Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

What is the worst thing you can do to a man?

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#46    The Id3al Experience

The Id3al Experience

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

• Before enlightenment peel the potatoes, after enlightenment, peel the potatoes.

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:11 AM

View Postlostpuppy211, on 10 April 2013 - 02:00 PM, said:

The death of my 17 year old son is the most pain i have ever experienced. Nothing else in life even compares.

A Parent should NEVER have to bury there offspring, its not right.

Hearts is with you :)

Posted Image

#47    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:18 AM

View Postealdwita, on 10 April 2013 - 06:35 PM, said:

....and then berating him for being a loser. It happens all the time.

Some conservative celebrities and pundits do this. This is coming from someone who has many conservative views. I call them like I see them. It's wrong to kick people when they're down through no fault of their own.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#48    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• 1,342 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:22 AM

Yes another Bruce Lee quote,sorry one of my favorite philosophers  :tu:

"Our sense of power is more vivid when we break a man's spirit than when we win his heart,for we can win a man's heart one day and lose it the next.But when we break a proud spirit,we achieve something that is final and absolute" Bruce Lee

Just from a fighters perspective i have seen the second part in action,it is amazing when your in the middle rounds of a close fight,only one can leave with a win.All the training,all the focus,everything you revolved your whole world around for 3 months and everything hangs in the balance....Then your opponent gives you their best shots...nothing!Starts trying to distract you and get you off your game plan,you make them pay for it....It is an amazing moment in a weird sort of way,but you can look into someones eyes and tell,you have broken them.You have taken away 3 months of their life and then you finish it!

No disrespect to the others on here who have listed losing loved ones my condolences,we have all been in that place before.

Just figured i would give a different example,i have had a few losses myself,and i am a very competitive person.A loss can either ruin you or make you come back twice as hard,after eating away at you for months till your next fight.

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#49    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,380 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:47 AM

Steal his pride.(He's just bought a new car and is very proud of it, then you say what a load of Jap crap). you will never be forgiven.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#50    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• 1,342 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:58 AM

View Postspud the mackem, on 11 April 2013 - 07:47 AM, said:

Steal his pride.(He's just bought a new car and is very proud of it, then you say what a load of Jap crap). you will never be forgiven.

:lol:

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#51    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,051 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:21 AM

I don't know that you really can steal a man's pride.  I know individuals who served in the South Vietnamese Army only because they were born in the South, suffered the defeat, spent many years in re-education camps where they were constantly berated and criticized, not allowed any civil rights, condemned to grueling poverty for the rest of their lives, and are proud of their history.

I know others who were proud heroes of the American war, given medals and pensions and homes taken from the losers, and even sometimes party memberships, who nevertheless were incompetent in business or became gamblers or alcoholics and lost it all and now are no better off than the losers in the war, but still also are proud of their history.

We have, I think, built-in abilities to deal with setbacks and humiliations, and we all have a certain knowledge of our personal worth.  It is the person who lacks this ability from the first, who never had it, who ends up destroying themselves.

#52    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• 1,342 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:31 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 11 April 2013 - 08:21 AM, said:

I don't know that you really can steal a man's pride.  I know individuals who served in the South Vietnamese Army only because they were born in the South, suffered the defeat, spent many years in re-education camps where they were constantly berated and criticized, not allowed any civil rights, condemned to grueling poverty for the rest of their lives, and are proud of their history.

I know others who were proud heroes of the American war, given medals and pensions and homes taken from the losers, and even sometimes party memberships, who nevertheless were incompetent in business or became gamblers or alcoholics and lost it all and now are no better off than the losers in the war, but still also are proud of their history.

We have, I think, built-in abilities to deal with setbacks and humiliations, and we all have a certain knowledge of our personal worth.  It is the person who lacks this ability from the first, who never had it, who ends up destroying themselves.

Agreed frank its all in the way one can adapt and overcome!

Take every dime a billionaire has,take away a beautiful womans looks,take away ones ability to see....Its all inside of one on how they will react.Some will overcome and persevere the other half will let everything go....

#53    justcalmebubba

justcalmebubba

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 229 posts

• there are many things that bump along in the nite but there are sum of us that bump back

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:51 AM

? pain can be dealt with bith physical and mentail sum just handle the stress of it better then others do
far as the other just being hatefull yeah there could be a lot of reasons by expample  to this  all rmoationaly fkerd  just the same  but i would think  it would matter more depending
who's giveing it out and who's recivieing more on a personal level  becouse unless the 3rd party has had lived  the same experence it wouldnt matter  how many times  any one can explane it  the 3rd party still will not fully understand  and life it self more of and experince we truely never understand untill we'r dead and gone   just me :passifier:

#54    onereaderone

onereaderone

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

• interfacing transdimentional inverse mobius feed back loop

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:24 PM

The death of my 17 year old son is the most pain i have ever experienced. Nothing else in life even compares.

ouch...   thats  it....   this  is  the  hammer...  death  ,  pain  and  fear  all  wrapped  up  in   as  bad  as  bad gets....   death  of  a child .

