Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

If Women Were Bigger

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:38 AM

If women always were bigger and stronger than men, would the historical record be unrecognizable? Please don't tell comedy club jokes. ;) This is a serious inquiry. For the most part, men dominated women in most places throughout the known historical record. This likely was just because they had superior size and strength. Imagine that the opposite is true. Under this particular scenario, there might have been matriarchies that lasted for millennia. What do you think?

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#2    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,140 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:57 AM

If that was the case yes, but they would also have to be mentaly larger so to speak.  Women are strong but after 2500000 yrs we are where we are. Women will kick ass but I doubt the out come will be any differint.

Edited by The Silver Thong, 07 April 2013 - 03:58 AM.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#3    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,404 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:08 AM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 07 April 2013 - 03:57 AM, said:

If that was the case yes, but they would also have to be mentaly larger so to speak.  Women are strong but after 2500000 yrs we are where we are. Women will kick ass but I doubt the out come will be any differint.
Are you actually insinuating that women have a lessor mental capacity than men?

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#4    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:14 AM

I think the fact that women carried babies and then had to care for them afterward played a big role in giving men the feeling of dominance.  Women may not have necessarily been much smaller initially but were definitely more vulnerable with the babies and if men wanted their genes to live on then they had to play a part in protecting their children.

But, to answer your question, I do believe things would be very different in a matriarchal society.  I think there would a bigger focus on child care.  Probably same amount of political conflict but wars would be fought differently.  I'm not sure how exactly but I know espionage would play a huge part.  

I  think  the collective outlook would be quieter, more introspective.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#5    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,140 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:28 AM

View PostlibstaK, on 07 April 2013 - 04:08 AM, said:

Are you actually insinuating that women have a lessor mental capacity than men?

No women are equal but yet men rule the the plant, sue me.

#6    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,140 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:34 AM

http://www.break.com...-harris-2430747

I ment all are equal

#7    goodconversations

goodconversations

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 123 posts

• We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are. Anais Nin

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:11 AM

Idon't think it was ever a matter of physical strength because physical strength didn't help the Neanderthals outlive us. It wasn't a matter of mental abilities either because we're equal in this. So what was it that made patriarchy dominant? It has to be something that hindered women from playing the same social roles as men. I agree with Lava_Lady that being the sex able to bear children was what hindred women (i mean how soon do you think our ancestors waited before becoming sexually active and thus pregnant?). Our primitive male ancestors, being unable to really bond with babies or feel they were really a part of them, didn't find it reasonable to share the responsibility of rearing them with the mothers. So while they were out living their lives to the fullest, women were stuck at home with the babies doing work around the house and allowing men to play the roles of the provider and protector. As men and women continued to not see why men had an equal responsibility in rearing babies, the tradition kept on and ended up being understood as innate or the law of nature. I'm pleased that this is changing now.

However, i think that gender stereotypes will not disappear until humans experience matriarchy (going from one extreme to the other then settling in the middle).

Posted Image
There's nothing more
erotic than a good
conversation

#8    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,404 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:58 AM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 07 April 2013 - 04:28 AM, said:

No women are equal but yet men rule the the plant, sue me.
They rule through brute force/physical strength, that just means there are alot of bullies on the planet imo.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#9    Asadora

Asadora

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:29 AM

If women were 'bigger' (I'll just use the same wording as in the topic.) then perhaps more aliens would want to visit and adorn all the wonderful beautiful females with intergalactic gifts and perhaps even an interstellar starship!

We have often heard, '...and they came to the Earth and thought that Human females were beautiful and so they had sex with them...' (taken from various theories from Ancient Alien to Nibru).

I would have no problem living in a matriarchal society, because I think it would be possible that having such would afford us perhaps better offerings that what we have now.
Perhaps because we do live in a male dominated society, that is one reason as to why we are still 'alone' on this planet and possibly this solar system.
What if the gender table was turned and we lived in a female dominated society...wonder how that would affect our uh...universal knowledge or encounters.

If I was an alien and saw Earth and upon closer inspection realised that in order to get to the beautiful females, I'd have to endure the bruteness of 'men' then I'd prolly just get back in my ship and leave.

Just a ponderment.

Kind Regards :)

"From time to time there appear on the face of the earth men of rare and consummate excellence, who dazzle us by their virtue, and whose outstanding qualities shed a stupendous light. Like those extraordinary stars of whose origins we are ignorant, and of whose fate, once they have vanished, we know even less, such men have neither forebears nor descendants: they are the whole of their race."  -- Jean de la Bruyere 1645-1696.

#10    jules99

jules99

Psychic Spy

• 1,028 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:33 AM

I think whichever sex rules is purely fashion...Sure men seem to be in control ATM but, there have been plenty of times in the past when women have either been worshiped or been in control;

Posted Image

#11    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 15,769 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:52 AM

If that was the case yes, but they would also have to be mentaly larger so to speak.  

One might argue that the reason women aren't 'in control' is because we already are 'mentally larger'. All too often being 'in control' comes down to aggression, dominance, brute force, destruction of life. For most of the world the darker qualities of humanity are still what rule us.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#12    PersonFromPorlock

PersonFromPorlock

Psychic Spy

• 1,317 posts

• Few things do more harm than the belief that life should be Dramatic.

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:10 PM

My wife's a foot shorter than I am but I'm almost never aware of the difference. And she certainly isn't!

Every man has a small boy in his past with a mother who's nine feet tall and furious. If we weren't bigger than them we'd never overcome that; as it is, we barely stay even.

#13    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,340 posts

• The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:16 PM

Im 5'10

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#14    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,340 posts

• The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:19 PM

I also dont think its about size but mentality. Men in general have a farther way to go in this area. They appear to be the bigger ones but that is only an illusion.

The meek shall inherit the earth.

The least is the greatest.

Etc.

;)

Edit: actually women have a ways to go as well.. mental compacity should always win over brute strength, but unfortunately brute strength can still be psychologically intimidating. Whatever doesn't kill us should make us stronger but that isnt the usual case.

Edited by SpiritWriter, 07 April 2013 - 03:24 PM.

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#15    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Psychic Spy

• 2,094 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:22 AM

I bet that they would have ruled the world if the roles/traits had been reversed. Their brains would have been different too in that they would have had more exposure to male-dominated fields.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users