Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

Possible Haunting

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16    Paradoxum

Paradoxum

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 111 posts

• "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:43 PM

Well that is good news :) I think your daughter is having nightmares, and they will pass. My gf's son who is three used to get them almost every night about 6 months ago - literally waking up screaming. He's fine now and sleeps all night although it did take a little while to pass. It sounds like you have much less to be concerned over now and that's always good! :tu:

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science." - A. Einstein

#17    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,381 posts

• ~*★*~Engine of destruction~*★*~

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:56 PM

If it doesn't pass (the waking screaming) look into night terrors.  It's sleep disorder and can be very scary.

#18    hauntedinsc

hauntedinsc

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:58 PM

My oldest son had sleep terrors when he was younger it scared the daylights out of me. He would get up running (still asleep) screaming bloody Murder I actually thought someone was in my house after him but I caught him in the hall and quickly realized he was asleep but I hugged and hugged him trying to console him but the screaming just went on and on. It still breaks my heart just to remember it. It was just so anguished and terrified but I was scared to wake him up since I to use to sleep walk and my mother was told to never wake me during an episode.

#19    hauntedinsc

hauntedinsc

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:01 PM

Also you can take him to a doctor but in my experience there was nothing they could do. Said he would grow out of it.

#20    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,381 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:20 AM

It's interesting your son had Night Terrors because sometimes sleep disorders are genetic and now you are having sleep problems.

It's right not to wake someone during an episode because you can get hurt.  All sleep disorders are related in one way or the other.   Therapy can be helpful as can benzos for some.

Best of luck to you

source:
http://en.wikipedia....ki/Night_terror

#21    hauntedinsc

hauntedinsc

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:04 AM

Thanks cold and yes my youngest had them to for a short period of time luckily my children haven't sleep walked but I didn't start until I was 14 and living in very stressful conditions so I'm really hoping its not genetic.

#22    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,381 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:10 PM

View Posthauntedinsc, on 20 May 2013 - 01:04 AM, said:

Thanks cold and yes my youngest had them to for a short period of time luckily my children haven't sleep walked but I didn't start until I was 14 and living in very stressful conditions so I'm really hoping its not genetic.

Hopefully.  Stress can cause sleep disorders too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users