Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

PC unchained in Army brief

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:08 PM

View Postredhen, on 06 April 2013 - 02:16 PM, said:

"The Archdiocese for the Military Services and Chaplain Alliance for Religious Liberty recently became aware of a U.S. Army Reserve Equal Opportunity training brief that expressly listed “Catholicism,” “Evangelical Christianity” and other religious groups as examples of “religious extremism” alongside groups such as “Al Qaeda”, “Hamas” and the “KKK.”  "

See page 24

How's that for "inclusiveness" ?

It is crazy.They really should have listed Political Correctness as religious extremism too. And disturbingly, it is the most rampant form in the West.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#17    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,825 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:45 AM

View PostZaphod222, on 07 April 2013 - 11:08 PM, said:

It is crazy.They really should have listed Political Correctness as religious extremism too. And disturbingly, it is the most rampant form in the West.

Nope, it's not religious it's political, specifically it's also known as Cultural Marxism and it's aimed at the West, that's why you didn't see any of these programs of "studies" in universities in the Soviet Union.

Reading through the Wiki article I can see their bias as well;

"Since the early 1990s, paleoconservatives such as Patrick Buchanan and William S. Lind have argued that "Cultural Marxism" is a dominant strain of thought within the American left"

"paleoconservative" ? That denotes knuckle dragging neanderthals. Excuse me while I groom my fur.

#18    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• Closed
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:33 PM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 07 April 2013 - 10:26 PM, said:

Well thanks for the BR :P

Just to put things into perspective, I was born and raised Roman Catholic.  16 years of catholic education, including Jesuit college.

I lost my religion over 20 years ago, though I still have many many catholic friends.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users