Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

telepresents geek alert

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    onereaderone

onereaderone

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

• interfacing transdimentional inverse mobius feed back loop

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:30 PM

for  200 . oo  usd  you can buy  2  bike  tires ...  for  30.oo usd  you can  buy  36 inchs  of  10M fine  threaded  rod ...   add   two  stepper  motors ,  a  small  car  battery,  8 vmosfet's   and a cell phone  with a camar....   and  you have  telepresents ...

the  key  is  the  program  and  the  port address  to  the  8 I/O  bits   on  the  charger  port .

i suspect  that  the  app  will  be  harder  than  the  building  of  the  device ...  

the  10M fine  threaded  rod  is  the  same  as  the  bike  axil.    you  only  need  18  inch's  of  the  rod ,  with a  60 degree  bend  at  9  inch (  half  way ) so  that  the  top  of  the  tires  do  not  touch   , and  you have  a  wide  foot  print .  
i  welded  a  1/4 "  steel  rod   24"  long    and  taped  the  cell  phone  to  the  top .

your  smart...   you get  the  idea ...   you call  your  cell phone ,  and  send   memory address's  to  the  charging  port  ....   4  vmosfet's   for  the left  stepper  motor....  4 vmosfet's  to  the  right stepper  motor ....

ooo1

your smart..   you get  the  idea

5 buttons....  {   fwd/left ,  fwd/right ,  invert  , lock/brake , fast >slow speed }

press  invert   and   you have {  rev/right , rev/left  , invert , go straight , slow>fast speed  }

giggles  ....  if  you  think  it sux's  ...  you  try  and  write  your  own app ...

by  the  way...   the  basic  design  is   40  years  old...   so  do  not plan  on a patent  any time soon....

app's  can  be  copy write protected how ever .

#2    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,767 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:54 AM

Not sure what you are trying to say. Using an app to control a device using binary numbers stored in data registers?

#3    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:26 AM

View PostOrcseeker, on 10 April 2013 - 04:54 AM, said:

Not sure what you are trying to say. Using an app to control a device using binary numbers stored in data registers?

He's trying to take over the World.

#4    onereaderone

onereaderone

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:26 PM

lets  start again .

cell phones  have camara , speakers , microphones ...   and a mini usb port ...

the  mini usb  can  drive  two stepper  motors ...

if  the  two  stepper motors  are  tires ...   you  could  call  the  cell  phone ...  and  drive  the  cell  phone  around  like  a  remote  controlled  car...   useing  the  camara  to see  ,  the  speakers  to  talk   and   microphone  to hear .

i  do  not  want  to  re-invent the  world , i  just  want  to  use  what  the  world  has  made  in  a diffrent  way  than  it  was  intended .

i want  a cell  phone  to  become  a  remote  control device ...   for  telepresents .

let  me  get  a picture  of  the  device we  use  to  build  in  the  late 70's  and  early 80's...  and  then  things  will  be  more  clear .
we  used   bipolar  stepper motors  and  mechanical dpdt relays   and  motor cycle batterys   back  then .

but   i need  some  one  who  knows  how  to  write  data  to  a mini usb  port  on  a cell phone  ,  write  a  smart phone  app , and/ or  can  think  outside  the  box .

we  are  not  talking  about  building  a billion  dollar  company...  we  are  talking about  building  a nerd  bot  for  techno-geeks   who  are  smarter  than practical ... and  just  wanna  do a thing  because  it  can  be  done ...

Edited by onereaderone, 10 April 2013 - 08:36 PM.

#5    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,767 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:27 PM

Mini USB ports are just a means for data/energy transfer. You can't write data to mini USB ports. You write it to the components within the phone itself. As for the app are you going to use this app to perform these functions?

I assume the USB port is to connect to the actual wheels and such? Your main constraints is the phones power and Ubattery life.

#6    onereaderone

onereaderone

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:39 PM

View PostOrcseeker, on 10 April 2013 - 11:27 PM, said:

Mini USB ports are just a means for data/energy transfer. You can't write data to mini USB ports. You write it to the components within the phone itself. As for the app are you going to use this app to perform these functions?

I assume the USB port is to connect to the actual wheels and such? Your main constraints is the phones power and Ubattery life.

a  stepper  motor   is   either  a bipolar  or  unipolar ...   bipolar  is  designed  to  use  mechanical  relays...  and  uses  switching  polaritys  or  reversing  poles  ...   and  has  4  wires total

a  unipolar stepper  motor  is  designed  with  semi conductors  in  mind....  it  has  2  center  tapping  grounds  and  4  feild  winding  wires....
if  your  counting...  that  is  6  wires  total  on  a unipolar  stepper  motor... how  ever... you  can  send  both  the   center  tapping   ground  wires  to a common  ground...  and   switch  only  the  4  " signal  wires  to  the  drain  of  a  " V channel  metal  oxide siemi conducting  feild  effect transistor "   also  known  as a  VMOSFET ...  the  gate   will   turn  on  at  between   3 vdc  and  5 vdc  ...   the  left  over  wire  of  the  vmosfet   goes  to  the   +13.5 vdc  post  of  the  car  battery ....

the  mini  usb  operates  at  .7vdc to  1.4vdc  with  a data "0"   and   3.5vdc  to  7vdc  with  a data " 1"   but  as  the   name  says...  it  is  a serial  port...  not  a paralell  port ...  
...so...

