Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 6 votes

The History of Schizophrenia

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
559 replies to this topic

#1    notforgotten

notforgotten

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

• The educated lie can be the most deceiving...gullible people believe them without question.

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:27 PM

The history of schizophrenia goes back thousands of years. Over the centuries, schizophrenics have been considered mystics, saints, possessed by evil spirits or servants of the Devil. Schizophrenia treatment in history has been as gentle as using music and as violent as resorting to ice pick surgery.

Schizophrenia Treatment: History And Evolution? http://www.tree.com/...ia-history.aspx

I believe that the American Psychiatric Association has squashed the true testimonies of millions of witnesses to God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, angels, saints in heaven as well as demons and evil spirits by their over one hundred year old lie that it's all in these peoples' heads. These are the same people that would kill people by drilling holes in their heads trying to release evil spirits. The same people that would also kill people by cutting the frontal lobe of the brain out of them. One scientist got a Nobel Peace prize for doing this. They tried insulin injections which often left people in a coma. And they would give them enough electric shock treatments at such a high voltage as to make their brains mush. Are these the people that you want to trust and believe? I believe that those poor lowly "crazy" people that have said that they've talked to God, seen angels and the devil have been telling the truth all along and it's the modern day psychiatrist that has been lying. I believe that a grave injustice have been done against these people and it's high time people knew the truth.

Edited by notforgotten, 12 April 2013 - 04:57 PM.

#2    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,156 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:51 PM

I know several people with that disorder, and I surely sympathize.

#3    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:52 PM

View Postnotforgotten, on 12 April 2013 - 04:27 PM, said:

I believe that the American Psychiatric Association has squashed the true testimonies of millions of witnesses to God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, angels, saints in heaven as well as demons and evil spirits by their over one hundred year old lie that it's all in these peoples' heads.

You are mistaken.

These are the same people that would kill people by drilling holes in their heads trying to release evil spirits.

The APA has never advocated this practice.

The same people that would also kill people by cutting the frontal lobe of the brain out of people. One scientist got a Nobel Peace prize for doing this.

So which laureate are you talking about?

They tried insulin injection which often left people in commas.

Sometimes comas too.

And they would give them enough electric shock treatments at such a high voltage as to make their brains mush.

Although EST is still rarely used, its effects are better understood.

Are these the people that you want to trust and believe? I believe that these poor lowly "crazy" people that have said that they've talked to God, seen angels and the devil have been telling the truth all along and it's the modern day psychiatrist that has been lying. I believe that a grave injustice have been done against these people and it's high time that people know the truth.

Would you rather trust and believe people who are educated and practicing medicine by a code of ethics, or people who are seeing angels and the devil and believe they're talking directly to God?

#4    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,156 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:09 PM

Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT), is not done in the same way it was many years ago. It's much safer now.
They use lower voltage/current, they put you "under" and you are constantly monitored during the procedure and for a short while afterwards by medical professionals before being discharged from the hospital/clinic.

I have a personal friend who suffers from extreme depression, and after many years of drugs having little positive effect, it was found that he responds very well to ECT. His major depression goes away for up to 2 months. Thus, he is on scheduled ECT treatment.

There is more info here:

http://www.mayoclini...therapy/MY00129

#5    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,660 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:13 PM

I believe that those poor lowly "crazy" people that have said that they've talked to God, seen angels and the devil have been telling the truth all along and it's the modern day psychiatrist that has been lying. I believe that a grave injustice have been done against these people and it's high time people knew the truth.
Ofcourse you do, you suffer the same hallucinations. Though your truth is about as credible as if it came from a meth addict.

Edited by Rlyeh, 12 April 2013 - 05:14 PM.

#6    notforgotten

notforgotten

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

• The educated lie can be the most deceiving...gullible people believe them without question.

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:15 PM

View Postscowl, on 12 April 2013 - 04:52 PM, said:

[/size]
You are mistaken.

I beg to differ, I believe that you are the one that is mistaken sir.

The APA has never advocated this practice.

The term psychiatrist was not used back in the middle ages, but they are the same people. The people responsible for treating schizophrenia.

So which laureate are you talking about?

Portuguese doctor Egus Moniz

Sometimes comas too.

Thank you. I've corrected my error.

Although EST is still rarely used, its effects are better understood.

Yes, they are not frying as many brain cells.
[size=4]

Would you rather trust and believe people who are educated and practicing medicine by a code of ethics, or people who are seeing angels and the devil and believe they're talking directly to God?

I would choose to believe those that see the truth. which is God, angels and the devils before I would believe a lineage of murderous liars.

#7    notforgotten

notforgotten

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:18 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 12 April 2013 - 05:13 PM, said:

Ofcourse you do, you suffer the same hallucinations. Though your truth is about as credible as if it came from a meth addict.
What would you know of truth Rlyeh?.... you believe in nothing.

