armies in Kung Fu, pick a battlefield and have a big kung fu hustle bust up without weapons! At least its fairer and more watchable!

Sigh... how hard it is to see that there's two parts for the problem, the root and the consequences? Riots and Korea's leaders boasting are consequences, and you only address them with developing aggression. Root cause is oppression, and using force when you're the bigger guy, is oppression. The ravine between people grows deeper and longer the more you keep this way. Just kill each other or let each other be, there's no room for compromise unless you make everyone who oppose you mindless sheep.

• Like 1

I think we should train the armies in Kung Fu, pick a battlefield and have a big kung fu hustle bust up without weapons! At least its fairer and more watchable!

Something that I'm sure every government would agree to: Fighting wars by proxy through video games.

Hold a global summit, pick a game to represent the war or disagreement then spill digital blood. Winner walks away, loser walks away, everyone happy and dispute settled.

->I am very confident that every leader on this planet would be happy to completely rid themselves of all physical dispute hardware to engage in the above. No questions asked. (even the legendary Kim Jong-un)

Edit:

I sometimes wish they could give me more energy.

Red bull brother. Apparently gives you wings! :yes: Edited by Timonthy

The Future is Here! i would say but in this case

more advanced weapons gives to much power to One man -> US President <-
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Why have war in the first place? New, better weapons can lead to more people dying leaving their families in grief. Why can't people just find a non-violent solution to arguments?