Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Can we bring dinosaurs back to life ?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,916 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:03 AM

Can we bring dinosaurs back to life ?
Posted Image
Click here to watch video - 04:18s

Dr. Kaku answers the question of whether it is possible to resurrect the dinosaurs through genetics.

#2    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,257 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:49 PM

The question isn't "can we?" it's "Should we?"

#3    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,891 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:37 PM

I agree. I mean let's say you discover you CAN bring back T-Rex. You can bring it back, but you can't control it. So then what? Bring back dinosaurs so you can watch them devour people? How barbaric.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#4    CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

• Without going out of my door
    I can know all things of earth
    Without looking out of my window
    I could know the ways of heaven

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:20 AM

View PostKasey2601, on 11 April 2013 - 09:37 PM, said:

I agree. I mean let's say you discover you CAN bring back T-Rex. You can bring it back, but you can't control it. So then what? Bring back dinosaurs so you can watch them devour people? How barbaric.
Hmm interesting sounds like a good idea for a film.  :w00t:

#5    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,891 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:17 PM

Too many of them, I'm afraid, Criptic. And a new one coming out in 2014. :rolleyes:

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#6    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,257 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:45 PM

Another thing to think about - we are running out of habitat for the animals we have... Where would we put dino's?... Granted not all of them were huge, but who would be content with bringing back a tiny dino when they could bring back a really huge one like Diplodocus, or one of the large theropods?...

How many would we recreate, and for what purpose? Just to look at? To dissect and study?  Remember that we do not have complete dino dna - so any 'fiddling' we did ala "Jurassic park" would just mean that we recreated what we thought dinos were like - not necessarily what they were...

#7    Zeta Reticulum

Zeta Reticulum

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:26 AM

DNA too degraded... it's all just basically rock now. And rock is not revivable. better to try to revive the Thylacine or the Dodo...........even maybe Hast's Eagle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users