the  programmer  can  not  be  a moron  and  not  understand  the  simplistic  stuff...   if  all  they  know  is  c/c++  ...  i  may have  to  hold  their  hand  and  give  them  the  most  basic feild  guide ...
more  than  likly...  the people  who  know  the  data  port address  and  how  to  get  a  programm  written  to  a  cell  phones  memory  will  have  more  than  a clue  what  the  problems  are .

this  is  not  a  learning  experiance ,  frankly speaking , if  some  one  can  write  an  app  that  this  needs...   we  should  be able  to  minimalize  it  to  a copy write  and  with a tiny  bit  of  luck...   make  money  for  them .

frankly   we  are  looking  at  4  programms

sender/cel-bot > site  to site
the  sender  will  call   the  cel-bot  ...   when  the  phone  at  the  cel-bot  rings..  the  ring tone  disables  the  negitive  wire  to  the  stepper  motors .
the  sender  gives  a 128  bite  code ...  which  includes  the  senders  phone  number encripted  in  the  code...
cel-bot  calls  the  sender  back  and give   the  inverse  hand  shake  128 bite code  to  the  sender...
because  no ring tone..  the  negitive  wire  to  the  stepper  motor  is  still  enabled .
the programm  app connects  the  cel-bot  camar, mic  and  speaker to  the   sender...
and  connects sender's  press of buttons to  the  cel-bot and drives  the   motors...
(  of  course , you will  have a  battery the  size  in your  car  that  will  power  the  stepper  motors...  the  cellphone  will  just  switch the  battery power  on  and off...  and  also  recharge  the  cellphone ...   kinda  like  being  plugged  into  the  cigarette lighter  )

sender to station to cel-bot
the  sender  logs  on to  a web site , gives  credit card  information , logs  in to a timed  page .
the  web site   gives  a 128  bite  code to  a cel-bot  in  a location  choice...  which  includes  the  web senders  phone  number encripted  in  the  code...
cel-bot  calls  the web  sender  back  and give   the  inverse  hand  shake  128 bite code  to  the web sender...
then connects  the  cel-bot  camar, mic  and  speaker to  the  web sender  which  then  connects  the  page....
which  then  connect  the  controll  of  the  cel-bot  to  the  operator

veiwer to  station
veiwer  logs  on to  station... and  watchs   the  data  comming   from  the  cel-bot..  with  out  access  to  the  control.

this  is  not  easy,  but  its  also  not  imposable .

the  mystery  is   in  three  parts.

why  has  this  not happened  yet?

please  p. m.  me  if  your intrested  and  feel  you have  the  skill  set  needed  to  write  a programm .

does  any  one  have  any suggestions .

in about  1  week  i  will  try  to post  a picture  of  the  device  i  am  currently building...   or  give  the   addy  where   the  picture  is....
i  have  no  intrest  in  starting  a business  or  being  the  company owner .
frankly  ,  i  am  a rather  mid skilled  engineer  and  work  in  team  better  than  as  the  lone ranger .

this  idea  can  not  be patented ,  but  there  are  quite  a few  ways  to  go into  business  with  it.
once  the   program  is  up...  service  and  vendor  operations   may  welll  make  a good  deal  of  money...

but  right  now ,  i  need  a programmer  with  c/c++  as  a good  starting  point...  and a  applications  engineer  w/ arduino  experiance  and  camara  compression and  transmission
as  a dream  angel  (  more  than  i  can  hope  for)...    i  would  very  much  like  to  turn  the  whole  thing  over  to a  company  or  venture  capitalist ,  and  just  be  a team  member.

Edited by onereaderone, 11 April 2013 - 02:09 PM.

#7    onereaderone

onereaderone

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:25 PM

i do  not  know  enought  about  a mini usb  port  to  talk  forcefully ...   but  i  do understand  "i/o"  ports enought  to  suggest  that  the  addressing  of  a memory out side  the  cell phone  case will  be  at least  8 bits  in  size ...

if  you  can access  a external  memory  device...  then  you  can run  2  stepper  motors .
the  suggestion  that  the  cell phone  does  not  have  the  battery  power  is  quite  obvious...

the  cell phone  provides  the  data/controll ....   a  wet cell battery /  car size  battery   is  the  power  sourse   for  the  stepper  motors ...   and  a side  benifit  the  wet cell  can  also  boost  the  cell phone  as  well (  i  am  not suggesting  routing all  the  device  power  of  a  wet cell  thru  the  cell  phone)

the  fact  is ,  we  are  building  a earth  following   improvise  drone .   with  camar ,  sound  and  voice .
with  a credit  card  reader   and  a voice  to  text  reader ....  and a  translation  program ...   you  can  phone  any  place  on  earth  and  see  for  your  self ...  drive  a remote  controlled  bot ...  and  see  for  your  self.  

and  may be  even  buy  silk  in  pakistan , brass   tea  pots  in  india    ,  and  shoes   in  london...   all   with  a  cel-bot  web  site   and  people  all  over  the  world  building  and  maintaning  them .

it  is  important  to  remember  ...  i  am  not  talking  about  this  happening  in  10  years ...  i  want  it  to  happen  in  the  next 2  months .

i  need  the  cell phone  app's  yesterday ...   and  frankly speaking... one  of  each  is  not  reasonable ....   the  more   people  writing  apps...    the  harder  it  will  be  to have  one script kiddy  attack  and  bring  down  the  whole idea .

ah well...    the  current  design  sux's ...   i  have  stepper  motors  on  the  way  and  i  will  plug  a  arduino  between  the  mini  usb  and  the  vmosfet's  ...   i  am  useing  a  remote  controll  helicoter  controller ,  and  a  phone for  vision  at  the  moment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users