Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Funny Toddler Temper Tantrums

toddlers parents funny

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:53 PM

As the parent of a two year old, I can tell you that a toddler will throw a temper tantrum over ANYTHING. And I do mean anything. I saw this story this morning and thought it was hilarious. It can be frustrating dealing with that at times, so I think what this Dad is doing is a great outlet. :tsu: Dad!

Check out: http://gma.yahoo.com...-342463340.html

Dad Chronicles Sons' Temper Tantrums on Tumblr

Most toddlers will cry over almost anything, but not all have web-savvy fathers who see their tikes’ meltdowns as a way to have a laugh online. Greg Pembroke, of Rochester, N.Y., has started a Tumblr page, “Reasons My Son is Crying,” devoted to his sons’ temper tantrums. From tears over a piece of broken cheese, to riding in the car seat, to the volume of “The Hokey Pokey” being turned down from “ear-splittingly loud” to only “mind-numbingly loud,” the adoring dad snaps photos of his 20-month-old and three-year-old boys mid-meltdown and captions them accordingly. The result couldn’t be more hilarious. “They have little meltdowns all the time,” Pembroke told ABCNews.com. “They just cry for like seven seconds and then are on to the next thing. Anyone that has toddlers or has been around toddlers knows it can be very frustrating. But what I was trying to do is get some humor out of it.” To watch Pembroke and his sons on "Good Morning America," click here.

:w00t:

#2    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,378 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:02 PM

This kid is getting a slide show for a 21st present :P

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#3    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:33 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 10 April 2013 - 01:02 PM, said:

This kid is getting a slide show for a 21st present :P

LOL! That's what I would do...and show it to his girlfriend! :yes:

#4    mnbutterfly

mnbutterfly

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:55 PM

I totally relate to this dad. My favorite ones are "I turned the volume of The Hokey Pokey down... from "ear splittingly loud" to only "mind-numbingly loud." And "I broke this cheese in half." LOL. I always sing to my kids "It's a hard-knock life for you because you can't have your cake and eat it too." Ahhh..., the joys of being a parent. :)

Edited by mnbutterfly, 10 April 2013 - 01:56 PM.

The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.
~ H.P. Lovecraft, Supernatural Horror in Literature

#5    Mabon

Mabon

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts

• Blackadder: Baldrick, have you no idea what irony is?
    Baldrick: Yes, it's like goldy and bronzy only it's made out of iron.

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:34 PM

These are great and I found them hilarious! This parent isn't making fun of his kids he's just explaining what happened. I liked "the car seat... always the car seat". If it had mean captions like "wrong cup? suck it up!" under the photos that would be different but this is a way for all those who have toddlers that this is a normal part of the toddler experience.

Mabon.

One need not be a chamber to be haunted;
One need not be a house;
The brain has corridors surpassing
Material place.  ~ Emily Dickinson

#6    RockabyeBillie

RockabyeBillie

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

• And a million baneful words couldn't bring me to my knees.

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:03 PM

These are hilarious. He does seem to be a very fussy baby, though!

Posted Image

Whether you think you can or whether you think you cant, you're right! -Henry Ford

#7    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,766 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:16 PM

Tantrums? Bah! In the good old days when children were sent up chimneys and down the mines, the little buggers were too damn knackered to lift a tantrum, let alone throw one!  Posted Image

"G a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnwan n gef!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".

"I was born with a priceless gift - the ability to laugh at other peoples' troubles" - Dame Edna Everage

#8    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:16 PM

View PostMabon, on 10 April 2013 - 02:34 PM, said:

These are great and I found them hilarious! This parent isn't making fun of his kids he's just explaining what happened. I liked "the car seat... always the car seat". If it had mean captions like "wrong cup? suck it up!" under the photos that would be different but this is a way for all those who have toddlers that this is a normal part of the toddler experience.

Mabon.

My son threw a temper tantrum, one time, because I wouldn't let him pour bubble bath down the toilet...
:D

Edited by Kowalski, 10 April 2013 - 07:19 PM.

#9    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,766 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:24 PM

View PostKowalski, on 10 April 2013 - 07:16 PM, said:

My son threw a temper tantrum because I wouldn't let him pour bubble bath down the toilet...

About 2 years ago, I was on the verge of telephoning the Environment Agency in a panic when it was pointed out to me that the several feet of billowing foam on the stream in Lower Field had been caused by a bunch of kids, none of them over the age of 8, who'd been emptying bottles of bubble bath they'd shoplifted from the Co-op in the village into the stream from the bridge! We had the cleanest trout in the County for the rest of the year though!

"G a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnwan n gef!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".

"I was born with a priceless gift - the ability to laugh at other peoples' troubles" - Dame Edna Everage

#10    Mabon

Mabon

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts

• Blackadder: Baldrick, have you no idea what irony is?
    Baldrick: Yes, it's like goldy and bronzy only it's made out of iron.

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:34 PM

Toddlers having a fit are extremely nerve racking. Especially, when an individual has to deal with it everyday. That's why I like this guys blog! Hopefully more people with toddlers or people who remember their toddlers can look at it and smile and not get angry at their kids who are really at an awkward age trying to understand the world and all its vexing complications.
Like right juice, wrong cup! Poor little things are on overload... and then so are the toddlers. LOL!
Mabon.

View PostKowalski, on 10 April 2013 - 07:16 PM, said:

My son threw a temper tantrum, one time, because I wouldn't let him pour bubble bath down the toilet...
:D

LOL! kids!

One need not be a chamber to be haunted;
One need not be a house;
The brain has corridors surpassing
Material place.  ~ Emily Dickinson

Also tagged with toddlers, parents, funny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users