Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Ancient monument in the Sea of Galilee

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#31    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,303 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:29 PM

View PostThe_Spartan, on 14 April 2013 - 01:00 PM, said:

And of course, as per some UMers, since it is in Israel, it must have to  be Aliens and Jesus is linked to it.

Yes, but the pertinent question is, was Jesus an early rabbi or...an Annunaki?

Sorry, different discussion. :w00t:

Posted Image
The evil overlord mummy moderator has spoken.

Visit My Blog!

#32    PersonFromPorlock

PersonFromPorlock

Pooseycat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,764 posts

• Few things do more harm than the belief that life should be Dramatic.

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:10 AM

One point against it's being a ballast dump: from the description, at least some of the stones are too big to be manhandled overboard unless they had some very strong sailors.

Edited by PersonFromPorlock, 15 April 2013 - 12:10 AM.

#33    DeWitz

DeWitz

DeWitz

• 1,648 posts

• "Follow me, it's in Room 101."
    Clyde P. Fesmire, PhD

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:48 AM

I have no expertise in underwater archaeology, but PersonFromPorlock above makes sense when he refers to the size and weight of the stones detected as not being easily manhandled.This collection of rocks is bigger and taller than Stonehenge? That's big. It doesn't mean extraterrestrials, beings from another dimension or the Nephilim are responsible for this particular aquatic architecture (although, scientifically, those options cannot be ruled out). In reviewing the article and previous posts I didn't get a good grasp of how this was discovered (scuba divers? recreational? professional, looking for what?). Apparently it has rested, undetected, for a long time. The Holy Land is full of mysteries buried in histories, and this is yet another. It's fascinating to consider that Jesus may have sailed (or walked?!) right over this more than once in his career. Maybe he helped the Galilean fishermen dump some ballast. Wow. . . It will be interesting to assess the follow-up research.

[previously incarnate as 'szentgyorgy']

"Things fall apart. . . it's scientific." - Talking Heads

#34    docyabut2

docyabut2

Alien Abducter

• 5,387 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:09 AM

The other Ohalo sites 1and 2 under water are dated around 20,000 years ago, so why would they date this site found only to be around  5,000 years ago? The stones struture was most likey made by the hunters and gathers of those village sites.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohalo

Edited by docyabut2, 15 April 2013 - 11:24 AM.

#35    Macroramphosis

Macroramphosis

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 319 posts

• "The clever men at Oxford
    Know all that there is to be knowed.
    But they none of them know one half as much
    As intelligent Mr. Toad!"

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:21 AM

I think this is more than likely an unfinished project if it is not a monument or cairn, and if water levels were lower at the time when these stones were positioned I'm wondering whether some chieftain in the past didn't perhaps think a breakwater was a good idea for his little harbour. A brief look on Google shows that historically the winds on Galilee come out of the NW/WNW, and as such would create some fetch as they came down and round that western coast. Some protection for boats moored in that bay would have been a good idea. Looking at the topography it's the right place to start a project like that....... if this is the case who knows what it would have looked like it they'd finished it......

Anyway, just an idea.

“You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.”

#36    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:11 AM

Most other articles that I read about it seem to agree with the cairn theory. We would have to assume that at some point this piece of land was not submerged then. I can't really see any ancient people build under water cairns....

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#37    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 12,265 posts

• - God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi -

"Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:21 AM

View Postszentgyorgy, on 15 April 2013 - 12:48 AM, said:

I have no expertise in underwater archaeology, but PersonFromPorlock above makes sense when he refers to the size and weight of the stones detected as not being easily manhandled.This collection of rocks is bigger and taller than Stonehenge? That's big. It doesn't mean extraterrestrials, beings from another dimension or the Nephilim are responsible for this particular aquatic architecture (although, scientifically, those options cannot be ruled out). I ..... ~snip

View Postthird_eye, on 11 April 2013 - 02:29 AM, said:

its becoming and looking more more a like an ancient ballast dump site to me.
The sea was shallower/water level lower then from what I read, to approach the shallow tide trading ports excess ballast stones were dumped.

"Close inspection by scuba diving revealed that the structure is made of basalt boulders up to 1 m (3.2 feet) long with no apparent construction pattern," the researchers write in their journal article. "The boulders have natural faces with no signs of cutting or chiselling. Similarly, we did not find any sign of arrangement or walls that delineate this structure."