#8    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,660 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:20 PM

View Postnotforgotten, on 12 April 2013 - 05:18 PM, said:

What would you know of truth Rlyeh?.... you believe in nothing.
Do I? So much for your truth.

#9    notforgotten

notforgotten

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:21 PM

View Postpallidin, on 12 April 2013 - 05:09 PM, said:

Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT), is not done in the same way it was many years ago. It's much safer now.
They use lower voltage/current, they put you "under" and you are constantly monitored during the procedure and for a short while afterwards by medical professionals before being discharged from the hospital/clinic.

I have a personal friend who suffers from extreme depression, and after many years of drugs having little positive effect, it was found that he responds very well to ECT. His major depression goes away for up to 2 months. Thus, he is on scheduled ECT treatment.

There is more info here:

http://www.mayoclini...therapy/MY00129
Maybe I'm being a little hard on modern day ECT. You have a good point and it probably does work well for some people. Thank you.

Edited by notforgotten, 12 April 2013 - 05:31 PM.

#10    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:25 PM

Dr. Egus Moniz received a Nobel Prize in Medicine (not Peace!) for surgical treatment of mental disorders in 1949. At the time It appeared to be a valid, effective, and promising if not revolutionary method.

This was the very beginning of treatment for mental disorders and every branch of medicine is full of horror stories of early attempts to treat diseases. I can assure that treatment for mental disorders has progressed dramatically since then just as it has in every other kind of treatment. It's unfair and misleading to claim that treatment of mental disorders hasn't changed in sixty years.

#11    Mystic Crusader

Mystic Crusader

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

• "What would you rather be, a bus driver, or a super terrorist?"

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:36 PM

The history of schizophrenia goes back thousands of years. Over the centuries, schizophrenics have been considered mystics, saints, possessed by evil spirits or servants of the Devil. Schizophrenia treatment in history has been as gentle as using music and as violent as resorting to ice pick surgery.

Schizophrenia Treatment: History And Evolution? http://www.tree.com/...ia-history.aspx

I believe that the American Psychiatric Association has squashed the true testimonies of millions of witnesses to God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, angels, saints in heaven as well as demons and evil spirits by their over one hundred year old lie that it's all in these peoples' heads. These are the same people that would kill people by drilling holes in their heads trying to release evil spirits. The same people that would also kill people by cutting the frontal lobe of the brain out of them. One scientist got a Nobel Peace prize for doing this. They tried insulin injections which often left people in a coma. And they would give them enough electric shock treatments at such a high voltage as to make their brains mush. Are these the people that you want to trust and believe? I believe that those poor lowly "crazy" people that have said that they've talked to God, seen angels and the devil have been telling the truth all along and it's the modern day psychiatrist that has been lying. I believe that a grave injustice have been done against these people and it's high time people knew the truth.

Do you guys ever stop crying wolf?

Drunk with blood..
Danger cult leaders
Jewish gematria # 1162:
Who is like God
The epitome of evil

#12    notforgotten

notforgotten

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:44 PM

View Postscowl, on 12 April 2013 - 06:25 PM, said:

Dr. Egus Moniz received a Nobel Prize in Medicine (not Peace!) for surgical treatment of mental disorders in 1949. At the time It appeared to be a valid, effective, and promising if not revolutionary method.

But, the truth is that it wasn't valid, effective, promising, nor revolutionary. It destroyed  many  lives and the scientific community gave him a Nobel Prize for it!

This was the very beginning of treatment for mental disorders and every branch of medicine is full of horror stories of early attempts to treat diseases. I can assure that treatment for mental disorders has progressed dramatically since then just as it has in every other kind of treatment. It's unfair and misleading to claim that treatment of mental disorders hasn't changed in sixty years.

Today, they just over-medicate patients with ineffective medication that causes diabetes and other illnesses. Also, there is still no cure for schizophrenia and yet today the doctors lie about what their patients have been telling them all along, that what they are experiencing is real, making psychiatrists still the quack doctors they have been all along.

Edited by notforgotten, 12 April 2013 - 07:11 PM.

#13    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,660 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:03 PM

View Postnotforgotten, on 12 April 2013 - 06:44 PM, said:

Also, there is still no cure for schizophrenia and yet today the doctors lie about what their patients have been telling them all along, that what they are experiencing is real, making psychiatrists still the quack doctors they have been all along.
Is that what the voices tell you?

#14    notforgotten

notforgotten

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:09 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 12 April 2013 - 07:03 PM, said:

Is that what the voices tell you?
Now, Rlyeh, didn't your parents teach you how to play nice?

#15    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,660 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:12 PM

View Postnotforgotten, on 12 April 2013 - 07:09 PM, said:

Now, Rlyeh, didn't your parents teach you how to play nice?
Apparently no one ever told you not to tell fibs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users