Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

Earth and Jupiter connection

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#16    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 7,568 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

View PostMR.Blueprint, on 09 April 2013 - 04:53 PM, said:

Two full sized planets colliding would leave no marks - it would obliterate both of them! - They might reform millions of years later - but there would be no craters from that collision...

ok apply this to your original question

and "two full size planets" whatever that mean can collide without being obliterated

if a smaller planet hits a bigger planets they both will have chunks exploded off and then reform and may become partner moons/planets

collisions happen everyday in space b

It's not billiards... If two planets come close enough together to actually, physically hit, they will draw into each other by gravity, and because they would be on converging courses..This usually doesn't happen to asterooids or other vastly smaller objects, because their gravity is weak enough that it does not overcome their differing vectors and velocity...  Two planets (bodies with a mass of around 5x1024  - like the Earth for example) would pull each other in and they would actually 'course correct' toward each other...  A Mars sized planet (for example) would not just hit and bounce off of a Venus sized planet, and then both start orbiting each other.... If it was a 'grazing blow' then both would be essentially destroyed and they would form a large debris field that would then either reform a single planet or form an asteroid belt...

One prominent theory of our moons formation is that a Mars sized planet (called Theia by some) collided with a Venus sized planet ("Earth")... The resultant collision smashed both, and ejected a sizable chunk of the lighter surface material which formed a debris field around the two smashed planets.... The temperature of the planets rose to in excess of 7000 degrees and melted the two cores together, as well as fusing the material from both into the planet we have today... The debris field reformed as the moon...

#17    MR.Blueprint

MR.Blueprint

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

• "Nothing Stays The Same" -Thomas Blueprint

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

View PostTaun, on 09 April 2013 - 06:12 PM, said:

It's not billiards... If two planets come close enough together to actually, physically hit, they will draw into each other by gravity, and because they would be on converging courses..This usually doesn't happen to asterooids or other vastly smaller objects, because their gravity is weak enough that it does not overcome their differing vectors and velocity...  Two planets (bodies with a mass of around 5x1024  - like the Earth for example) would pull each other in and they would actually 'course correct' toward each other...  A Mars sized planet (for example) would not just hit and bounce off of a Venus sized planet, and then both start orbiting each other.... If it was a 'grazing blow' then both would be essentially destroyed and they would form a large debris field that would then either reform a single planet or form an asteroid belt...

One prominent theory of our moons formation is that a Mars sized planet (called Theia by some) collided with a Venus sized planet ("Earth")... The resultant collision smashed both, and ejected a sizable chunk of the lighter surface material which formed a debris field around the two smashed planets.... The temperature of the planets rose to in excess of 7000 degrees and melted the two cores together, as well as fusing the material from both into the planet we have today... The debris field reformed as the moon...

yes "theia" was also in the orbit of jupiter
and collided with earth on the way out of jupiter's gravitational pull

"Ignorance has no place in a debate" -Dr. Thomas Blueprint

#18    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 7,568 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:25 PM

View PostMR.Blueprint, on 09 April 2013 - 06:18 PM, said:

yes "theia" was also in the orbit of jupiter
and collided with earth on the way out of jupiter's gravitational pull

I'm starting to think you're just having fun with us now...

I'm out of here...

#19    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,123 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:58 PM

View PostTaun, on 09 April 2013 - 06:25 PM, said:

I'm starting to think you're just having fun with us now...

I'm out of here...

sensible choice, hes just one of those who likes to yank peoples cranks... like he did in the ET forums..

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#20    MR.Blueprint

MR.Blueprint

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

• "Nothing Stays The Same" -Thomas Blueprint

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:38 PM

View Postseeder, on 09 April 2013 - 06:58 PM, said:

sensible choice, hes just one of those who likes to yank peoples cranks... like he did in the ET forums..

u manage to follow me?

you must be orbiting me huh?

im bout to throw you into the star

"Ignorance has no place in a debate" -Dr. Thomas Blueprint

#21    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,123 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:49 PM

View PostMR.Blueprint, on 09 April 2013 - 08:38 PM, said:

u manage to follow me?

follow you? hell no, of all people. Unlike yourself I do visit and follow many threads...some just for the cringe and entertainment factor, like yours....I don't just obsess about moons/planets etc

Posted Image

Edited by seeder, 09 April 2013 - 08:51 PM.

