Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man discovers his new pet poodles are ferrets

Still Waters

Gullible bargain hunters at Argentina's largest bazaar are forking hundreds of dollars for what they think are gorgeous toy poodles, only to discover that their cute pooch is in fact a ferret pumped up on steroids.

One retired man from Catamarca, duped by the knock-down price for a pedigree dog, became suspicious he had bought what Argentinians call a 'Brazilian rat' and when he returned home took the 'dogs' to a vet for their vaccinations.

http://www.dailymail...-like-dogs.html

A few years ago I read the story that in China people were selling baby lambs as poodles.

When I first saw the title of this thread I laughed out loud. But then I saw the reality. WTF are they doing to the poor ferrets and other animals? Are they seriously that f'ed up in the head??????? <_<

• Like 4

I'm guessing he hasn't seen a poodle before.

I mean, I'm not a dog expert. However that is definitely not a poodle.

• Like 3

That's not even a "typically full-grown ferret" in the bottom picture, though it is the same size. That's a rare Black footed ferret from North America. You'd think with the entire internet at their disposal, they could've come up with one stock picture of a normal domestic European Ferret

• Like 2

They're pumping little ferrets with steroids :cry: . How long do they expect to stay in business, people are gonna wise up pretty quick and it's just horrible that they would do that.

• Like 2

I'd rather have a ferret any day! Poor baby ferrets though.... steroids at birth? That is just plain nasty :(

• Like 4

I have owned ferrets in the past. I had a silver-mitt and a black-eyed white. They were awesome pets.

• Like 1

I'd rather have a ferret any day! Poor baby ferrets though.... steroids at birth? That is just plain nasty :(

My nephew's gf has a toy poodle. He is actually adorable but so energetic it can drive you nuts. Apparently tea cup poodles are themselves treated no better than the steroid attacked ferrets. A teacup poodles range of health problems from being bred so small give them an ave lifespan of 3-5 years. Personally, I'd get a poodle but never a minature, I would not encourage the type of breeding that deformed a dog to the point of a shortened life span, it's disgusting all round.

I feel terrible for the ferret's,they had to go through such thing at birth :(

• Like 1

I feel terrible for the ferret's,they had to go through such thing at birth :(

But they can bench 250 lbs.

• Like 3

That's some big a$$ ferrets.

Edited by ancient astronaut

No way would I ever bee confused enough to think a ferret was a dog.

I owned two poodles. Both were from the same litter, but one was a runt. I wanted to take all of them including the mom as I did not like the man who had them. The pups were scared of him. The bigger one lived to be sixteen and died of heart failure. The runt lived to be 18 and I finally had to put her down as she had a stroke. They were part of the family and my youngest was only two when we got them. He would not let go of the little runt so had no choice but keep both. He was devastated when she died. I guess they lived a long life as they were loved.

I would definitely know the difference between a ferret and a dog. How stupid can they be?

damn poor animals it looks buff though lol but nonetheless its still wrong.stop animal cruelty people.

Poor ferrets... Those people should get pumped full of steroids, get their hair fluffed into a ball and paraded trough the streets with a sign that says, "I abused ferrets. I an a dumb a ss" or let the ferrets chew on their toes... which ever.

to be fair half these silly little dogs look like rodents so i can understand the trouble in differentiating...lol

so not fair to the ferrets though as pumping them full of steroids must of hurt them x

Edited by Feebs

If you will pardon the pun ... There is nothing so agonizing to the fine skin of vanity as the application of a ruff truth ...

If you will pardon the pun ... There is nothing so agonizing to the fine skin of vanity as the application of a ruff truth ...

i love this xx

How stupid would you have to be to not realise they're not poodles...

The ferrets wouldn't care about the steroids because they're ripped!!

You guys obviously haven't been to veterinary school. All I ever hear on this site is FAKE FAKE. I'm sure next you are going to tell me that this isn't a rat terrier I bought. MuscleRat.jpg

• Like 1

You guys obviously haven't been to veterinary school. All I ever hear on this site is FAKE FAKE. I'm sure next you are going to tell me that this isn't a rat terrier I bought. MuscleRat.jpg

That is one buff rat... terrier. I bet he's brilliant.