Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Mother who wishes she had remained childless

isabella dutton childless

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 37,669 posts

• Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:29 PM

My son Stuart was five days old when the realisation hit me like a physical blow: having a child had been the biggest mistake of my life.

Even now, 33 years on, I can still picture the scene: Stuart was asleep in his crib. He was due to be fed but hadn't yet woken.

I heard him stir but as I looked at his round face on the brink of wakefulness, I felt no bond. No warm rush of maternal affection.

I felt completely detached from this alien being who had encroached upon my settled married life and changed it, irrevocably, for the worse.

http://www.dailymail...egret-life.html

Posted Image

#2    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Government Agent

• 3,271 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:36 PM

This only proves that a couple should make a firm decision to have or not have children BEFORE they are married.   This way, no one suffers from hidden resentment.

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,320 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:53 PM

If you don't want kids you need to find someone like yourself that doesn't.  Because if you do and they don't, or visa verse, it will cause friction in the marriage and long lasting resentment.

#4    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,398 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:06 PM

View PostHilander, on 04 April 2013 - 01:53 PM, said:

If you don't want kids you need to find someone like yourself that doesn't.

That's what I did!

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#5    archer95446

archer95446

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 276 posts

• The picture is of my great great grandparents, on their 60th wedding anniversary!!!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:11 PM

This really bothers me!!!! How can a mother feel that way about their own child??!!!!  Thankfully, she didn't physically "harm" him, while he was little!!!
I bet he has a lot of psychological issues because of her!!! He probably hates women!!!  She should've put him up for adoption when he was a baby, so at least
he would've had a chance to feel wanted and loved!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users