Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Johnny Rotten scolds haters

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Poltergeist

• 3,229 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:25 PM

View Postzebra99, on 12 April 2013 - 10:27 PM, said:

Posted Imagelittle_dreamer, on 11 April 2013 - 06:48 PM, said:

John Cleese did an amusing TV commercial in the US, though I can't even remember the product he was selling.

View Postzebra99, on 12 April 2013 - 10:27 PM, said:

I hope it was better directed than his ads over here..his efforts over the past few years have been pathetic,wooden, and unfunny.I don't think Cleese is in demand much anymore...his ads show no signs of the brilliance he radiated in Fawlty Towers or Python.

I think he had to pay for one of his divorces again.   Apparently he was taken to the cleaners again.

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

#62    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's history.

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:24 AM

View PostLeave Britney alone!, on 12 April 2013 - 03:53 AM, said:

Persumably this is not a great concern since most of her diehard supporters are so old they might injure themselves in the mere attempt without even connecting. Anyways isn't that a lower class thing to do? Resort to violence.

It's the human thing to do if someone dances on your loved one's grave. How would *you* react to such a provocation? As for age, I've seen men in their sixties who could beat the crap out of a lot of fat and/or weak guys in their twenties. As for low class, throwing "death parties" is the epitome of that.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#63    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Psychic Spy

• 1,855 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:27 AM

View Postshaddow134, on 12 April 2013 - 12:59 PM, said:

:passifier:

Nice One.Words achieve more than violence ever will.My opinion stands.

I was just trying to help you if you ever felt the urge to use a cemetery as a mosh pit. The mourners might not care for it when you bust a move over the deceased's corpse.

#64    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Psychic Spy

• 1,855 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:29 AM

View Postshaddow134, on 12 April 2013 - 08:49 PM, said:

A ridiculous statement.

I see. He probably should have said "communists", not "terrorists".

#65    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

Njuggle

• 9,443 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:20 PM

My answers in green:

View PostSetton, on 12 April 2013 - 10:53 PM, said:

I don't know, living where they have been for generations perhaps? If the islanders and their sheep were transported to an uninhabited island off the coast of Scotland it would stop the nonsense and they wouldn't know the difference!

The islands have never belonged to Argentina and, as such they have no claim to them. Chausey isnear England. Does that mean we can just invade whenever we like? No, because they belong to the French. That's not a very good example because Chausey is very close to the French coast and belongs to the French. It's obviously French because it's so much closer to France than England.

So they should be forced out of their homes because Argentina wants land it has no right to? I guess they see it as 'more theirs than ours' because it's so close to them. Only their Government knows why they occasionally start up some sabre-rattling over it.

I imagine they feel honoured people cared enough. Seriously? You think they feel okay with the cost in human life and the financial cost? I can't get my head around that at all.

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

#66    Setton

Setton

Psychic Spy

• 1,546 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:32 PM

View Postouija ouija, on 13 April 2013 - 10:20 PM, said:

If the islanders and their sheep were transported to an uninhabited island off the coast of Scotland it would stop the nonsense and they wouldn't know the difference!

Aside from the poorer land quality, leading to lower productivity and income. Not to mention the weather :P Also, since you're so big on the cost of things, how much do you think that would cost?

That's not a very good example because Chausey is very close to the French coast and belongs to the French. It's obviously French because it's so much closer to France than England.

I guess they see it as 'more theirs than ours' because it's so close to them. Only their Government knows why they occasionally start up some sabre-rattling over it.

But territory isn't divided according to how close it is. It's divided according to who made the effort to settle there. In this case, the British chose to colonize the Falklands, the Spanish didn't. Why should they be able to lay claim to islands once we've done the hard work. Especially when those islanders have no wish to be argentinian.

Seriously? You think they feel okay with the cost in human life and the financial cost? I can't get my head around that at all.

Do I think they feel okay with people doing their jobs to protect their way of life? Yes, I imagine they do.

Edited by Setton, 13 April 2013 - 10:33 PM.

'Good' is not the same as 'nice'.
'No, murder is running your broadsword through someone because he worships a different God to you... Or is that evangelism? I get confused.'
When they discover the centre of the universe, a lot of people are going to be disappointed - They are not it.
I don't object to the concept of a deity but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.

#67    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

Njuggle

• 9,443 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:46 PM

My replies in green.

View PostSetton, on 13 April 2013 - 10:32 PM, said:

Aside from the poorer land quality, leading to lower productivity and income. Not to mention the weather :P Also, since you're so big on the cost of things, how much do you think that would cost? Well, it would be a one-off cost and wouldn't involve killing anyone. Personally, I would take a lower income if it meant I never again had to worry about my 'neighbours' invading and the ensuing loss of life on my behalf.

But territory isn't divided according to how close it is. It's divided according to who made the effort to settle there. In this case, the British chose to colonize the Falklands, the Spanish didn't. Why should they be able to lay claim to islands once we've done the hard work. Especially when those islanders have no wish to be argentinian.  But the natural inclination is to feel that if something is closer to one country than another then it 'belongs' to the country it's nearest to. Think of the problems with designated fishing areas. How incensed do our fishermen get because boats come halfway around the world to take 'our' fish.

Do I think they feel okay with people doing their jobs to protect their way of life? Yes, I imagine they do. Well, I can't understand that. It seems mindbogglingly selfish to me ...... I don't know how they can sleep at night, to be honest.

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

#68    monk 56

monk 56

Psychic Spy

• 1,012 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:55 PM

Perhaps some humour should be left for Arthur Scargill, who can't even win a battle with the National Union of Mineworkers who he was leader of:-

http://www.guardian....ttle-union-flat

#69    acute

acute

The Hedgeless Hoglet

• 2,054 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:03 PM

Did you watch the video in that article?
What an idiot is Mr. Lydon.

#70    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

Njuggle

• 9,443 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:54 PM

View Postacute, on 15 April 2013 - 02:03 PM, said:

Did you watch the video in that article?
What an idiot is Mr. Lydon.
Do you mind if I add 'unfunny loathsome turd' to 'idiot'?

#71    acute

acute

The Hedgeless Hoglet

• 2,054 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:59 PM

View Postouija ouija, on 15 April 2013 - 05:54 PM, said:

Do you mind if I add 'unfunny loathsome turd' to 'idiot'?

Feel free!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users