Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Revoke Obamas Peace Prize

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#16    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:21 PM

View PostMerc14, on 08 April 2013 - 05:46 PM, said:

They gave one to Yasser Arafat, for God's sake, and Al Gore of all people.  The Peace Prize has been an leftist absurdity for decades and I expect it will get worse as time goes on.

Did you hear about Irena Sendlerowa, who was a runner up to Al Gore?!

This is what she did: http://en.wikipedia....i/Irena_Sendler

It's disgrace to humanity that Al Gore got the Nobel Peace price instead of her.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#17    sear

sear

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

• "A prudent question is one half of wisdom." William James

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

"thug Mandela's" ew
Mandela is an inspirational figure.
He's surely less a thug than the barbarians that imprisoned him.

And for him to have endured roughly a quarter century of demeaning imprisonment, and then arise from that, spirit unbroken, to become the nation's leader,
and to preside without vengeance; it's absolutely inspirational.

"thug Mandela's" ew
ignorance

#18    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:32 PM

View PostCoffey, on 08 April 2013 - 07:21 PM, said:

It's disgrace to humanity that Al Gore got the Nobel Peace price instead of her.

Wow! Irena was an AMAZING person!

Irena Sendler (née Krzyżanowska, also referred to as Irena Sendlerowa in Poland, Nom de guerre Jolanta; 15 February 1910 – 12 May 2008)[1] was a Polish Roman Catholic nurse/social worker who served in the Polish Underground during World War II, and as head of children's section of Żegota,[2][3] an underground resistance organization in German-occupied Warsaw. Assisted by some two dozen other Żegota members, Sendler smuggled some 2,500 Jewish children out of the Warsaw Ghetto and then provided them with false identity documents and with housing outside the Ghetto, saving those children during the Holocaust.[4]
The Nazis eventually discovered her activities, tortured her, and sentenced her to death, but she managed to evade execution and survive the war. In 1965, Sendler was recognized by the State of Israel as a Righteous among the Nations. Late in life she was awarded Poland's highest honor for her wartime humanitarian efforts. She appears on a silver 2009 Polish commemorative coin honoring some of the Polish Righteous among the Nations.

And she's Polish!! :tsu:

#19    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,620 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:37 PM

View Postpallidin, on 08 April 2013 - 06:18 PM, said:

Can a Nobel Peace Prize, once awarded by committee, be rescinded? Has it eveer been done? I don't know.

But, I too found it rather shocking that he was awarded, even though I actually have little against him.

Not being a big follower of politics, I don't even know under what specific grounds he was awarded.
It was in the days of wine and roses.  The whole darned world was going gaga over this guy.  It was actually a little spooky to me.  But everyone (except his base) soon got the message of what Mr Obama is about.  I have wondered alternately if the man is just inept or if he is sinister.  I'm no economist but it seems to me he is TRYING to crash our economy and the economy of the world... with unbridled spending of fiat currency.  I doubt the committee would ever admit a mistake and rescind an award but if ever a candidate existed - this is the one.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#20    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:38 PM

Anyone seen this before:

Erm.........What?

View PostKowalski, on 08 April 2013 - 07:32 PM, said:

Wow! Irena was an AMAZING person!

And she's Polish!! :tsu:

Definitely, she should have been awarded with something for it, like hmmm let me think... A Noble peace prize? lol

Everyone should strive to be as great as her though. :tu:

View Postand then, on 08 April 2013 - 07:37 PM, said:

It was in the days of wine and roses.  The whole darned world was going gaga over this guy.  It was actually a little spooky to me.  But everyone (except his base) soon got the message of what Mr Obama is about.  I have wondered alternately if the man is just inept or if he is sinister.  I'm no economist but it seems to me he is TRYING to crash our economy and the economy of the world... with unbridled spending of fiat currency.  I doubt the committee would ever admit a mistake and rescind an award but if ever a candidate existed - this is the one.

