Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 5 votes

It something bout jupiter

• Please log in to reply
250 replies to this topic

#181    Glorfindel

Glorfindel

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 253 posts

• The answer to 1984, is uhhh... 1812?

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:27 AM

View PostMR.Blueprint, on 09 April 2013 - 01:01 AM, said:

earth is closer to our moon and pluto than it is jupiter

..What?

#182    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,098 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:08 AM

View PostGlorfindel, on 09 April 2013 - 06:27 AM, said:

..What?

I think (well, I hope...) he means they are closer in size.

#183    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:57 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 09 April 2013 - 09:08 AM, said:

I think (well, I hope...) he means they are closer in size.

Just read the entire thread and honestly I'm surprised anybody can make any sense of such gibberish at all. Can someone explain what he means? It does seem my English is not quite up to par on this challenge.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#184    MR.Blueprint

MR.Blueprint

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

• "Nothing Stays The Same" -Thomas Blueprint

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:18 PM

View PostGlorfindel, on 09 April 2013 - 06:27 AM, said:

..What?

closer
as
in
characteristic

what else could it mean

plz leave this thread
you cant comprehend the simplest statement
you have no place on this thread
thx

"Ignorance has no place in a debate" -Dr. Thomas Blueprint

#185    MR.Blueprint

MR.Blueprint

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:22 PM

View PostSundew, on 09 April 2013 - 02:25 AM, said:

I don't think we know enough about all possible solar systems to assume a gas giant's "normal" place in a particular system. It is true that some orbit close in, in fact it is the size and close proximity to their star that probably allowed us to determine their existence in the first place (Earth sized planets are much more difficult to detect in other star systems). We know only a few hundred systems in a sea of billions of stars in our galaxy alone.

Most theories of planetary formation have an accretion disc of dust and gas largely in one plane around its star, with gravity pulling the bits together to form ever larger bodies. Some animators or computer simulations show early planets and moons striking each other like billiard balls, some being destroyed, some coallessing to form the planets we see today.

Earth is quite large compared to most moons. If you take Titan, the largest moon in our solar system if memory serves, something big would have to exert a gravitation force strong enough to pull it away from Saturn and send it towards the sun. That would be some object, because Saturn's gravitational hold on its moons is second only to Jupiter. As Titan fell towards the sun, its orbit would be almost like that of a short period comet assuming that it went into orbit at all. The wrong approach to the sun could send it off into space, never to return to our solar system. And how would an object with such an eccentric orbit similar to a comet's, ever settle into a gentle ellipse like that of the earth? Seems much more likely the planets formed more or less where they are today.

something big would have to exert a gravitation force strong enough to pull it away from Saturn and send it towards the sun

saturn in further out

and i would call our moon something big
or
Some animators or computer simulations show early planets and moons striking each other like billiard balls,

And how would an object with such an eccentric orbit similar to a comet's, ever settle into a gentle ellipse like that of the earth?
size and time

#186    MR.Blueprint

MR.Blueprint

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:28 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 09 April 2013 - 01:56 AM, said:

Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick! Even according to your theory that the inner planets may have been moons at one time they are clearly planets now and not moons any longer! Moons specifically orbit planets! None of the currently classified planets orbit other planets! How...what...I don't even..... :wacko:

what bout a planets sized asteroid in the asteroid belt what would that be classified as?

the definition for planet and moons are too bland ad not saying anything

jupiter and earth shouldnt be classified as the same thing it will only hinder research with new solar systems

#187    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:34 PM

View PostTheSearcher, on 09 April 2013 - 11:57 AM, said:

Just read the entire thread and honestly I'm surprised anybody can make any sense of such gibberish at all. Can someone explain what he means? It does seem my English is not quite up to par on this challenge.

I wouldnt worry about it, TS,... We have people here from all over the world, many with good solid educations and extremely knowledgeable in their fields. We have amateur astronomers and people that do physics for a living. We have veritable google wizards that can dig up pretty much anything, as long as it is on the internet. We have "open minded" hard-core paranormal believers who buys pretty much every and all wild claims ever posted here at UM.