#55    onereaderone

onereaderone

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

• interfacing transdimentional inverse mobius feed back loop

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:43 PM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 11 April 2013 - 05:22 AM, said:

Yes another Bruce Lee quote,sorry one of my favorite philosophers  :tu:

"Our sense of power is more vivid when we break a man's spirit than when we win his heart,for we can win a man's heart one day and lose it the next.But when we break a proud spirit,we achieve something that is final and absolute" Bruce Lee

Just from a fighters perspective i have seen the second part in action,it is amazing when your in the middle rounds of a close fight,only one can leave with a win.All the training,all the focus,everything you revolved your whole world around for 3 months and everything hangs in the balance....Then your opponent gives you their best shots...nothing!Starts trying to distract you and get you off your game plan,you make them pay for it....It is an amazing moment in a weird sort of way,but you can look into someones eyes and tell,you have broken them.You have taken away 3 months of their life and then you finish it!

No disrespect to the others on here who have listed losing loved ones my condolences,we have all been in that place before.

Just figured i would give a different example,i have had a few losses myself,and i am a very competitive person.A loss can either ruin you or make you come back twice as hard,after eating away at you for months till your next fight.

never  kick a king ...  kill  him  or  leave  him be ,  
you gain  nothing  when  you beat  a person  down , but  a  fence around  your  home .
the  slave  today  , is  the  soldier  across  the  feild  tomarrow .
never  leave an enemy  alive ,  you harden  them and teach  them  what  does  not  work against  you (that  they may teach others how  it  may be done  before  comming  for you ) .

men  fight  to  resolve ,  then  drink  and become  friends .  women  fight  to  the  death ,  and  understand  war ...  which  is  why  they  struggle  so greatly  against  it
no  nation  can  make  war  that  their  women folk  do  not  want .

if  i  was  not  perfectly clear ...

only a fool  brakes  a mans spirit...  and does  not kill him soon after .
also ,  it seems  i  need  to  advise  you...  do  not  look  into the barrel of a gun...  and pull  the trigger... to see  if  it  is  loaded .
(  it  appears what  is  simple and  clear   to most  ,  is  not simple  and clear  to all . )

Edited by onereaderone, 11 April 2013 - 12:52 PM.

#56    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• 1,342 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:55 PM

View Postonereaderone, on 11 April 2013 - 12:43 PM, said:

never  kick a king ...  kill  him  or  leave  him be ,  
you gain  nothing  when  you beat  a person  down , but  a  fence around  your  home .
the  slave  today  , is  the  soldier  across  the  feild  tomarrow .
never  leave an enemy  alive ,  you harden  them and teach  them  what  does  not  work against  you (that  they may teach others how  it  may be done  before  comming  for you ) .

men  fight  to  resolve ,  then  drink  and become  friends .  women  fight  to  the  death ,  and  understand  war ...  which  is  why  they  struggle  so greatly  against  it
no  nation  can  make  war  that  their  women folk  do  not  want .

if  i  was  not  perfectly clear ...

only a fool  brakes  a mans spirit...  and does  not kill him soon after .
also ,  it seems  i  need  to  advise  you...  do  not  look  into the barrel of a gun...  and pull  the trigger... to see  if  it  is  loaded .
(  it  appears what  is  simple and  clear   to most  ,  is  not simple  and clear  to all . )

Please spare me your ill informed knowledge about what i was talking about lmao wow!!!That flew way over your head haha!

I am talking about MMA and boxing here little buddy,you break someone down then get the win,if you kill them soon after that is called murder there Einstein.

You are correct what is simple and clear to most,is not something everyone should read and comment on if they do not understand what one has said  ;)

#57    s33ker

s33ker

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

• Believe anything until proven otherwise, otherwise believe nothing until proven.

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:57 PM

Capture him , take him from his country, and sell him to the highest bidder .
Enslavement .

#58    Jinxdom

Jinxdom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

• Education...has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
    -- G.M. Trevelyan

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:53 AM

Take what they cherish most. Use and abuse it then finally destroy it leaving no trace of it in existance.

I think taking away a person's mind is the absolute worst you can do somebody. Without the ability to think, everything else is quite pointless.

Drive him insane.

#59    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• 1,754 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:06 AM

Things like this make me lost for words. I'm sorry for your loss.

But thank you for being so open. It puts a lot in perspective.

Posted Image

#60    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,607 posts
  • Location:Currently entering that inner landscape connecting those throughout life

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:19 AM

View Postmanbearpigg, on 09 April 2013 - 11:35 AM, said:

its rather vague but:

What would cause the most physical pain, and mental anguish to a person?

We can all agree that both physical and mental pains are equally bad? (if not state your case)

Lets keep it as tasteful as possible?

Ignore them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users