He's just a front man in my opinion, they wanted a black guy as well to make him seem less harmless. Like the first black president thing. Such a shame the first black president wasn't someone with more moral fiber.

Edited by Coffey, 08 April 2013 - 07:41 PM.

#21    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 12,989 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:38 PM

View PostCoffey, on 08 April 2013 - 07:21 PM, said:

I believe I saw a movie about her years ago.  Very brave lady!

This all sttles it for me.  The nobel prize for peace is nothing but a meaningless joke more about furthering agendas than actual peace or courage.

#22    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:42 PM

View PostOverSword, on 08 April 2013 - 07:38 PM, said:

I believe I saw a movie about her years ago.  Very brave lady!

This all sttles it for me.  The nobel prize for peace is nothing but a meaningless joke more about furthering agendas than actual peace or courage.

A movie?! OH I didn't know there was one. I'll have to look for it.

I agree, it was what settled it for me as well.

#23    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

a paid-up member of the “tin foil hat brigade”

• 24,410 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:07 PM

View Postpallidin, on 08 April 2013 - 06:18 PM, said:

Can a Nobel Peace Prize, once awarded by committee, be rescinded? Has it eveer been done? I don't know.

But, I too found it rather shocking that he was awarded, even though I actually have little against him.

Not being a big follower of politics, I don't even know under what specific grounds he was awarded.
For not being George W. Bush.
Gordon brown was gutted, I can tell you, at not being given one for not being Tony Blair.

Edited by Colonel Rhuairidh, 08 April 2013 - 08:07 PM.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#24    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwķt éoredmęcg

• 4,799 posts

• Hige sceal že heardra, heorte že cenre, mod sceal že mare, že ure męgen lytlaš.

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:15 PM

In 1961, Mandela was the founder of Umkhonto we Siswe (”Spear of the People”), ANC’s terrorist arm, and never during all the time he was in prison did he condemn that organization’s acts of indiscriminate terrorism against civilians.

Mandela and the ANC learned from Yasir Arafat how to ‘discipline’ collaborators and make sure people toed the party line.

These included ‘necklacing’(putting a gasoline soaked tire over the victims head to bind their arms and setting it on fire, burning families in their homes in Soweto, operating what amounted to a protection racket among black South African businessmen and torturing dissidents at ANC gulags in Angola, something even Mandela has admitted occurred,although he’s never apologized or regretted it.

Mandela was also responsible for signing off on the Church Street bombing in Pretoria 1983,which killed 19 and wounded more than 200, mostly families in a busy shopping street at rush hour. The commander of that operation was Abu Bakr Ismail, a PLO terrorist.

The problem is that Mandela achieved next to nothing in his relatively short political career which saw South Africa
rapidly decline to the status of the world's most violent and crime-ridden country. To add to the confusion, is the
fact that his greatest friends were communists and Muslim dictators like Fidel Castro, Moammar Qaddafi, Yasser Arafat
and Saddam Hussein. His ex-wife Winnie Mandela, whom he quickly jettisoned when it became clear she was a
considerable embarrassment to his political career, was a self-confessed advocate of terrorism and violence, and has even
committed murder. In his public statements and speeches Mandela was always critical of the democratic countries of the west, but had nothing but praise for the remaining communist and Muslim dictatorships of the world. He condemned mistakes and controversial policies of the west, but refused to publicly condemn the genocides and brutal repression of current or former communist countries; he was supposedly a “champion of freedom and democracy”, the “hero of oppressed people everywhere” but considered
dictatorships like Cuba and Libya shining beacons of freedom and justice..

View Postsear, on 08 April 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

Mandela is an inspirational figure.
He's surely less a thug than the barbarians that imprisoned him.

And for him to have endured roughly a quarter century of demeaning imprisonment, and then arise from that, spirit unbroken, to become the nation's leader,
and to preside without vengeance; it's absolutely inspirational.

