Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 6 votes

The History of Schizophrenia

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
559 replies to this topic

#346    notforgotten

notforgotten

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

• One day I saw my doppelganger and someone in heaven revealed to me that I had been cloned by aliens.

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:33 PM

View Postpallidin, on 03 May 2013 - 10:28 PM, said:

I would strongly disagree.

Not only have I, unfortunately, developed a severe anxiety disorder, I have had personal contact with those with much more dibilitating disorders, such a schizophrenia.

In no cases have I seen ANYTHING remotely approaching a paranormal event within them.

Not saying that there can't be, rather I have not ever, ever seen it either in personal contact or interview vids.
Check out schizophrenia and spiritual warfare on the internet.

#347    pallidin

pallidin

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,106 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:40 PM

View Postnotforgotten, on 03 May 2013 - 10:33 PM, said:

Check out schizophrenia and spiritual warfare on the internet.

I DO understand where you are going with this, and, in certain rare cases I would most definitely entertain that possibility.

I guess I'm just saying that there are, IMHO, many cases of mental illness/disorder which are solely due to some type of brain/biological dysfunction.

#348    notforgotten

notforgotten

Psychic Spy

• 1,093 posts

• One day I saw my doppelganger and someone in heaven revealed to me that I had been cloned by aliens.

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:50 PM

View Postpallidin, on 03 May 2013 - 10:40 PM, said:

I DO understand where you are going with this, and, in certain rare cases I would most definitely entertain that possibility.
A glimmer of light shining through the most natural of trees.

Edited by notforgotten, 03 May 2013 - 10:50 PM.

#349    pallidin

pallidin

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,106 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:55 PM

View Postnotforgotten, on 03 May 2013 - 10:50 PM, said:

A glimmer of light shining through the most natural of trees.

I have NO problem with your assertion that mental illness can be a result of supernatural influence.

My assertion is that it is not common, and most mental illness have a definitive human biological basis.

#350    notforgotten

notforgotten

Psychic Spy

• 1,093 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:01 PM

View Postpallidin, on 03 May 2013 - 10:55 PM, said:

I have NO problem with your assertion that mental illness can be a result of supernatural influence.

My assertion is that it is not common, and most mental illness have a definitive human biological basis.
I concur that there may be a biological factor to schizophrenia. It may be what's allowing the schizophrenic to experience the invisible and to be tormented by the devils.

#351    Theater of Dreams

Theater of Dreams

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 53 posts

• 'Open your eyes, Victoria!'

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:09 PM

View PostSetton, on 03 May 2013 - 08:20 PM, said:

C'mon that's not entirely fair.

You're doing theories a disservice...

How so? Even theories require some degree of evidence if one wants it to be taken seriously. And Scowl's right. Notforgotten's been unable to state anything other than what he's been trying to sell the whole time; an unsupported theory.

Dream Theater

#352    notforgotten

notforgotten

Psychic Spy

• 1,093 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:17 PM

View PostTheater of Dreams, on 03 May 2013 - 11:09 PM, said:

How so? Even theories require some degree of evidence if one wants it to be taken seriously. And Scowl's right. Notforgotten's been unable to state anything other than what he's been trying to sell the whole time; an unsupported theory.
The psychiatrist can not support their theory. The lie can squirm in the shadow of darkness for all of eternity.

#353    Setton

Setton

Psychic Spy

• 1,571 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:42 PM

View PostTheater of Dreams, on 03 May 2013 - 11:09 PM, said:

That was kind of the point I was making. Except that notforgotten is not offering an unsupported theory. By definition, a theory has supporting evidence.

1. Theories require evidence
2. scowl described notforgottens ravings ideas as a theory
3. This is doing theories a disservice.

View Postnotforgotten, on 03 May 2013 - 11:17 PM, said:

The psychiatrist can not support their theory. The lie can squirm in the shadow of darkness for all of eternity.

That's why they don't claim to know the cause. If they had a theory of it, it would be accepted as 'truth' since there are no opposing theories.

'Good' is not the same as 'nice'.
'No, murder is running your broadsword through someone because he worships a different God to you... Or is that evangelism? I get confused.'
When they discover the centre of the universe, a lot of people are going to be disappointed - They are not it.
I don't object to the concept of a deity but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.

#354    Theater of Dreams

Theater of Dreams

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:00 AM

View PostSetton, on 03 May 2013 - 11:42 PM, said:

That was kind of the point I was making. Except that notforgotten is not offering an unsupported theory. By definition, a theory has supporting evidence.

1. Theories require evidence
2. scowl described notforgottens ravings ideas as a theory
3. This is doing theories a disservice.

