Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Death scares the crap outa me..and I believe

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1    Zeta Reticulum

Zeta Reticulum

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:49 AM

Ok Folks, yes I believe in GOD, the most almighty creator, not some guy in the sky, but a presence that we cannot fathom.
I have had experiences in my life , which I know cannot be simple coincidence.
And yet ... I fear GOD....
I wonder about the poor atheists who wake up upon death... and think... OH Ohhhh .....should I go into the  tunnel
or stay here and be a ghost for eternity.

#2    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:59 AM

I wouldn't worry about the atheists.  God has got to understand, being that He has made it so hard for rational people to believe in Him.

#3    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 12,298 posts

• - God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi -

"Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:01 AM

Truly I say to
you, none will be saved unless they believe in my cross. But those who
have believed in my cross, theirs is the kingdom of God. . . . Truly I say
to you, none of those who fear death will be saved; for the kingdom of
death belongs to those who put themselves to death.

Apocryphon of James4.37-6.18, in NHL 31-32. Emphasis added. On the figure
of James, see S. K. Brown, James: A Religio-Historical Study of the Relations between
Jewish, Gnostic, and Catholic Christianity in the Early Period through an Investigation of
the Traditions about James the Lord's Brother (Providence, 1972).

Pagels, Elaine H 1943-
The gnostic gospels.

If you believe in God there is no reason to fear death ....

He who postpones the hour of living rightly ... is like the rustic who waits for the river to run out ... before he crosses.
Horace - Roman lyric poet & satirist 65 BC - 8 BC
~

third_eye cavern ~ bring own beer

#4    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:15 AM

There is no reason to fear death regardless.

#5    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Forum Divinity

• 10,578 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:24 AM

View PostZeta Reticulum, on 11 April 2013 - 09:49 AM, said:

I wonder about the poor atheists who wake up upon death... and think... OH Ohhhh .....should I go into the  tunnel
Ever thought they wonder about you not waking up?

#6    jules99

jules99

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:58 AM

Ok Folks, yes I believe in GOD, the most almighty creator, not some guy in the sky, but a presence that we cannot fathom.
Look after your own interests and stop trying to boost your own ego by putting down those who dont share your belief

#7    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:15 AM

you fear death but not in the same way as an atheist, you know god exists but dont know if your saved. you were saved the second you believed, dont compare your self to christians who think they are saved no matter what they do. your saved because you work for your salvation even though you dont have to. godbless and dont change

www.paranormaltales.boards.net

#8    Ashotep

Ashotep

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,993 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:00 PM

I wouldn't let it scare me.  Even if your not an atheist which religion is right?  They all think theirs is the only correct one.  Someone has to be wrong.

#9    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:04 PM

I really see only two possibilities.  The first is that we become extinct, the second is that we don't.

#10    Artaxerxes

Artaxerxes

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:07 PM

Ever heard of Death Bed Visions?   They are very uplifting and comforting.   There are a number of books out that talk about death bed visions.   Visions, Trips, and Crowded Rooms by David Kessler, Final Gifts by Maggie Callanan, At The Hour of Death by Dr. Karl Osis and Ehrlandur Harraldson, One Last Hug Before I Go by Dr. Carla Wills-Brandon, and Death Bed Visions by Sir William Barrett.   Barrett's book can be read for free online.  

Death Bed Visions by Sir William Barrett

http://www.survivala...bv/contents.htm

Art

#11    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Forum Divinity

• 10,578 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:10 PM

View PostArtaxerxes, on 11 April 2013 - 02:07 PM, said:

Ever heard of Death Bed Visions?   They are very uplifting and comforting.   There are a number of books out that talk about death bed visions.   Visions, Trips, and Crowded Rooms by David Kessler, Final Gifts by Maggie Callanan, At The Hour of Death by Dr. Karl Osis and Ehrlandur Harraldson, One Last Hug Before I Go by Dr. Carla Wills-Brandon, and Death Bed Visions by Sir William Barrett.   Barrett's book can be read for free online.  

Death Bed Visions by Sir William Barrett

http://www.survivala...bv/contents.htm

Art
About as reliable as death bed confessions.

#12    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 7,002 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:44 PM

I guess it's natural to have some fear of the unknown?   I don't know if it's the fear of "death"  and what that state might be , or not be, like... as much as a fear of losing what we have NOW?

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#13    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:53 PM

I suspect ,religion ,or lack there of ,has little to do with where you end up after death  ......

Miss me?

#14    onereaderone

onereaderone

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

• interfacing transdimentional inverse mobius feed back loop

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:17 PM

death  is  over rated...  there  are  a great meny  things  worse .  god  is  not  the  danger ,  its  the  people  who  would  kill  jesus   if  they  gort  their  hands  upon  him  a second  time  that  you need  to  worry about...

the romans  just followed  their  orders....  GIVEN  BY  THE  CHURCH !  ...   the  people  who  christ  had  the  greatest  contempt  for  ...  were  the  people  who  beat  their  chests ,  and shouted  "  have  you  been saved!  ...  are  you a ZEALOT  LIKE  ME! "     THE  PEOPLE  WHO  HAVE  THE  MOST  TO LOOSE  IF  GOD  IS AMONG  US!  
jesus ,  in  his  own  words   was  all  about  seeking  god....    if  you  talk about  god  in  church...  they  will  ask  you  to leave.    or   "  we  do  not  set  doctrine here ,  what  your asking  is  above  our  pay  grade "

god  is  really  not  that  hard  to  understand ...   and  what  happens  after  death  is  pretty  straight foreward ....  god  save  you  if  you talk about  it  in  a church...  they  will  cruxifie  you !