Gullibility

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#25    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwķt éoredmęcg

• 4,799 posts

• Hige sceal že heardra, heorte že cenre, mod sceal že mare, že ure męgen lytlaš.

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:19 PM

View PostCoffey, on 08 April 2013 - 07:38 PM, said:

He's just a front man in my opinion, they wanted a black guy as well to make him seem less harmless. Like the first black president thing. Such a shame the first black president wasn't someone with more moral fiber.

Obama isn't 'black' - he's mixed-race! How convenient it is for the trendies to airbrush out his white half like it's something to be ashamed of! (Mind you I'm beginning to believe that these days, it is!)

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#26    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:20 PM

View PostCoffey, on 08 April 2013 - 07:38 PM, said:

Anyone seen this before:

This is one of our main problems with our political system at the moment!Instead of voting for and demanding the most qualified person for whatever office that could get their job done and get America as a whole to first in many categories,we instead have our focus on putting the first black,female,openly gay people in office for some feel good story of change!Doesnt matter what they know or are qualified to do as long as they look or act different than the founding fathers.Race,gender,or sexual preference of a leader will not lead us to greatness,only great ideas can do this  ;)

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#27    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:26 PM

View Postealdwita, on 08 April 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

Obama isn't 'black' - he's mixed-race! How convenient it is for the trendies to airbrush out his white half like it's something to be ashamed of! (Mind you I'm beginning to believe that these days, it is!)

View PostCrimsonKing, on 08 April 2013 - 08:20 PM, said:

This is one of our main problems with our political system at the moment!Instead of voting for and demanding the most qualified person for whatever office that could get their job done and get America as a whole to first in many categories,we instead have our focus on putting the first black,female,openly gay people in office for some feel good story of change!Doesnt matter what they know or are qualified to do as long as they look or act different than the founding fathers.Race,gender,or sexual preference of a leader will not lead us to greatness,only great ideas can do this  ;)

Did you see what Samuel L Jackson said?! He said he voted for Obama purely because he is Black..... Not for his policies etc... I can't help but think a lot of people did the same.

It was all a sham anyway, Obama was elected by the media and those in true power long before the elections. Well alongside Romney, so people think they actually where voting. lol They where both financially backed by the same people, posted links the other day proving it...

#28    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:32 PM

View PostCoffey, on 08 April 2013 - 08:26 PM, said:

Did you see what Samuel L Jackson said?! He said he voted for Obama purely because he is Black..... Not for his policies etc... I can't help but think a lot of people did the same.

It was all a sham anyway, Obama was elected by the media and those in true power long before the elections. Well alongside Romney, so people think they actually where voting. lol They where both financially backed by the same people, posted links the other day proving it...

Oh i agree 100% the ability to vote a leader in office was stolen long ago,we just keep the illusion up to divide and conquer the people  :td:

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#29    sear

sear

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

• "A prudent question is one half of wisdom." William James

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:34 PM

Mandela, Nelson Rolihlahla (1918- ), South African activist and statesman, who was elected the first black president of South Africa in 1994. He was born in Umtata. In 1944 Mandela joined the African National Congress (ANC), a civil rights group promoting the interests of black Africans. In 1962 he was sentenced to five years in prison; in 1964 he was further sentenced to life imprisonment for sabotage and treason. Mandela soon became a worldwide symbol of resistance to apartheid, South Africa's policy of rigid racial segregation.
Mandela was released in 1990. He then assumed leadership of the ANC and led negotiations with the government for a new constitution that would end apartheid. Mandela and South African president F. W. de Klerk shared the 1993 Nobel Peace Prize for their efforts in establishing democracy and racial harmony in South Africa. In 1994, after the country's first multiracial elections, Mandela became president of South Africa.

Encarta® 98 Desk Encyclopedia © &  1996-97 Microsoft Corporation.
All rights reserved.
Hmmm
Nope.
The word terrorist isn't in there.

#30    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:38 PM

Ppsssttt,revoke his presidency ...la la la

Miss me?