Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Osborne In Disabled Parking Space Storm

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:31 PM

View PostSky Scanner, on 05 April 2013 - 11:22 PM, said:

No worries. It's not like i'd do it when shopping, or buying a paper, but if an emergency happens and there are plenty of spaces then i'll weigh up the issue and make a decision. We won't agree on it though, and that's cool, I can respect your opinion on it too :tu:

Agreed..  :tu:

I forgot to mention, I used to have to make my mum use her badge, she always insisted we parked in a normal bay but sometimes the distance was to far for her to walk.. and even then I would have to drop her off, sit her down and the park up in a normal bay and go and walk to her.. lol

Halifax Piece hall was an example of that..

She hated the badge or anything that told her she was ill.

The biggest abuse I come across of disabled parking is at the Gym, members are going to work out and yet they have to park as close to the front doors as possible so they don have to walk far.. Just no logic to that?

Posted Image

#17    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,125 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:36 AM

View PostSky Scanner, on 05 April 2013 - 09:48 PM, said:

So let me get this straight - someone takes a photo of his driver parking in a disabled spot, thinks "that'll make me a few quid from from a rag like the Mirror......" and that story is enough to make front page news!! How pathetic.
i don't think it's pathetic at all, it shows just how immoral and arrogant these "poilticians" are, and highlights with great piquancy their arrogance and dictatorial ambition.

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.

#18    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,125 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:41 AM

View PostSky Scanner, on 05 April 2013 - 10:38 PM, said:

No offence but working in Diplomatic Protection isn't anything to do with this, it's a driving issue. Have you travelled in the back of these new Range Rovers? if so then you'll know the view of the road immediately in front of you is pretty much non existent. Also, it's not Osbournes responsibilty to tell the driver where to park, afterall as you say, it's Diplomatic Protection, so you'd expect him to know how to do his job. If the article had to be posted at all in a tabloid, then the headline should be more along the lines of Diplomatic Drivers not knowing their job properly would it not? (If it's a Diplomatic Driver issue as you say).

why should it be? why should he have Diplomatic Protection and a 50k (probably armoured) range Rover? is he more important than everyone else? he has to have priority over everyone else?

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.

#19    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 4,166 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:37 AM

With the Press he is getting, he must have a Rhino's hide. I would hope that Cameron has a quiet word as he is bringing his party into shame,but we have ourselves to blame as we voted him into Parliament.He obviously thinks that Cabinet Ministers are above the Law.Will people remember this come voting day ?.Unless he has a disabled badge for having a one cell brain.He is cutting costs by not having to pay a £1 for parking.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#20    TSS

TSS

Observer

• Closed
  • 5,750 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:50 AM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 06 April 2013 - 06:41 AM, said:

why should it be? why should he have Diplomatic Protection and a 50k (probably armoured) range Rover? is he more important than everyone else? he has to have priority over everyone else?

Why do top levels ministers of any cabinet sitting in Dowming Street need protection! Does they really need answering then?

#21    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:15 AM

His security car would probably have a badge that allows parking anywhere, similar to the Doctor on call type badge. None the less that badge shouldn’t be abused or used in circumstances like this.

His  Police driver may well have reversed into the disabled bay without Osbourne noticing, after all we all know he makes mistakes like that, incl the time he was caught twice in one week in first class without a first class ticket, Ministers need first class, they can’t possibly sit in the other cars with the likes of us? Anyway Osbourne should have been able to see quite easily that the driver was reversing into a disabled bay and then he actually got out to go into the shop and therefore couldn’t miss the bay, especially when the bay next to you is disabled and he had to walk out around the front of the vehicle where it would have been apparent, or hop over the small hedges to the rear of the vehicle.

The main issue in all of this is the fact that all ministers, are so far detached from reality and the general public its becoming a joke and worst of all… None of them are accountable for their actions?

Posted Image

#22    TSS

TSS

Observer

• Closed
  • 5,750 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:21 AM

View Postxsas, on 06 April 2013 - 09:15 AM, said:

His security car would probably have a badge that allows parking anywhere, similar to the Doctor on call type badge. None the less that badge shouldn’t be abused or used in circumstances like this.

