Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Total Recall?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1    pitchp

pitchp

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 210 posts

• "I go when I want to go. To prolong life would be tasteless"
    Albert Einstein

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:36 AM

The secret world of dreams has been unlocked with the invention of technology capable of illustrating images taken directly from human brains during sleep.

http://www.telegraph...map-dreams.html

A team of Japanese scientists have created a device that enables the processing and imaging of thoughts and dreams as experienced in the brain to appear on a computer screen.

Would this the birth of Total Recall?

https://www.youtube....h?v=sWMhADqlPYg

"The truth is out there. We are all searching for it."
   PitchP

#2    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 2,639 posts

• There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:54 AM

dammmmmmmmmmmmmm

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#3    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,213 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:37 PM

The eyes retna is able to recognize an image?!?!?  Producing the word "neuron" and publishing it in the US  journal Neuron?!?!?

The article is a bit fishy to me.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#4    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,529 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:08 PM

I dont want to know that I fell into a tub of crap while I was asleep

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#5    mysticwerewolf

mysticwerewolf

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

• let thy insanity keep thee sane, but if that doesn't work then go fishing... I need to go fishing real Real bad!.. catch a big one

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

I would love it if I could record my dreams as a visual 'Movie' that I could go back and watch while awake.  maybe I could come to understand those dreams. for example why is it that my car is stolen or lost in every dream I have that involves a car in any way

#6    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 15,466 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:49 AM

View Postmysticwerewolf, on 09 April 2013 - 02:57 PM, said:

I would love it if I could record my dreams as a visual 'Movie' that I could go back and watch while awake.  maybe I could come to understand those dreams. for example why is it that my car is stolen or lost in every dream I have that involves a car in any way
LOL do I empathise with this. I have hundreds of dreams where I have lost or mislocated my car. I don't think i ever find it, but the dreams often evolve in fun and interesting experiences in other ways. Occasionally I also "lose" my home.'" ie I am quite certain inmy dream that I have a home that I do not have in real life. (sometimes we have just moved there in the dream and I cant find it or get to it because I dont know itts address or exactly where it is Again this leads on to some fascinating scenarios. And finally I also have dremas where i am teaching in other schools and I "lose" a class or dont know my time table or room location.  Despite being interested in dream analysis, I have never quite cracked why these particular dreams occur regularly over many decades. I understand the general symbologies but not the specific ones.

I always wondered why i could remember  the registration of my parents car from 50 years ago, and why, as a child, i would dream of mum and dad driving off in it without me. LAst night my brother  while looking at some old photos of the car and caravan,, brought up how as young children we travelled a lot on holidays with muma dad. They made us memorise the car registration and our address so tha tif lost we could find the car or tell people where to take us.  Obviously this stuck in my psyche for the next fifty years.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#7    sickpuppy

sickpuppy

tinfoil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:37 AM

it's only a matter of time until something like this dream-vision goes mainstream. i think it's already here, especially when certain companies are doing press releases on how their next generation of devices (consoles etc) will interface directly with the human mind (..and then they retract the statement some days later)

folks might also like to do some research on the supposed technology used by "fireburndoctor" (check it out) ..i'm not saying this actually exists (i can't prove that) what i'm saying is - someone WANTS you to think it exists.

My contribution is deciding how giant mutant space goats travel in space.
Newton's Second Law: For every action there is a equal and opposite reaction. They fart themselves around.

#8    Irrelevant

Irrelevant

Apparition

• Closed
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:48 AM

Something's lacking in this story...evidence evidently!

#9    mysticwerewolf

mysticwerewolf

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

• let thy insanity keep thee sane, but if that doesn't work then go fishing... I need to go fishing real Real bad!.. catch a big one

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:35 AM

View PostMr Walker, on 26 April 2013 - 03:49 AM, said:

LOL do I empathise with this. I have hundreds of dreams where I have lost or mislocated my car. I don't think i ever find it, but the dreams often evolve in fun and interesting experiences in other ways. Occasionally I also "lose" my home.'" ie I am quite certain inmy dream that I have a home that I do not have in real life. (sometimes we have just moved there in the dream and I cant find it or get to it because I dont know itts address or exactly where it is Again this leads on to some fascinating scenarios. And finally I also have dremas where i am teaching in other schools and I "lose" a class or dont know my time table or room location.  Despite being interested in dream analysis, I have never quite cracked why these particular dreams occur regularly over many decades. I understand the general symbologies but not the specific ones.

it doesn't seem to matter what car I am in or whether I am the driver or passenger if there is a specific car I will turn around and  it will vanish. Poof.  gone. only once did I  manage to successfully do something about it.  Who knows someday perhaps they will be able to record  dreams and play them back on a DVD machine so you can see the entire scenario. Movies not still images.

Edited by mysticwerewolf, 26 April 2013 - 07:39 AM.

#10    stevemagegod

stevemagegod

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"-Neil Armstrong

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:20 PM

Interesting but i don't see this technology being mass produced anytime soon.. :cry:

#11    SikFly

SikFly

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:39 AM

Where are the images? I want to see what they have captured.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users