[/left]

~bolded my handiwork

The mass of the entire site collectively is estimated to be bigger than Stonehenge, the individual stones are not .... there's just a lot of the stones piled up, not like they pile up a pyramid in giza or temples in south america ....

~edit : out of habit ///

Edited by third_eye, 16 April 2013 - 09:23 AM.

He who postpones the hour of living rightly ... is like the rustic who waits for the river to run out ... before he crosses.
Horace - Roman lyric poet & satirist 65 BC - 8 BC
~

third_eye cavern ~ bring own beer

#38    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,306 posts

• If you stare into the abyss,the abyss stares back into you

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:55 AM

The under water archaeologist, if there are any as there is considerable risk to life and limb for such ventures, seem to have gone on a vacation. There are so many prospective underwater dig sites and sadly very little follow up can be seen. Probably Graham Hancock will dive there and we will get to know more from him,

#39    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 12,265 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:18 AM

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 16 April 2013 - 09:55 AM, said:

The under water archaeologist, if there are any as there is considerable risk to life and limb for such ventures, seem to have gone on a vacation. There are so many prospective underwater dig sites and sadly very little follow up can be seen. Probably Graham Hancock will dive there and we will get to know more from him,

I think he's getting too old and jaded for that kind of shenanigan ....

He who postpones the hour of living rightly ... is like the rustic who waits for the river to run out ... before he crosses.
~

#40    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,306 posts

• If you stare into the abyss,the abyss stares back into you

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:29 AM

View Postthird_eye, on 16 April 2013 - 10:18 AM, said:

I think he's getting too old and jaded for that kind of shenanigan ....
He has dived more then 500 times in various sites, often partially equipped and risked his life and limb multiple times. Hope atleast someone in the mainstream archaeological community will have this sort of enthusiasm.

#41    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 12,265 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:10 PM

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 16 April 2013 - 10:29 AM, said:

He has dived more then 500 times in various sites, often partially equipped and risked his life and limb multiple times. Hope atleast someone in the mainstream archaeological community will have this sort of enthusiasm.

I am aware of that and I do agree ... but I remember him seeing "martian' cultural connections since he started to explore the under sea sites.

~

#42    monk 56

monk 56

Psychic Spy

• 1,012 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:42 AM

I don't think we need to go back to ice age when sea levels were lower to date monument, without further evidence i would say no earlier than 3000BC.

Firstly the Sea of Galilee is a lake, and throughout history water levels go up and down, and it is well below sea level anyway, like the dead sea!

The monument is near Tiberias that is approx. 17 miles from Jericho, a region that earthquakes are not unknown and it is thought that a great deal of Alexandria is now under the harbour because of an earthquake!

In 1927 there was an earthquake in that region to give an example:-

http://en.wikipedia....ke_in_Palestine

I have no wish to bring religion into this but archaeologists think that the walls of Jericho fell due to an earthquake, not by the hand of god!

http://www.christian...r/abr-a011.html

#43    docyabut2

docyabut2

Alien Abducter

• 5,387 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:59 AM

Posted Image

Would`nt this sturture be more related to the other Ohalo sites,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohalo

#44    monk 56

monk 56

Psychic Spy

• 1,012 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:59 AM

Hi Docyabut2,

I don't think that the cairn has any relationship to the Ohalo hunter-gatherer site of nearly 20,000 years ago, in England many churches have been built on top of ancient pagan sites, and the fish in the sea of Galilee would have been tempting for people from all ages.

I have yet to see a stone structure cairn that large that has a date earlier than approx. 3000BC.

#45    docyabut2

docyabut2

Alien Abducter

• 5,387 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:54 PM

View Postmonk 56, on 17 April 2013 - 10:59 AM, said:

Hi Docyabut2,

I don't think that the cairn has any relationship to the Ohalo hunter-gatherer site of nearly 20,000 years ago, in England many churches have been built on top of ancient pagan sites, and the fish in the sea of Galilee would have been tempting for people from all ages.

I have yet to see a stone structure cairn that large that has a date earlier than approx. 3000BC.

If hunters and gathers could build something like Gobekli Tepe only 10,000 years ago, why not hunters and gathers building this sturture 20 ,000 years ago, possiable evolution of the pryamid.:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users