Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

ET Body - Long Arms

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#16    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,600 posts

• space debris, decided to evolve and become us!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:57 AM

why would the missionaries evolve in such a way?

Posted Image

:unsure2:

#17    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:06 AM

Just cause I like to do things differently.........

Posted Image

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#18    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,560 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:39 PM

View Posttopsecretresearch, on 09 April 2013 - 05:40 AM, said:

"When one of them turned and looked at me, I realized they weren't human. For one thing, the arms were too long and the bodies were too thin."

Question. Why are a primates arms long?

"HOMINOID STRUCTURE"

As the skeleton of a chimpanzee (1) and gibbon (2) to the right show, apes have short backs with wide, barrel-shaped chests and robust pelvic girdles. The length of spine between rib cage and pelvis is much shorter in apes than in monkeys. These features are related to the upright posture of their bodies. The development of a vertical posture in apes was accompanied by increased manual dexterity. Apes’ fore limbs are longer than their hind limbs (except for humans). Apes have extremely flexible shoulders, elbows and wrists. The two bones (ulna and radius) in the lower fore limb and the two bones (tibia and fibula) in lower hind limb of apes are separate and highly mobile. All apes lack tails as they are not needed for balancing.

http://www.nhc.ed.ac...493.504.508.505

so why will an alien have long arms, they don't walk on all 4's or swing thru tree's do they?  All species are adapted to the environment they live in, if you need longer arms, then why? Why should an alien have developed long arms? There HAS to be a reason!!  Id have thought aliens with long arms and skinny bodies might find it awkward using those arms, anatomy tends to be balanced

Other than that of course, I dont believe any of it anyway..

Edited by seeder, 09 April 2013 - 01:48 PM.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#19    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,095 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:09 AM

View Postseeder, on 09 April 2013 - 01:39 PM, said:

so why will an alien have long arms, they don't walk on all 4's or swing thru tree's do they?  All species are adapted to the environment they live in, if you need longer arms, then why? Why should an alien have developed long arms? There HAS to be a reason!!  Id have thought aliens with long arms and skinny bodies might find it awkward using those arms, anatomy tends to be balanced

I agree, that it looks rather silly, the nuances of the story vary differently, what this indicates more is many species with long arms, which seems rather unlikely, although I suppose long arms might be advantageous in some situations, I do not know about these ridiculously long arms that would only be developed under low gravity - try holding your arms out to the sids and count to 100 - but I do believe the best deadlifters are known to have long arms.

But all in all, every time I see this thread, I canot help but think of.........................

LINK

Edited by psyche101, 10 April 2013 - 01:10 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#20    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,404 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:32 AM

Have Pooper-scooper will travel ! :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#21    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,104 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:22 AM

View PostTesla II, on 08 April 2013 - 09:15 AM, said:

This is very interesting video made from the owner of the channel.

NOT EVERYTHING IS TRUE, but still has some, few good videos and informations.

Start is abit weird/fake but later on there is good stuff.

Is this for real??

At 23:21 min:

Rep. John Haller
Pensylvania 12th district

It's about HR8791, the Homeland Terrorism Preparedness Bill

"...bla bla ... classified....blablabla ...classified...blablablabla ....classified.."

This goes on for a minute, but at 24:32 he says:

"due to their enormous size and otherworldly strength"

What's it about? An attack by mutated gorillas or something?

#22    MR.Blueprint

MR.Blueprint

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

• "Nothing Stays The Same" -Thomas Blueprint

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:26 AM

View Posttopsecretresearch, on 08 April 2013 - 08:21 AM, said:

• 1941, Spring Cape Girardeau, Missouri

..small man about 4 feet tall with a large head and long arms.

• March 22, 1953. Tujunga Canyon, California

Source: http://www.ufoinfo.c...anoid1954.shtml

Source: Ann Druffel, Idabel Epperson & D Scott Rogo

Sarah Shaw & Jan Whitley. The beings were humanoids of slender build, with narrow shoulders and long arms.