beleif  is  for  people  who  would  rather  read  it  in a book  ,  than  do  it  in  person ...  and atheists   are  twits  any way , only  a  person  with  eyes  tightly  shut  ,  fingers  in  their  ears   and  shouting  "   no  god....  no  god... no god ! "   can  manage  to  be  an  atheist  for  more  than  a few  hours ... surrounded   by   a  universal   order   that  goes  from  the  cosmic  to  the  subatomic in  a  seamless  and  flawless  set  of   scaled  orderly laws  that   repeat   like  a choir  of  rythems .    the  only  real  place  you  find  honest  atheists  are  in  university   and  govermentaly  sponsored  programms of  disinformation  ...   they  can't  do  anything  useful  ...(  with  out  bumping  into all  that  order )

religon  is  just  as  bad...   except  they  have  an  excused absense...  their  mothers  wrote "  please  excuse  my  brainless  child , they  have never had  an original  idea  in  their lives...  but  they  beleive...  so  thats  alright !"

circlular  argumentsuseing  words  with  out  clear  meanings  ... and  some times  mythical  ideas  with  out  any  foundation  or  evidance...   kinda  makes  the  atheist  look  good ...
yeah  ,  you can't  define  the  word  god...  cuz  jesus  is  god...  but  one  god  only...  so  you have three... and  heaven  is  where  you  go...  but  its  not  a place  you  can point to...   but  hell  is  down...   but  its  not  real  either...   and  the  devil  is  not  a god...   but  he  is  bad  and  god  hates  him...  but  god  loves  everything...  and  never  made a mistake...   but  your  born  broken..   cuz  god  made  a mistake...

GET  OVER  IT!

either  give  up  and  leave  god  to  the  people  who  know ..  or  define  your  words  carefully  and  talk  like  your  not  an  atheist....  athiests  are  totaly  brainless...  but  at  least  they  pretend  to  think  out  what  they are  saying  for  them selves .

your bible  was  printed ...  it  had  an editor , spell checker , press  operator  ...  and  its  made  of  dead  tree's... its  a silly  book ...tell  me  what  the  word  holy  means  before  you  say  it...   define  clearly  what  sin  is .   and  then  tell  me  about  idol  worship .
and  either  jesus  is  god...   and  is  dead....   or  you  have   more  than  one god ...   i  can  count...  counting  is  not  a hard  concept ,  do  not  act  like  a moron,  or  i  will  treat  you  like  one ...  
either  there  is  only  one  god  (  which  is  really  not  a bad  idea ) ...  or  you can  not  count ,  and  your  playing  word  games  with  words  that  are  meaningless  (  to  at  least  you ) .

frankly  speaking...  christians  are  ,  as a group  ,  very  nice  people .  
they  always  run away  or  get  angry  when  they  insult  the  intelect of  people  who  ask  honest  questions  and  get  profoundly  stupid  answers...   and  then  they  get  angry  that  we  who  ask   (  who have  been  called   moron  because  we  are not  buyng  into  word  games ...  that  are  meaningless ) ...want  a real honest answer ,  and  corner  them  with  honesty .

i  on  the  other  hand  have  seen  the  face of  the  void ...  not  read about  it .  
when  i  speak  of  god , i can  point  to exsamples ,  show  how  to  see  him  clearly ..   define what  i mean  when  i  use  the  word .

and  i  have  been asked  "not  to  return"  to  more  than  5 church's  ....  very  politly...  but  people  do  not  go  to  church  to  have  god  throw  in  their  face ,  they  go  to  find  fellowship  and  praise  the  lord .
these  are  questions  of  faith ,  your  not  suppost  to  be able  to  define  god ,  he  is  suppost  to be  in  your heart .   we  do  not  talk about  god  here in church  ,  it  just confuses  people  and  makes  for  contraversy ..    jesus  is  god ,  thats  all  you need  to  know ...  read  your  bible ,  and  maybe  you  should  find  a church  that  beleives  like  you  do ,  we  have  our  faith ,  maybe  you  should  start your  own  church , you  will  not  find  Your  god  here ...  

i  know  what  christ  felt  like ,  christ  was  not  welcome  in  church  either..  he  had  to  hang  out  with  whores  ,  theives  and  corprate  lawyers ...  and  then  the  church  paid  30  peice  of  silver  to  fraim  him  and  kill  him ...   jesus  was  no  fan  of  church's...  i  do  not  see  why  i  should  be  either

#15    markprice

markprice

what

• 3,767 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

View Postonereaderone, on 11 April 2013 - 03:17 PM, said:

i  know  what  christ  felt  like ,  christ  was  not  welcome  in  church  either..  he  had  to  hang  out  with  whores  ,  theives  and  corprate  lawyers ...  and  then  the  church  paid  30  peice  of  silver  to  fraim  him  and  kill  him ...   jesus  was  no  fan  of  church's...  i  do  not  see  why  i  should  be  either

Christ was a drop out and the adepts still hold that against him. He preferred wine etc. over their strict conformist dogma. That is why he was great IMO.

This is getting shilly - Math

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users