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#22    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,486 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:42 PM

View PostMR.Blueprint, on 09 April 2013 - 08:38 PM, said:

u manage to follow me?

Im thinking that most people are visiting your threads because its simply FUN.... COMEDY GOLD really. I have showed friends parts of it.... they are laughing like crazy... some just shaking their heads.... blaming the US school system.

The educational value comes from the counter posts to your wacky ideas.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#23    Grey Area

Grey Area

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts

• If you have disagreed with what I have to say, that is great, it means you were listening!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:25 PM

I repeat what I posted on the ET forums:

I feel a little sorry for the OPer here.

There are a lot of assumptions in this thread, a lot of which assumes, and has been stated, that the formation of the solar system is well understood.  In actual fact it is not, the formation of planetary systems is very much still a big mystery.  This is why Astronomers pay a lot of attention to young systems in the hope they can gain a little understanding of how those systems are forming, and any models of how the Solar System formed are pure theory.

Clearly the OPer lacks some fundamental understanding here of how certain aspects of physics work, but no one here can argue 100% against their theory.  Why is it so inconcievable that a rocky body orbiting Jupiter wasnt knocked closer to the sun, perhaps in that journey this body fragmented further creating all the inner planets and forming the asteroid belt?

Dont get me wrong, I am not supporting the OP's statement, I do believe we have a good theoretical model of the formation of the Solar System, however I feel I need to speak out against some of the conceit I have witnessed in this thread.  Anyone who has a little understanding of Physics, particularly Relativity should know that pretty much anything is possible within these realms.

A note to the OPer:  Dont assume your theory is the correct one, it takes a truly intelligent person to happily accept their theory is incorrect, becuase every theory that is proven wrong takes us a step closer to knowing the truth.

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No
matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there
first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett.

#24    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:33 PM

I'm not quite sure why you have sympathy for the OP here; it is all just attention getting.

#25    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,123 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:41 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 10 April 2013 - 01:33 PM, said:

I'm not quite sure why you have sympathy for the OP here; it is all just attention getting.

:tu:    Precisely. Is it 3 or 4 threads he started where he cross posts the same questions? Then dismisses everyones inputs..

#26    dannyboy52

dannyboy52

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 130 posts

• You Can Fool Some People All Of The Time,And All Of The People Some Of The Time, But You Cant Fool All Of The People All Of The Time

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:10 PM

Please dont encourage him any more

#27    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 7,321 posts

• I know someday
    you'll have a beautiful life
    I know you'll be a sun
    In somebody else's sky
    But why can't it be mine? -Pearl Jam

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:01 PM

View PostDBunker, on 09 April 2013 - 09:42 PM, said:

Im thinking that most people are visiting your threads because its simply FUN.... COMEDY GOLD really. I have showed friends parts of it.... they are laughing like crazy... some just shaking their heads.... blaming the US school system.

The educational value comes from the counter posts to your wacky ideas.

Hey now, I happen to be a product of the US education system and you don't see me parading my ignorance in front of everyone. I have self respect and like to keep my ignorance well hidden, like most people. :D

'It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.' :tu:

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#28    Fat Cat

Fat Cat

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:47 PM

Isn't this just a continuation of that stupid Jupiter thread in the ET section? :td:

#29    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,762 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:49 PM

View Postphantasia, on 10 April 2013 - 06:47 PM, said:

Isn't this just a continuation of that stupid Jupiter thread in the ET section? :td:

More like a re-run.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#30    Scepticus

Scepticus

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 321 posts

• Some people are too tired to give you a smile. Give them one of yours, as none needs a smile so much as he who has no more to give

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:33 PM

Well thank you Taun for given a reply I could use. I agree that just because because Earth was created beyond Jupiter and pulled into the inner solar system by Jupiter, it wouldn't mean that Earth was orbiting Jupiter and therefor a moon of Jupiter. To the rest of the people who has replied in this thread. Are you serious? Instead of bashing Mr. Blueprint and taking the p*** out of him why don't you try to give an educated reply to his Theory that Earth was a moon of Jupiter. The only person who did that was Taun.

Is it because you can't or because you don't want to?

:D

Edited by Scepticus, 10 April 2013 - 07:36 PM.

The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users