• May 1954. Kensington Lake, Detroit, Michigan

Source: http://www.ufoinfo.c...anoid1954.shtml

Source: http://www.ufoevidence.org/sightings

The three beings looked tall, thin with long arms, and large oversized heads with large black eyes, they collected samples of sand, vegetation, water and communicated telepathically with the witness telling her, “Do not be afraid, we will not harm you” before embarking back into the ship.

• July 3, 1955 Margaret Symmonds, Stockton, GA

http://www.nicap.org...upants_hall.htm

Posted Image

Four 3-1/2 to 4-ft tall beings, gray garb, long arms, large reddish eyes, pointed chins, small mouths, clawlike hands; beings in road apparently digging with sticks; witness swerved car to avoid hitting them.

• August 21-22, 1955. Kelly, KY.
http://www.nicap.org...upants_hall.htm

Posted Image

J. C. Sutton family. Two or three 3-1/2 ft tall beings, large heads, big ears, large luminous eyes, long arms, clawlike hands, luminescent torsos; disc-shaped craft landed, dog barked violently, beings approached house one or two at a time, floated at times.

• Spring 1967. El Yunque, Puerto Rico

Source: http://www.ufoinfo.c...anoid1972.shtml

Source: Jorge Martin, Evidencia Ovni # 7

Ramon Quiñones. The figure was described as over 6 ft tall, very thin, with long dangling arms, that reached to his knees, wearing a tight fitting bright silvery outfit, that gave off a white fluorescent light.

• August 29, 1967. Cussac, France

Source: http://www.ufoeviden...ses/case705.htm

Source: Joel Mesnard and Claude Pavy, excerpt from FSR, Sept/Oct 1968

Francois Delpeuch (13) and his sister Anne-Marie (9). The limb proportions were not completely in accordance with the norms of our species. The arms were somewhat too long and thin (see sketches). The children could not distinguish anything which might serve as hands. The legs were short and thin.

A. Heinonen. One small humanoid, thin arms, descended in light beam from hovering disc, rendered witnesses unconscious with "light weapon".

• 1971. Sunnyland, Illinois

Source: http://www.ufoinfo.c...anoid1971.shtml

Source: Direct from witness - Albert Rosales

The beings were thin and had long arms; their heads were large in proportion to their bodies.

Two 1.2-meter humanoids, slender limbs, black caps, coveralls, with oval craft; UFO took off with whistling sound, sped away.

• October 12, 1973. Pascagoula, Mississippi.
Posted Image

if aliens do exist
they will have no arms or legs

"Ignorance has no place in a debate" -Dr. Thomas Blueprint

#23    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,104 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:32 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 10 April 2013 - 11:22 AM, said:

Is this for real??

At 23:21 min:

Rep. John Haller
Pensylvania 12th district

It's about HR8791, the Homeland Terrorism Preparedness Bill

"...bla bla ... classified....blablabla ...classified...blablablabla ....classified.."

This goes on for a minute, but at 24:32 he says:

"due to their enormous size and otherworldly strength"

What's it about? An attack by mutated gorillas or something?

It's not:

Date: Mon, Oct 15, 2007 4:50 pm
To: ronpaul-281@meetup.com
You were suckered. This is a *spoof*. The Rep. of PA's 17th district is Tim Holden, a Democrat, not someone fictitious named Jon Haller. Hello??

The sponsor of the video, The Onion, is a well satire publisher.

http://www.meetup.co...669080#12111312

++

EDIT

But hey, it's about the 12th district, not the 17th district. Or...??

I think I need glasses.

Edited by Abramelin, 10 April 2013 - 11:45 AM.

#24    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,560 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:44 PM

View PostMR.Blueprint, on 10 April 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:

if aliens do exist
they will have no arms or legs

and what will make you say that? If something is capable of building a space craft it will need hands wont it? Or similar! And if a species evolve enough to do space travel, they will no doubt, like man, be top of the food chain...on their world..

