Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Death scares the crap outa me..and I believe

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#61    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Forum Divinity

• 10,566 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:01 AM

View Postand then, on 14 April 2013 - 04:19 PM, said:

It would be an odd thing to wonder about.  If a believer is wrong they will never know it.  If an atheist is wrong.... they might have some 'splainin' to do ;)
So if you met Hades, you'd never know?

#62    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:12 AM

It's kinda amazing to see how we all (myself included) sorta talk past each other, seeming to respond but each having our own agenda and only nodding at what the others say.  I don't think its selfishness, I think its only that we don't fully communicate or understand -- like the Platonic reference made earlier that I know about but didn't come into my head when I read it.

#63    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:25 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 15 April 2013 - 06:12 AM, said:

It's kinda amazing to see how we all (myself included) sorta talk past each other, seeming to respond but each having our own agenda and only nodding at what the others say.  I don't think its selfishness, I think its only that we don't fully communicate or understand -- like the Platonic reference made earlier that I know about but didn't come into my head when I read it.
It's the nature of communicating on forums. I'm not really here with you now I'm lying in bed with a two year old sleeping on my arm and an iPhone in my hand.  We just end up being in our own minds instead of connecting with each other and forming the the new entity of --you and I --. On forums it ends up being the entity of ---you then I--. Two totally different combinations. Beneficial in a few catagorys of communication detrimental for quite a few others.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#64    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 12,243 posts

• - God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi -

"Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:46 PM

Posted Image

~peace~

He who postpones the hour of living rightly ... is like the rustic who waits for the river to run out ... before he crosses.
Horace - Roman lyric poet & satirist 65 BC - 8 BC
~

third_eye cavern ~ bring own beer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users