His  Police driver may well have reversed into the disabled bay without Osbourne noticing, after all we all know he makes mistakes like that, incl the time he was caught twice in one week in first class without a first class ticket, Ministers need first class, they can’t possibly sit in the other cars with the likes of us? Anyway Osbourne should have been able to see quite easily that the driver was reversing into a disabled bay and then he actually got out to go into the shop and therefore couldn’t miss the bay, especially when the bay next to you is disabled and he had to walk out around the front of the vehicle where it would have been apparent, or hop over the small hedges to the rear of the vehicle.

The main issue in all of this is the fact that all ministers, are so far detached from reality and the general public its becoming a joke and worst of all… None of them are accountable for their actions?

I certainly don't disagree that they are all detached from reality...most of them have never been apart of reality to begin with, they live in a bubble. But tbh, I can't think of a time when it hasn't been like that.

My only issue with it was that it made front page news....of all that is going on in the world today, and even this country, for the Mirror to think it was worth a front page spread shows (if it were needed) how lame the press is too (imo).

#23    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

• 6,293 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:27 AM

View PostSky Scanner, on 06 April 2013 - 09:21 AM, said:

I certainly don't disagree that they are all detached from reality...most of them have never been apart of reality to begin with, they live in a bubble. But tbh, I can't think of a time when it hasn't been like that.

My only issue with it was that it made front page news....of all that is going on in the world today, and even this country, for the Mirror to think it was worth a front page spread shows (if it were needed) how lame the press is too (imo).

Come on Sky.. If the likes of Kim Kartrashian can make front page then surely theres a place for our Ministers :tu:

I think whats needed is a new age Guy Fawkes.. :whistle:

Posted Image

#24    TSS

TSS

Observer

• Closed
  • 5,750 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:30 AM

View Postxsas, on 06 April 2013 - 09:27 AM, said:

Come on Sky.. If the likes of Kim Kartrashian can make front page then surely theres a place for our Ministers :tu:

I think whats needed is a new age Guy Fawkes.. :whistle:

*puts on V for Vendetta again*

I'm working on it mate, trust me i'm working on it lol... :whistle:

#25    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,125 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:57 AM

View PostSky Scanner, on 06 April 2013 - 08:50 AM, said:

Why do top levels ministers of any cabinet sitting in Dowming Street need protection! Does they really need answering then?
What makes these people more important than anyone else? They just want Power and Control. Why should we give them respect and treat them differently to everyone else just because they have the sheer, naked green and hunger for power that made them a Top Cabinet Minister? Is their job crucial for the running of the country? Of course it isn't. All Ministers and Chancellors of the Exchequer and all the rest of it do is interfere with the smooth running of the country by endless changes of Policy and insisting that Cuts have to be Made. They're utterly parastical.

- Philip K. Dick.

#26    TSS

TSS

Observer

• Closed
  • 5,750 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:50 AM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 06 April 2013 - 09:57 AM, said:

What makes these people more important than anyone else? They just want Power and Control. Why should we give them respect and treat them differently to everyone else just because they have the sheer, naked green and hunger for power that made them a Top Cabinet Minister? Is their job crucial for the running of the country? Of course it isn't. All Ministers and Chancellors of the Exchequer and all the rest of it do is interfere with the smooth running of the country by endless changes of Policy and insisting that Cuts have to be Made. They're utterly parastical.

So basically, either everyone has protection, or no one has protection. Ok.

#27    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

• 6,293 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:33 AM

I think Personal protection of Miniisters etc is a whole new discussion guys, lets not divert from the Disabled parking issue..

Posted Image

#28    Mr.United_Nations

Mr.United_Nations

hi

• 9,304 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:06 PM

There was something pretty much the same in Hampshire involving a police car. People were complaining of police car parked just outside two bays at night. They were responding to a fight or something, the car park was empty and there were other Disabled spaces around the police car.

#29    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:12 PM

View Postxsas, on 05 April 2013 - 12:45 PM, said:

Be nice.

He's obviously mentally challenged as his economics policies show lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users