Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

A fascist or just a fool

fascist footbal manager sunderland

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#16    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:54 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 06 April 2013 - 07:08 PM, said:

Same thing

A guy swore at me wearing a white shirt so we must lock you up too as you must be the same. Get it?

You dont apply your issues with one group of people to another. Its called sterotyping.

#17    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,463 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:51 PM

When Italy was stuffed during WW2, where did all the facists suddenly disappear to,one day they were there the next gone,how ever if he keeps the club he's joined from relegation, he will have at least 280000 supporters who wont give a toss whether he is Italian,Facist or Neanderthal,he will become an instant Hero.Give the guy a chance before condemning him for something that occurred years ago.The PRESS are trying to rabble rouse,because Katy Price has gone on holiday,so they have nothing to report.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#18    ciriuslea

ciriuslea

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

• CHAMP20NS

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:16 PM

made me chuckle

#19    RamblingRebel

RamblingRebel

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:33 AM

I'll always remember him from the time he could've put the ball in the net from a cross but he did the honourable thing and caught the ball instead because the keeper was injured on the floor.

That tells me more about his personality than the odd misconstrued salute.

#20    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,463 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:05 AM

Things are looking grim
So we turn to him
we dont care about his sin
He's just gotta win.

#21    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,047 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:11 AM

Everyone has good and bad sides to them, but giving the Fascist salute in public is just something that cannot go unnoticed, and, indeed, where it is illegal, cannot go unpunished.  Society has the right to impose reasonable limits on freedom of speech, and inflammatory gestures properly are among the things that can be restricted or prohibited.

#22    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,463 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:58 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 07 April 2013 - 07:11 AM, said:

Everyone has good and bad sides to them, but giving the Fascist salute in public is just something that cannot go unnoticed, and, indeed, where it is illegal, cannot go unpunished.  Society has the right to impose reasonable limits on freedom of speech, and inflammatory gestures properly are among the things that can be restricted or prohibited.
   in this country there are no restrictions on freedom of speech,thats why we are British.Have you done nothing wrong or stupid in your younger days,that you now consider to be the wrong thing to do but at the time was a spontaneous gesture.We have had demonstrations here that involved burning our flag in public,and nothing was done about it.I bet you wouldnt dare do that where you live.We are British and we tolerate idiots.The only thing that is not allowed is Treason.De Canio is Italian and doesnt know our rules, but I'm sure that if he did at the time he wouldnt have done it,and he wont do it again.

#23    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,047 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:52 AM

I have to ask, you being British and me knowing how the British feel about certain words, what would have been the reaction if on TV someone called someone else "retarded," or "spastic?"  The Fascist salute has much the same effect over much of the world.  Yes it can be overlooked and forgiven once appropriate apologies are made, but if it is an indication of actual racism, then maybe not.

#24    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:27 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 07 April 2013 - 08:52 AM, said:

I have to ask, you being British and me knowing how the British feel about certain words, what would have been the reaction if on TV someone called someone else "retarded," or "spastic?"  The Fascist salute has much the same effect over much of the world.  Yes it can be overlooked and forgiven once appropriate apologies are made, but if it is an indication of actual racism, then maybe not.

In truth I dont think 95% of the country really cares if someone is calling others retards or giving fascist salutes,

We've got more interesting things to get on with despite the media coming out with its sensationalist stories.

#25    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,047 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:31 PM

I think you are mistaken; I think far more people do care about such things than you imagine.

#26    ciriuslea

ciriuslea

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

• CHAMP20NS

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:59 PM

Only when they are told to care.  

View PostFrank Merton, on 07 April 2013 - 01:31 PM, said:

I think you are mistaken; I think far more people do care about such things than you imagine.

#27    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,047 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:36 PM

I would

View Postciriuslea, on 07 April 2013 - 01:59 PM, said:

Only when they are told to care.  
I very much hope that is not the case, and I think it is not the case too.  I think most people recognize hate when they see it and do what they can about it.  The press to an extent leads public opinion, but it is also lead by public opinion in its turn.

#28    ciriuslea

ciriuslea

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

• CHAMP20NS

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:49 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 07 April 2013 - 02:36 PM, said:

I would

I very much hope that is not the case, and I think it is not the case too.  I think most people recognize hate when they see it and do what they can about it.  The press to an extent leads public opinion, but it is also lead by public opinion in its turn.

There has been no hate for people to recognise, concerning Di Canio anyway, he flew the zeit hail a few times, tune in to sky sports on the 20th and watch 50k people care about his fascism at the stadium of light...

#29    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:07 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 07 April 2013 - 01:31 PM, said:

Most British people are not black, gay, disabled or Jewish so we dont have issues over Hitlers ideology.

We simply dont buy into all the hysteria over WW2 although as Ciriuslea points out we will say what we are told to say when we are forced too. The rest of the time we really couldnt care less. In fact its actually irritating having people constantly trying to tell us how to think over something which happened 70 years ago.

I believe in freedom as most of my people do and if someone wants to be a fascist then thats their choice. Its not for others to police peoples political beliefs and its disgusting that people should want someone forced out of their job for them.

Our Democracy is open to all political persuasions.

Edited by Giant Killer B, 07 April 2013 - 03:14 PM.

#30    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:11 PM

View Postciriuslea, on 07 April 2013 - 02:49 PM, said:

There has been no hate for people to recognise, concerning Di Canio anyway, he flew the zeit hail a few times, tune in to sky sports on the 20th and watch 50k people care about his fascism at the stadium of light...

They might find 5 fans who refuse to support the club while he's there but so long as he performs the other 49995 will love him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users