Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Sirius


  • Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#46    mcrom901

mcrom901

    plasmoid ninja

  • Member
  • 5,685 posts
  • Joined:29 Jan 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:multiverse

  • space debris, decided to evolve and become us!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:58 AM

View Postlufia, on 23 April 2013 - 09:26 AM, said:

Found this on their website

Stanford University Research: Atacama Humanoid Still A Mystery
Steven M. Greer MD
22 April 2013

http://siriusdisclos...AL-COMPLETE.pdf


there is a link in there to the actual paper, which reads...


Over 560 million paired end sequence reads passed automated quality control filters and provided an estimate 19.6X coverage for the whole genome. Approximately 509million (~91%) reads were mapped to the human reference genome hg19 (providing a 17.7 fold coverage of the genome). The presence of ~9% “unmatched” DNA should not be interpreted to represent anything unusual about the specimen itself. Reasons for the lack of match can include artefacts generated during library preparation, low quality reads from the instrument, or insufficient data to allow computational alignment against the human reference standard. Further, since this sample is likely to be at the least a few decade olds, and possibly older, DNA degradation resulting in apparently “false” mutations can occur. For instance, degradation of cytosine © via deamination to uracil (U) would result in false interpretation of a C residue as thymidine (T) and a resulting guanine (G) misread as adenine (A) on the opposite strand.


Reconstruction of the mitochondrial DNA sequence and analysis shows an allele frequency consistent with a B2 haplotype group found on the west coast of South America, supporting the claimed origination of the specimen from the Atacama Desert region of Chile. Sequence analysis definitively rules out the specimen as an example of a New World primate.



Preliminary results demonstrate no statistically relevant alterations of genes encoding proteins commonly associated with known genes for primordial dwarfism or other forms of dwarfism. Therefore, if there is a genetic basis for the symptoms observed in the specimen the casual mutation(s) are not apparent at this level of resolution and at this stage of the analysis. As the current list of human disorders is far from complete and many human disorders are polygenic, there might remain to be found a combination of mutations working in concert that lead to the observed defect(s).

http://siriusdisclos...GPN-Summary.pdf

:rolleyes:


#47    mcrom901

mcrom901

    plasmoid ninja

  • Member
  • 5,685 posts
  • Joined:29 Jan 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:multiverse

  • space debris, decided to evolve and become us!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:00 PM

View PostTheSearcher, on 23 April 2013 - 11:50 AM, said:

And this surprised whom? I mean seriously, it's Greer after all.......

http://www.ufowatchd...teven_greer.htm


#48    mcrom901

mcrom901

    plasmoid ninja

  • Member
  • 5,685 posts
  • Joined:29 Jan 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:multiverse

  • space debris, decided to evolve and become us!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:21 PM




#49    seeder

seeder

    Nut Cracker

  • Member
  • 14,118 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK. There if you need me

  • Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:52 PM

View Postmcrom901, on 23 April 2013 - 01:21 PM, said:



good find but its also now been removed,just tried it. But if its made it to youtube it will be everywhere else for those who know how to look, and Im not talking about torrents, streaming vids only

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#50    S2F

S2F

    Bloodstained Hurricane

  • Member
  • 7,321 posts
  • Joined:22 May 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Right behind you!

  • I know someday
    you'll have a beautiful life
    I know you'll be a sun
    In somebody else's sky
    But why can't it be mine? -Pearl Jam

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:48 PM

View Postseeder, on 23 April 2013 - 04:52 PM, said:

good find but its also now been removed,just tried it. But if its made it to youtube it will be everywhere else for those who know how to look, and Im not talking about torrents, streaming vids only

To be honest I'm not even interested in watching it. I can already tell it will be full of half-truths, speculation and leading questions designed to leave the viewer with a specific mindset. I doubt you could find even a single crumb of objectivity throughout the entire documentary. No thanks.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave


#51    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

    Heatseeker

  • Member
  • 11,960 posts
  • Joined:19 Dec 2003
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Avengers Tower

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:57 PM

I'm not watching it.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#52    psyche101

psyche101

    The Customer.

  • Member
  • 38,300 posts
  • Joined:30 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oz

  • If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:30 PM

LINK - Sirius-ly

If at first you don't succeed, rinse and repeat.  Recycling tidbits from alleged UFOs and aliens is nothing new.  Remember the alleged piece of Roswell debris and how many times that was passed off as authentic?  How about Alien Autopsy and word from the producers that there was another film that hadn't been released?  In all, these and other wild claims have spawned a number of clones and rip offs.
It should come as no surprise then that the alleged alien being promoted in Steven Greer's upcoming film Sirius has a similar history.  The good folks at The Huffington Post, among others, have pointed out that this alleged alien body already made the rounds ten years ago.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#53    seeder

seeder

    Nut Cracker

  • Member
  • 14,118 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK. There if you need me

  • Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:17 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 23 April 2013 - 11:30 PM, said:

LINK - Sirius-ly

If at first you don't succeed, rinse and repeat.  Recycling tidbits from alleged UFOs and aliens is nothing new.  Remember the alleged piece of Roswell debris and how many times that was passed off as authentic?  How about Alien Autopsy and word from the producers that there was another film that hadn't been released?  In all, these and other wild claims have spawned a number of clones and rip offs.
It should come as no surprise then that the alleged alien being promoted in Steven Greer's upcoming film Sirius has a similar history.  The good folks at The Huffington Post, among others, have pointed out that this alleged alien body already made the rounds ten years ago.

