Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Oldest dinosaur embryo fossils found in China

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,080 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:35 AM

Palaeontologists have unearthed the oldest known fossilized dinosaur embryos ever discovered.

Nature.com said:

Spectroscopic analysis of bone-tissue samples from the Chinese nesting site revealed the oldest organic material ever seen in a terrestrial vertebrate.

Posted Image Read more...

#2    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,759 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:05 PM

There have been several articles fairly recently about dino eggs... it got me to wondering... Were the very first 'animals' (meaning not single cell critters that re-produce by mitosis, etc) egg layers or was live birth first?...

basically I guess what I'm asking is, was the ability to give live birth a later evolution than egg laying?...

EDIT: Okay I did a bit of digging and the earliest record of live birth I could find was ~240 million years ago... while the earliest egg-laying I could find was ~500 million years ago... Has anyone found anything earlier of either?...

Edited by Taun, 12 April 2013 - 12:24 PM.

#3    Starseed hybrid 1111

Starseed hybrid 1111

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 326 posts

• "Take the Red Matrix pill" be your own authentic self neo

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:54 PM

we should try and bring back some dinosaurs back to life that would be pretty awesome lets just make sure that we don't bring back T-rex or meat eaters though.wow that would be scary and dangerous  and hazardous as well.but also we would have to make sure  and look at this issue and experiment in many ways.for example what is the positive sides and the negative sides and the dangers.how would this affect earth right now and the animals in this time?is this ethical to begin with?would this project be okay with the public and importantly  is it ethical ans safe?would it destabilize earthy life at this time and era?but to me something that is important are they truly alive meaning do they have a soul???

#4    moonshadow60

moonshadow60

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

• "There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or just closing the book"... James Wilson

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:37 PM

Taun; are you asking which came first; the chicken or the egg?

#5    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

There has been an awakening

• 5,271 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:41 PM

View Postmoonshadow60, on 12 April 2013 - 07:37 PM, said:

Taun; are you asking which came first; the chicken or the egg?

It was the duck.  ;)

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#6    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:25 PM

View PostTaun, on 12 April 2013 - 12:05 PM, said:

There have been several articles fairly recently about dino eggs... it got me to wondering... Were the very first 'animals' (meaning not single cell critters that re-produce by mitosis, etc) egg layers or was live birth first?...

basically I guess what I'm asking is, was the ability to give live birth a later evolution than egg laying?...

EDIT: Okay I did a bit of digging and the earliest record of live birth I could find was ~240 million years ago... while the earliest egg-laying I could find was ~500 million years ago... Has anyone found anything earlier of either?...

It's the general belief that reptiles and amphibians came before mammals (fish too) and the vast majority of those, if not all, lay eggs whereas it's live birth for mammals.

You can go the distance, you can run the mile and you can walk straight through HELL with a smile.

My UM Credentials: http://www.unexplain...5

#7    Starseed hybrid 1111

Starseed hybrid 1111

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 326 posts

• "Take the Red Matrix pill" be your own authentic self neo

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:22 PM

@ moonshadow60 the egg came first lol

#8    PersonFromPorlock

PersonFromPorlock

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

• Few things do more harm than the belief that life should be Dramatic.

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:42 PM

View PostJunior Chubb, on 12 April 2013 - 10:41 PM, said:

It was the duck.  ;)

Rabbit!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users