Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Revoke Obamas Peace Prize

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 12,997 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:23 PM

I posted this under the "other world news" section because it concerns the world not just the USA or the nobel committee.

From the artice:

The Nobel Peace Prize that President Obama received 40 months ago has emerged as the most appalling Orwellian award of this century. No, war is not peace. George Carlin used to riff about oxymorons like “jumbo shrimp,” “genuine imitation,” “political science” and “military intelligence.” But humor is of the gallows sort when we consider the absurdity and tragedy of the world’s most important peace prize honoring the world’s top war maker.

This week, a challenge has begun with the launch of a petition urging the Norwegian Nobel Committee to revoke Obama’s Peace Prize. By midnight of the first day, nearly 10,000 people had signed. The online petition simply tells the Nobel committee: “I urge you to rescind the Nobel Peace Prize that was awarded to Barack Obama.”

Click the link in the txt above to sign the petition.  Beyond what I've pasted here are comments of some of the many signees.

http://www.globalres...e-prize/5329659

#2    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:36 PM

View PostOverSword, on 08 April 2013 - 05:23 PM, said:

I posted this under the "other world news" section because it concerns the world not just the USA or the nobel committee.

From the artice:

The Nobel Peace Prize that President Obama received 40 months ago has emerged as the most appalling Orwellian award of this century. No, war is not peace. George Carlin used to riff about oxymorons like “jumbo shrimp,” “genuine imitation,” “political science” and “military intelligence.” But humor is of the gallows sort when we consider the absurdity and tragedy of the world’s most important peace prize honoring the world’s top war maker.

This week, a challenge has begun with the launch of a petition urging the Norwegian Nobel Committee to revoke Obama’s Peace Prize. By midnight of the first day, nearly 10,000 people had signed. The online petition simply tells the Nobel committee: “I urge you to rescind the Nobel Peace Prize that was awarded to Barack Obama.”

Click the link in the txt above to sign the petition.  Beyond what I've pasted here are comments of some of the many signees.

http://www.globalres...e-prize/5329659

Along with the one that was awarded to the EEC I might add.

Edited by shaddow134, 08 April 2013 - 05:36 PM.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#3    sear

sear

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

• "A prudent question is one half of wisdom." William James

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:45 PM

"Barack Obama is the only Nobel Peace Prize recipient to have a hit list."

[a comment on the U.S. overseas predator drone program, substantially escalated since the Bush administration.
President Obama is reported to personally approva all drone kills, before they take place.]

#4    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,847 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:46 PM

They gave one to Yasser Arafat, for God's sake, and Al Gore of all people.  The Peace Prize has been an leftist absurdity for decades and I expect it will get worse as time goes on.

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#5    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,165 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:57 PM

It does not mean anything, i can think of other worse people who have peace prizes.

#6    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,165 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:00 PM

Also "U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta announced on September 21, 2012 that the 33,000 additional U.S. troops that President Barack Obama had sent to Afghanistan in 2010 to counter the Taliban attacks have left the country.[85][86][87][88] A phased withdrawal plan was developed where 10,000 troops would leave Afghanistan by July 2011 and the remaining 23,000 would leave Afghanistan by the end of September 2012. The removal of the 23,000 U.S. troops began in July 2012.[4] In a statement announcing an end to the surge Panetta stated:

"As we reflect on this moment, it is an opportunity to recognize that the surge accomplished its objectives of reversing Taliban momentum on the battlefield, and dramatically increased the size and capability of the Afghan National Security Forces (ANSF). This growth has allowed us and our ISAF Coalition partners to begin the process of transition to Afghan security lead, which will soon extend across every province and more than 75 percent of the Afghan population. At the same time, we have struck enormous blows against al Qaeda’s leadership, consistent with our core goal of disrupting, dismantling and defeating al Qaeda and denying it a safe-haven."[4]

Once the United States and its allies agreed on the timing for the shift in the Afghanistan mission — under which American troops would step away from the lead combat role to a supporting mission focused primarily on counterterrorism and training Afghan security forces (according to the 2012 NATO Chicago Summit this shift is planned for the middle of 2013 (see section above)) — the Obama administration must decide exactly when the remaining 68,000 troops will come home according to the New York Times.[89] In September 2012 the United States withdrew then the last of the 33,000 “surge” forces from Afghanistan that President Obama ordered in West Point 2009 to try to bring the Afghanistan war under control. With the reduction over the next two years of the remaining 68,000 American troops, the top American and NATO commander in Afghanistan would lead a force that is to operate from fewer bases and will train Afghan forces to take the lead in combat.[5]"

#7    Jeffertonturner

Jeffertonturner

Hero Squad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

• I may not be the smartest, or the best looking, or the most successful but...what was I saying? I'm depressed.

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:06 PM

This I agree with. He has done nothing worthy of an award.

~Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while -and do whatever you want all the time -you can miss it.~

#8    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,847 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:13 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 08 April 2013 - 05:57 PM, said:

It does not mean anything, i can think of other worse people who have peace prizes.

Not worse people but more undeserving.  I names one that is as undeserving, Al Gore and a truly eveil guy, Yasser Arafat.  What names do you have?

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#9    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 6,703 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

Can a Nobel Peace Prize, once awarded by committee, be rescinded? Has it eveer been done? I don't know.

But, I too found it rather shocking that he was awarded, even though I actually have little against him.

Not being a big follower of politics, I don't even know under what specific grounds he was awarded.

#10    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,165 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:20 PM

View PostMerc14, on 08 April 2013 - 06:13 PM, said:

Not worse people but more undeserving.  I names one that is as undeserving, Al Gore and a truly eveil guy, Yasser Arafat.  What names do you have?
European Union LOL

View Postpallidin, on 08 April 2013 - 06:18 PM, said:

Can a Nobel Peace Prize, once awarded by committee, be rescinded? Has it eveer been done? I don't know.

But, I too found it rather shocking that he was awarded, even though I actually have little against him.

Not being a big follower of politics, I don't even know under what specific grounds he was awarded.
It would have to be something like the Hague to revoke something like that

#11    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,392 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:25 PM

Here is a list of all the Nobel Peace Prize winners since it started.  Seems like they are getting less picky all the time to whom they give it to.

All Nobel Peace Prizes

#12    sear

sear

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

• "A prudent question is one half of wisdom." William James

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:26 PM

Let's be candid here.

The nascent President Obama was given his Nobel Peace Prize for being not President Bush (younger).

The award was rather more a finger in Bush's eye than a pat on Obama's back.

The Nobel Committee can probably do anything it wishes, including rescind.
But to do so would undermine its own authority; so would be unlikely to, without overpowering reason; mass-child-molestation for example.

#13    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,799 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:55 PM

I see that thug Mandela's on the list. What did he get his award for - getting rid of old car tyres?

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#14    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:55 PM

Holy mother of monkey's milk!! There are already 17,953 signatures on the petition!

I think they should take the Nobel Prize from Obama and give it to Willie Nelson....

#15    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,799 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:17 PM

View PostKowalski, on 08 April 2013 - 06:55 PM, said:

Holy mother of monkey's milk!! There are already 17,953 signatures on the petition!

I think they should take the Nobel Prize from Obama and give it to Willie Nelson....

....or Bob Dylan

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users