Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Dust or strange orb?

orb

  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1    skullx

skullx

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined:08 Apr 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Zealand

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:21 AM

I was going through some recent security camera footage when this caught my eye. The recording was triggered by motion detection, never recorded anything like it before and it never showed up again. It was a clear calm night, almost looks like it has a reflection in the window. Thought I would look on the internet for an answer/opinions?

I've uploaded the clip to Youtube at the following link as the file was to big to upload.


Thanks
Darcy
New Zealand

Edit: I now realise there are multiple topics on this phenomenon.

Edited by skullx, 08 April 2013 - 09:43 AM.


#2    Paradoxum

Paradoxum

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 111 posts
  • Joined:22 Feb 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:England

  • "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:35 AM

Could it be a moth? Interestingly, there seems to be a second one that comes from the left when the first moves away off camera to the right.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science." - A. Einstein


#3    diablo_04

diablo_04

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • Joined:19 Jun 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Skopje, Macedonia

  • I reject your reality and substitute my own

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:44 AM

I can see that its a security camera and its outside. The orb is fly flying around if you ask me, they are usually attracted to light at night.

Posted Image

I reject your reality and substitute my own

My site :D Workout tips


#4    skullx

skullx

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined:08 Apr 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Zealand

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:54 AM

Yes that is what I'm thinking too Murk, but usually insects like moths are quite distinguishable in the recordings if I've come across them. Thought it was strange either way.
Thanks for the comments.


#5    Paradoxum

Paradoxum

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 111 posts
  • Joined:22 Feb 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:England

  • "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:13 PM

Thanks for posting it :) and welcome to UM!

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science." - A. Einstein


#6    notforgotten

notforgotten

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  • Joined:05 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tustin, Ca. USA

  • One day I saw my doppelganger and someone in heaven revealed to me that I had been cloned by aliens.

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:13 PM

It looks like an orb to me. Pretty cool, you caught it on video.


#7    Midyin

Midyin

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • Joined:15 Apr 2013

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:35 PM

I hate orbs... 95% of orb photos/videos are Dust. the other 5% are just energy. A common misses conception is "Orb = Ghost" this is not the case. Orbs just = Energy. That's it...

Now it's believed that ghost use energy in the atmosphere to make themselves visible and do other ghost stuff that we contribute to a haunting, so the presence of orbs is a good sign that a Ghost MAY be around in the same way that the presence of food is a good sign that a animal MAY live some place, but mice doesn't always = Cats and orbs doesn't always = Ghost...


#8    ColoradoParanormal

ColoradoParanormal

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts
  • Joined:03 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Colorado

  • 'Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.'

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:51 PM

Orbs cannot be submitted as 'Evidence' of paranormal activity for a myriad of reasons, but the biggest being just about anything creates an orb, dust, water, snow, any type of particulate in the air and especially bugs. Mosquitoes cause amazing looking orbs, yet they are indeed, bugs. The thing about being an actual scientific investigator of anything, whether it be Paranormal or another area of study, there is a set of rules that one must follow in order to have their findings submitted as fact. One of these is being able to replicate and test your hypothesis in a completely controlled environment. One cannot achieve this when it comes to orbs without setting up a completely airlocked system, where no dust, particulates, bugs etc could possibly be present.

I could go on and on, as I have many times in the past, but the bottom line is, whether you believe in "orbs" or not as being paranormal, when thinking of yourself as an "investigator of the paranormal," you must dismiss Orbs as evidence for the above mentioned reason (among many more). If you don't, then you are simply hindering the field, and also your own credibility as an "investigator" because the scientific community truly will not accept it.

I'm just speaking from the view of investigators that truly want to get to the bottom of what could be happening and are wanting mainstream science to hop on board. Until the Paranormal Community starts realizing that there is a Scientific Standard of Operations Procedure that must be adhered to when doing these types of studies, they will remain a laughing stock and a joke, and furthermore, will bring the Paranormal Community even further down in to a non-credible study.


#9    CakeOrDeath

CakeOrDeath

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Joined:17 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • The Proof is in the "peeas nuhhh burder"

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:15 PM

Colorado ....you should have a "ghost hunting" show, it would have to be on NGC or something with a patient audience hehe, but I would watch!

What time is it? "peeas nuh burder" and Jelly time!

#10    scowl

scowl

    Government Agent

  • Closed
  • 4,111 posts
  • Joined:17 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

View PostMidyin, on 22 April 2013 - 03:35 PM, said:

I hate orbs... 95% of orb photos/videos are Dust. the other 5% are just energy. A common misses conception is "Orb = Ghost" this is not the case. Orbs just = Energy. That's it...


What kind of energy? And how has it been measured?


#11    FlyingAngel

FlyingAngel

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts
  • Joined:29 Jul 2009
  • Gender:Male

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:16 PM

The orb at the right side has a strange trajectory. So if rule out dust, what's left is either insect or something...


#12    skullx

skullx

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined:08 Apr 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Zealand

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:48 PM

Thank you for all the feedback and opinions.


#13    Hazzard

Hazzard

    Stellar Black Hole

  • Member
  • 11,762 posts
  • Joined:25 Aug 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Inside Voyager 1.

  • Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:52 PM

Jesus H Christ, people!!

There is nothing paranormal about so called orbs. Orbs (like Rods) are photographic artifacts – specifically bits of airborne dust, water droplets, snow, insects etc, caught in the flash of a camera. With the introduction of the digital flash camera they are so common that most Ghost hunters have lost interest in them.  They know what they are.


Some causes of photographic artifacts are listed below, none of them paranormal.
  • Dust on the lens.
  • Dirt in the camera.
  • Internal reflections in the lens structure, also known as "lens flare".
  • Deliberate multiple exposures.
  • Objects very close to lens.
  • Poor quality digital cameras.
  • Poor quality optics.
  • Deliberate digital editing of photographs.
  • Flash reflections from shiny objects in the room.
  • Contamination during processing of conventional film.
  • Contamination during printing of conventional prints.
  • Scanner anomalies.
  • Dust on the scanner glass.
  • Bad or outdated film.
Example images here - http://en.wikipedia....ki/Orb_(optics)


Orbs Explained http://pyrrho.s5.com/orbs.html

Edited by Hazzard, 25 April 2013 - 12:56 PM.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#14    Kahn

Kahn

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Joined:29 Apr 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Abingdon, MD

  • Ignorance is no substitute for intelligence.

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:34 PM

The only way this would be paranormal is if grandma was reincarnated as an insect.
Posted Image


#15    coldethyl

coldethyl

    ~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

  • Member
  • 16,381 posts
  • Joined:22 Mar 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:~*★*~In the Breeze~*★*~

  • ~*★*~Engine of destruction~*★*~

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:48 AM

Posted Image






Also tagged with orb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users