None of them seem to be able to make sense of Blueprints unintelligible language/grammar or senseless ideas.

This is as close to the definition of nonsense as we ever will get - "Subject matter, behavior, and language that is foolish and absurd."

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#188    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,376 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:35 PM

View PostMR.Blueprint, on 09 April 2013 - 12:28 PM, said:

what bout a planets sized asteroid in the asteroid belt what would that be classified as?

The total mass of the asteroid belt is estimated to be 2.8×1021 to 3.2×1021 kilograms, which is just 4% of the mass of the Moon.[2] The four largest objects, Ceres, 4 Vesta, 2 Pallas, and 10 Hygiea, account for half of the belt's total mass, with almost one-third accounted for by Ceres alone.

in pidgin inglish den for ya....(sic)...der aint no assteroid big as a planit,  (innit...)

edit for source

http://en.wikipedia....Characteristics

Edited by seeder, 09 April 2013 - 12:42 PM.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#189    MR.Blueprint

MR.Blueprint

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:40 PM

View Postseeder, on 09 April 2013 - 12:35 PM, said:

The total mass of the asteroid belt is estimated to be 2.8×1021 to 3.2×1021 kilograms, which is just 4% of the mass of the Moon.[2] The four largest objects, Ceres, 4 Vesta, 2 Pallas, and 10 Hygiea, account for half of the belt's total mass, with almost one-third accounted for by Ceres alone.

edit for source

the asteroid belt's only dwarf planet, is about 950 km in diameter

why would one asteroid be consider a dwarf planet?

by definition all the asteroids in the asteroid belt should be know as sub planets or dwarf planets

#190    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,376 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:43 PM

View PostMR.Blueprint, on 09 April 2013 - 12:40 PM, said:

the asteroid belt's only dwarf planet, is about 950 km in diameter

why would one asteroid be consider a dwarf planet?

by definition all the asteroids in the asteroid belt should be know as sub planets or dwarf planets

Best go tell that to Space.com and NASA. Im sure they will be horrified they got their facts wrong

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#191    MR.Blueprint

MR.Blueprint

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:44 PM

View Postseeder, on 09 April 2013 - 12:35 PM, said:

in pidgin inglish den for ya....(sic)...der aint no assteroid big as a planit,  (innit...)

edit for source

http://www.unexplain...c=245841&st=180

Ceres, the asteroid belt's only dwarf planet, is about 950 km in diameter
http://en.wikipedia....i/Asteroid_belt

is that english?

#192    MR.Blueprint

MR.Blueprint

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:46 PM

View Postseeder, on 09 April 2013 - 12:43 PM, said:

Best go tell that to Space.com and NASA. Im sure they will be horrified they got their facts wrong

i think nasa knows it got it wrong and will accept that

open minded can accept when something news is discovered proving what we thought to be right to be rong

only closed minded ppl nvr accept the new

you cant tell them they are wrong

#193    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:50 PM

View PostMR.Blueprint, on 09 April 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

is that english?

Unfortunately for you, yes it is.

Edited by Hazzard, 09 April 2013 - 12:52 PM.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#194    MR.Blueprint

MR.Blueprint

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:51 PM

View Postseeder, on 09 April 2013 - 12:43 PM, said:

by definition a star in a binary system should be known as a planet because it orbits another star?

#195    MR.Blueprint

MR.Blueprint

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:53 PM

View PostHazzard, on 09 April 2013 - 12:50 PM, said:

Unfortunately for you, yes it is.

From your link -   The asteroid belt is occupied by numerous irregularly shaped bodies called asteroids or minor planets.  Not to be confused with Dwarf planet.

you are the most pointless person here

whats ur point

that they are called minor planets not dwarf planets?

my point was its planets in the asteroid belt

by definition all the asteroid should be know as planets then

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users