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#25    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,600 posts

• space debris, decided to evolve and become us!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:02 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 10 April 2013 - 11:32 AM, said:

But hey, it's about the 12th district, not the 17th district. Or...??

it's just about the bs...

#26    bison

bison

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:41 PM

View Postseeder, on 09 April 2013 - 01:39 PM, said:

Question. Why are a primates arms long?

"HOMINOID STRUCTURE"

As the skeleton of a chimpanzee (1) and gibbon (2) to the right show, apes have short backs with wide, barrel-shaped chests and robust pelvic girdles. The length of spine between rib cage and pelvis is much shorter in apes than in monkeys. These features are related to the upright posture of their bodies. The development of a vertical posture in apes was accompanied by increased manual dexterity. Apes’ fore limbs are longer than their hind limbs (except for humans). Apes have extremely flexible shoulders, elbows and wrists. The two bones (ulna and radius) in the lower fore limb and the two bones (tibia and fibula) in lower hind limb of apes are separate and highly mobile. All apes lack tails as they are not needed for balancing.

http://www.nhc.ed.ac...493.504.508.505

Humans probably evolved over a long period of time, from ancestors that moved about the ground on all four limbs, making for comparatively  short arms. A species with a more direct descent from an arboreal  species might retain at least some of the arm length of such ancestors.
On a planet where an ancient climate-change-based conversion of forest to grasslands did not occur as it did on Earth, a more direct descent of bipeds from brachiators may have been the favored route of development.
Long arms could also be due to an adaptation other than brachiation,  such as the usefulness of the ability to reach over long distances, in a particular environment. This could be a natural adaptation, or might even be the result of genetic engineering.

#27    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,785 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:20 AM

I think the "aliens with long arms" phenomena is due to some kind of deep seated fear humans have for other apes.

They say that your arm span should be as wide as you are tall, but by that measure my own arms are almost 3 inches longer then they should be. I'm about 5 foot 8 inches and my arm spread is about 6 foot 2 inches. Am I part alien, I wonder. Maybe I'm better suited to space? More hightly advanced??

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#28    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,560 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:08 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 11 April 2013 - 05:20 AM, said:

I think the "aliens with long arms" phenomena is due to some kind of deep seated fear humans have for other apes.

They say that your arm span should be as wide as you are tall, but by that measure my own arms are almost 3 inches longer then they should be. I'm about 5 foot 8 inches and my arm spread is about 6 foot 2 inches. Am I part alien, I wonder. Maybe I'm better suited to space? More hightly advanced??

Or, since 1977, when Close Encounters first come out, we see toward the end,  the aliens in the big mother-ship....there is one BIG alien with really long spindly arms...(and the typical grey appearance). no doubt this could influence some people too..

But I like to stick with anatomy being balanced, if you had extra long arms, you'd need extra big biceps/triceps and shoulders to work those arms, so they may not look so skinny in real life. Ha, if they existed in real life that is

#29    bison

bison

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:27 PM

Arms, even long ones, would not need to be especially muscular if they belonged to a being who lived on a world with  comparatively weak gravity.

#30    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,560 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:45 PM

View Postbison, on 11 April 2013 - 01:27 PM, said:

Arms, even long ones, would not need to be especially muscular if they belonged to a being who lived on a world with  comparatively weak gravity.

well thats tru I guess, but that will also make it quite hard to use same arms in our gravity tho wouldnt it?

Anyway a thought occurred, I dont know what country your in, but in the UK we have these odd spiders...(and always in my bathroom for some reason).. that have very very long skinny legs, and a little tiny body in the middle. Cellar spiders is the name

Posted Image

So yes I guess something can have extra long limbs without struggling to move too much.

Mind you cellar spiders dont move too quick either

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users