Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Top admiral: US can intercept a North Korean

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#31    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,887 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

I personally doubt there'd be any true occupation. I feel like NK would be much more difficult and costly to occupy and, as a result, the US would avoid it completely

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#32    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:27 PM

View PostStellar, on 10 April 2013 - 03:06 PM, said:

I've seen a number of videos of him or that woman in the past few weeks. Theyve usually been embedded in news clips on certain news sites. Unfortunately, I do not speak Korean so I do not know what they said; however, I feel that since the videos were accessible to millions of people, many of which could indeed speak Korean, the news site translations are correct.

Ah OK, yeah I'd expect someone would have picked up on it if it was lies then.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#33    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:29 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 10 April 2013 - 03:10 PM, said:

I'm not persuaded the Chinese would react all that strongly to US troops occupying North Korea, especially since reunification would remove the need for any more US soldiers on the peninsula at all.

The Chinese have to know the US is not going to attack them.  More likely if things got really bad would be joint US-Chinese occupation.  I'm sure the planners (they plan for everything) have it all worked out.

That must have been the way the Russians and the Germans felt when they invaded Poland in 1939.

#34    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,412 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:29 PM

View PostCoffey, on 10 April 2013 - 03:01 PM, said:

Out of curiosity... Has anyone seen an actual video or anything like that of him actually saying he will fire a nuke at the US? Cause I just realized I haven't. All this is coming from the media and US officials isn't it?

You can't blame me for asking after Bush, Blair and countless US officials and the media ll saying Saddam had WMD's..... Which turned out to be a huge scam to invade Iraq...
The news comes from the states owned news channel and websites, like with all communist countries the military is in control of what goes out.
Though we have seen NK rallies of death to America and German shepards used as scare tactics

Edited by The New Richard Nixon, 10 April 2013 - 03:30 PM.

#35    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,592 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:33 PM

View Postkeninsc, on 10 April 2013 - 03:29 PM, said:

That must have been the way the Russians and the Germans felt when they invaded Poland in 1939.
Your point?

#36    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,412 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

View Postcoolguy, on 10 April 2013 - 03:53 AM, said:

Kim jong un will never start a war he knows north Korea would lose.
I wanna see north korea get blown off the map
idiot and not for the first time against NK

#37    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:43 PM

View PostCoffey, on 10 April 2013 - 01:29 PM, said:

From what I read North Korea launched a Satellite into space back in December and it was carrying an unknown payload, it's supposed to be over the US today. Not 100% sure how much truth is in this. Anyone got more info ion it?

That's the scary thing.

This has the potential to be WW3.

To be honest the potential for WW3 does not exist,the whole situation is being ramped up by the Media and I have a feeling that behind the Scenes Beijing will be putting their foot down shortly.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#38    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,563 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:46 PM

Seem's like a potentially bad and escalating situation.

However, I wonder if China and Russia can get diplomatically involved, perhaps this whole hell can end peacefully.

Still, there's the issue of NK making more nukes, and extorting aid from other countries... I don't know.

#39    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:49 PM

View Postshaddow134, on 10 April 2013 - 04:43 PM, said:

To be honest the potential for WW3 does not exist,the whole situation is being ramped up by the Media and I have a feeling that behind the Scenes Beijing will be putting their foot down shortly.

I did wonder that to be honest.

Probably hear nothing again for a year. lol

#40    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,951 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:33 PM

View PostStellar, on 10 April 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:

I personally doubt there'd be any true occupation. I feel like NK would be much more difficult and costly to occupy and, as a result, the US would avoid it completely

I think that's one of the biggest reasons why North Korea is still around. No one, not China, not South Korea, and not the US, wants to deal with millions of brainwashed and starving North Koreans.

View Postpallidin, on 10 April 2013 - 04:46 PM, said:

Seem's like a potentially bad and escalating situation.

However, I wonder if China and Russia can get diplomatically involved, perhaps this whole hell can end peacefully.

Still, there's the issue of NK making more nukes, and extorting aid from other countries... I don't know.

Well China has been rather vocal in telling NK to calm down compared to past points of "crisis". The only thing with Russia I've heard about is them ignoring NK's suggestiong to withdraw their ambassador to safety. Know Castro has come out and told Kim he's acting like a moron. On the national stage I don't think anyone is giving NK much support. I wouldn't be surprised if China put their foot down if things don't cool off quickly. I think they're hoping that the birthday celebrations that will be taking place will distract NK enough that some form of stability can return to the region...until the next time NK flips out of course.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#41    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• 1,570 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:02 PM

View PostCoffey, on 10 April 2013 - 04:49 PM, said:

I did wonder that to be honest.

Probably hear nothing again for a year. lol

China could stop this in a Heartbeat,North Korea are totally dependent on the them.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#42    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,088 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:43 PM

View Postdocyabut2, on 10 April 2013 - 12:23 AM, said:

http://worldnews.nbc...an-missile?lite

How can they be so sure when in the missle defence tests, there was only one hit out of four. How do they know that one missle that  North Korea sets off  does nt have a nuclear device on it?

When it comes to NK missile tech, the safest place to be is in the target zone.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#43    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:57 PM

View Postshaddow134, on 10 April 2013 - 06:02 PM, said:

China could stop this in a Heartbeat,North Korea are totally dependent on the them.

I always thought China enjoyed it though. Just sitting behind NK laughing at them annoying the US.

#44    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• 1,570 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:01 PM

View PostCoffey, on 10 April 2013 - 06:57 PM, said:

I always thought China enjoyed it though. Just sitting behind NK laughing at them annoying the US.

Until the US marches into NK,they wouldn't be laughing for long.

#45    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Non gender specific

• 25,633 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

View PostCoffey, on 10 April 2013 - 09:05 AM, said:

He's only threatening nuke strikes because the US is flexing their muscles.

The US wants that area so badly. Lovely spot right on the Chinese border for some Airfields.
yes, of course, they're just itching to launch strikes on China, aren't they.
In any case, wouldn't the existing bases in S. Korea do just as well, if they ever were insane enough to want to do that? A B-2 could reach China just as well from there.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users