:tu:   and is/was totally  terestial in origin from the get go, but every ten years is a new generation of internet mugs to be rinsed again




.




.

Edited by seeder, 24 April 2013 - 12:20 AM.

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#54    SwampgasBalloonBoy

SwampgasBalloonBoy

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Joined:02 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:1 Star State

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:28 AM

Inconclusive as to what? The only thing I want to know is, Is this humanoid even organic? Is it an actual organism? It does not made of inorganic material is it? I would greatly appreciate an answer to this.


#55    psyche101

psyche101

    The Customer.

  • Member
  • 38,300 posts
  • Joined:30 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oz

  • If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:31 AM

View PostSwampgasBalloonBoy, on 24 April 2013 - 12:28 AM, said:

Inconclusive as to what? The only thing I want to know is, Is this humanoid even organic? Is it an actual organism? It does not made of inorganic material is it? I would greatly appreciate an answer to this.

I cannot say I viewed the results myself, but this is from that link I left a few posts up.

Navia-Osorio had the remains examined by several experts, including a forensic medical specialist who concluded the remains were that of a human fetus.  But this information apparently did not refrain Greer from promoting supposed DNA evidence and making a sensationalized trailer for the Sirius film.

Edited by psyche101, 24 April 2013 - 12:31 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#56    SwampgasBalloonBoy

SwampgasBalloonBoy

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Joined:02 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:1 Star State

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:34 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 24 April 2013 - 12:31 AM, said:

I cannot say I viewed the results myself, but this is from that link I left a few posts up.

Navia-Osorio had the remains examined by several experts, including a forensic medical specialist who concluded the remains were that of a human fetus.  But this information apparently did not refrain Greer from promoting supposed DNA evidence and making a sensationalized trailer for the Sirius film.

So it is indeed organic? If this thing is organic, I really don't care where it's from, It's one freaky looking thing.


#57    seeder

seeder

    Nut Cracker

  • Member
  • 14,118 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK. There if you need me

  • Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:35 AM

View Postmcrom901, on 23 April 2013 - 11:58 AM, said:

Reconstruction of the mitochondrial DNA sequence and analysis shows an allele frequency consistent with a B2 haplotype group found on the west coast of South America, supporting the claimed origination of the specimen from the Atacama Desert region of Chile.
:rolleyes:

quote:  

Haplogroup B is found frequently in East Asia.[3] Its subgroup B2 is one of five haplogroups found in the indigenous peoples of the Americas, the others being A, C, D, and X.

"Since the migration to the Americas by the ancestors of Indigenous Americans is generally believed to have been from Siberia, it is especially surprising that Haplogroup B is the only haplogroup found in Indigenous Americans which is not found in modern North (it is found in 3% of the Siberian population- based on new research) Siberian populations.[4] However, Haplogroup B has been found among Southern Siberians, such as Tuvans, Altays, and Buryats. This haplogroup is also found among populations in China, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Madagascar, Malaysia, Melanesia, Micronesia, Mongolia, the Philippines, Polynesia, Taiwan, Tibet, and Vietnam.[5]


http://en.wikipedia....group_B_(mtDNA)

not alien



.

Edited by seeder, 24 April 2013 - 12:37 AM.

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#58    psyche101

psyche101

    The Customer.

  • Member
  • 38,300 posts
  • Joined:30 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oz

  • If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:18 AM

View PostSwampgasBalloonBoy, on 24 April 2013 - 12:34 AM, said:

So it is indeed organic? If this thing is organic, I really don't care where it's from, It's one freaky looking thing.

LOL, yes it is, it always reminds me of.......

Have you seen this episode of Futurama?

Posted Image

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#59    mcrom901

mcrom901

    plasmoid ninja

  • Member
  • 5,685 posts
  • Joined:29 Jan 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:multiverse

  • space debris, decided to evolve and become us!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:02 AM

View Postseeder, on 24 April 2013 - 12:35 AM, said:

quote:  

Haplogroup B is found frequently in East Asia.[3] Its subgroup B2 is one of five haplogroups found in the indigenous peoples of the Americas, the others being A, C, D, and X.

"Since the migration to the Americas by the ancestors of Indigenous Americans is generally believed to have been from Siberia, it is especially surprising that Haplogroup B is the only haplogroup found in Indigenous Americans which is not found in modern North (it is found in 3% of the Siberian population- based on new research) Siberian populations.[4] However, Haplogroup B has been found among Southern Siberians, such as Tuvans, Altays, and Buryats. This haplogroup is also found among populations in China, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Madagascar, Malaysia, Melanesia, Micronesia, Mongolia, the Philippines, Polynesia, Taiwan, Tibet, and Vietnam.[5]


http://en.wikipedia....group_B_(mtDNA)

not alien



:tu:

nolan's report clearly states that it's human....

Posted Image


yet greer still pushes the et bs.... :td:


#60    mcrom901

mcrom901

    plasmoid ninja

  • Member
  • 5,685 posts
  • Joined:29 Jan 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:multiverse

  • space debris, decided to evolve and become us!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:15 AM

View Postseeder, on 23 April 2013 - 04:52 PM, said:

good find but its also now been removed,just tried it. But if its made it to youtube it will be everywhere else for those who know how to look, and Im not talking about torrents, streaming vids only

check here... if you have a couple of hours to waste...

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/64655063" width="400" height="250" frameborder="0"></iframe>

fallacies all throughout... kinda funny





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users