That's why they don't claim to know the cause. If they had a theory of it, it would be accepted as 'truth' since there are no opposing theories.

That could've been worded better, you're right.

Dream Theater

#355    Theater of Dreams

Theater of Dreams

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:06 AM

View Postnotforgotten, on 03 May 2013 - 11:17 PM, said:

So cancer and migraines? Those are lies too?
https://en.wikipedia...ophrenia#Causes
Here. Read up. With an open mind, you'll find these psychiatrists you're incriminating are doing more for schizophrenics than faith is.

Dream Theater

#356    notforgotten

notforgotten

Psychic Spy

• 1,093 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:07 PM

View PostTheater of Dreams, on 04 May 2013 - 03:06 AM, said:

Here. Read up. With an open mind, you'll find these psychiatrists you're incriminating are doing more for schizophrenics than faith is.
So what precisely are they doing more?... prescribing medication that causes other illnesses like diabetes! They say that there is no cure and that it is a life long disease. It is not medication that is allowing people to go back to work, but the remission to the sin that is causing the schizophrenia in the first place. Complete obedience to God could get rid of the schizophrenia all together. And Jesus will deliver their souls from this evil, our enemies, the devils for all of eternity. Can psychiatry do that?...no!!!

Psalms 23 The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; he leadeth me beside still waters. He restoreth my soul; he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff comfort me. Thou prepares a table before me in the presence of my enemies; Thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

Edited by notforgotten, 04 May 2013 - 09:12 PM.

#357    notforgotten

notforgotten

Psychic Spy

• 1,093 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:39 PM

1 Peter 5:8-11 Be sober and vigilant. Your opponent the devil is prowling around like a roaring lion looking for [someone] to devour. Resist him, steadfast in faith, knowing that your fellow believers throughout the world undergo the same sufferings. The God of all grace who called you to his eternal glory through Christ [Jesus} will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you after you have suffered a little. To him be dominion forever. Amen.

#358    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:04 PM

View Postnotforgotten, on 04 May 2013 - 09:07 PM, said:

So what precisely are they doing more?... prescribing medication that causes other illnesses like diabetes!

Which is a small risk compared to living a completely non-functional life.

They say that there is no cure and that it is a life long disease.

No. They don't say it is necessarily a life-long disease. As I've said at least three times now there exists "acute schizophrenia" which can appear and disappear. Many acute schizophrenics simply stop having schizophrenic episodes at some point in their lives.

You clearly haven't spent any time studying this disease. If you're really interested in helping these people I would highly recommend that you read some books on the subject. There are several books full of case studies. Once you read them you'll understand why your theory is completely wrong.

It is not medication that is allowing people to go back to work, but the remission to the sin that is causing the schizophrenia in the first place.

No, it is the medication. I've seen schizophrenics who were completely disassociated from reality become nearly lucid after being medicated for a couple of hours, therefore it has to be the medication that is causing this effect. By your theory the medication made the evil spirits "go away" so medication must be a good thing.

Complete obedience to God could get rid of the schizophrenia all together. And Jesus will deliver their souls from this evil, our enemies, the devils for all of eternity. Can psychiatry do that?...no!!!

Can Jesus do that? No, it cannot. That is why you have no examples, no evidence, no clinical studies, and absolute nothing to back up your medieval fantasy world of demonic possession.

After all, schizophrenia is most common in Christian cultures so Jesus isn't helping them. The disease is relatively rare in non-Christian countries excluding Russia and the countries of the former Soviet Union. Japan has one of the lowest rates of schizophrenia per capita in the developed countries according to the WHO yet Christians are only 1% of the population. Even odder, Thailand has a much higher rate than Japan (nearly as high as U.S. per capita) and their population is only 0.7% Christian. See, schizophrenia has no statistical connection to Christianity.

So screaming your theory over and over is a silly waste of time when simply statistical data completely disproves it.

Psalms 23 The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not...

Did you just cure someone's schizophrenia? I didn't think so.

#359    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:06 PM

View PostTheater of Dreams, on 04 May 2013 - 03:06 AM, said:

So cancer and migraines? Those are lies too?

Yet for some reason "notforgotten" doesn't believe diabetes is a lie.

Edited by scowl, 04 May 2013 - 11:06 PM.

#360    notforgotten

notforgotten

Psychic Spy

• 1,093 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:15 PM

View Postscowl, on 04 May 2013 - 11:06 PM, said:

Yet for some reason "notforgotten" doesn't believe diabetes is a lie.
My focus is on schizophrenia. Your generalizations are irrelevant.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users