Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Russia to Name Town After Space Pioneer

tsiolkovsky vostochny cosmodrome

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 34,219 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:15 AM

Russia to Name Town After Space Pioneer Tsiolkovsky

RIA Novosti said:

VOSTOCHNY COSMODROME, April 12 (RIA Novosti) - President Vladimir Putin proposed on Friday naming a future town near the Russian Vostochny space port after the father of the Soviet space program, Konstantin Tsiolkovsky.

“I think it will be right if, after consulting it with the local residents, we will call the future town Tsiolkovsky,” Putin said on Friday, as Russia celebrated Cosmonautics Day marking the first manned space flight on that date in 1961 by Yury Gagarin.

Posted Image Read more...

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#2    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:07 PM

Tsiolkovsky the founder of all space flight, a true genius and visionary. And today Putin also said that Roscosmos will be upgraded, and that in the future there may be a ministry of the cosmos. If so it will be the first among all nations. Tsiolkovsky's vision will continue, humanity will reach the stars. Soon I hope :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users