Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Facebook declining

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16    Mantis914

Mantis914

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

• You have shown me a strange image, and they are strange prisoners. Plato

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

I know one thing for sure.  People don't play the games like they used to.  I used to catch my old boss playing Farmville whenever I would be waiting for reports to come out...

#17    Moon Gazer

Moon Gazer

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

• Stonewylde.... follow me to Stonewylde....

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:41 PM

I still love Facebook.  It's my main source of staying in touch with friends and family.  Only game I play on there is Candy Crush which is annoyingly addictive.

#18    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 12,287 posts

• - God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi -

"Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

I use FB like a liquor store run these days ... go in - grab - pay - out the door ....

He who postpones the hour of living rightly ... is like the rustic who waits for the river to run out ... before he crosses.
Horace - Roman lyric poet & satirist 65 BC - 8 BC
~

third_eye cavern ~ bring own beer

#19    Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

• Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today...
    As You don't know what tomorrow bring's.......

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:42 PM

I have never had a personal FB account, and never will, I personally dont see what people see in FB TBH
In the past I did have an account on FB, made up with bogus detail's (name DOB etc) just for an online game that I used to play(used to get extra thing's if used FB)
I do not see why people are so eager to post anything and everything personal on FB or the net

Posted Image

#20    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,151 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:48 PM

i don't know if anyone's heard about this new thing I believe they're trying out; Twitter, is it called? I don't know if anyone's tried that yet. I don't know if it'll catch on myself.

:blush:

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.

#21    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,761 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:52 PM

For me it is very simple: If I want to trade my personal data for their gain I expect a little more than a Faerie Garden or Farmville game... that is way to cheap for mine.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#22    WolvenHeart7

WolvenHeart7

Alien Abducter

• 4,616 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:56 PM

Too much drama and ridiculousness on that site. I also don't really care what everyone is doing 24/7.
I don't know why I still have it, because the only reason I kept it was to get in touch with certain people.. and I haven't haha Now I realize that I could just save myself the headache and delete the thing.. :tu:

#23    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 17,154 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:05 PM

I have a FB account that I haven't looked at for over 2 years, maybe more like 3.  I never closed the account I just stopped checking.

#24    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:10 PM

I couldnt figure out how to close my account so it just sits there idle.

#25    mysticwerewolf

mysticwerewolf

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

• I'm baaaaaack

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:36 PM

have only had facebook sinse October 2012, have six friends, three of which are family  and I wish i'd never met the other three.  I got it so I could place a resume there then when I looked it over I said "no way in .... am I going to post a resume here"  never bothered to get rid of it. really should but it is the only way to keep in touch with some family members.

#26    whitelight

whitelight

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:49 AM

I opened an account a couple years ago because my sis told me is was a good way to keep up with what the niece and nephew were up to.  They've pretty much left.

#27    village_idiot

village_idiot

Sea Shepherd Conservation Society Land Volunteer

• 2,271 posts

• "Are you willing to risk your life to save whales?"
    -Captain Paul Watson

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:44 AM

I don't see a big problem with FB...I run a weekly internet radio/blog/podcast that makes its home on FB, Youtube and Twitter...

#28    Nefer-Ankhe

Nefer-Ankhe

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 192 posts

• "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:42 AM

I really dislike the big FB now, It is basically now for the ones who want to argue with one and other or for those who are self absorbed, and in the midst of that, the news feed is utter #@*!, filled with ultimatums, e.g. "like this or you will die" and "like this or this will happen to you".... just blah!

"It is of course the height of irony that, after this intensive campaign to expunge them from the annals of Egypt, the Amarna pharaohs are today probably the most recognized of all the country's ancient rulers."

--- from Amarna Sunset, Aidan Dodson.

#29    chopmo

chopmo

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 342 posts

• aaaah rabble rabble rabble rabble

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:18 AM

Could it be that because of so many reports now they are actually cleaning out crappy accounts. You gotta think just about every person has a friend on their account with a fake profile posting crap constantly. So on average 7 people will share the same person in a group, so 1 out of 7 has access to a fake/spam/bot account. That'd be far to say that would cause a fairly mass decrease in accounts. Especially if they have taken duplicates into consideration now because of the amount of intergration when before wasn't as good.

And you know what really grinds my gears...
All in all I'm not a social media fiend and fb is now more like my msn messenger, saves me having to pick up my phone and text while I'm trying to read internet stuff :P. But I think Facebook is a necessary step for people to realise to stay out of everyones business, or it's creating a portion of the populations that use it into a **** you and **** everything mindset haha. I haven't been involved in a fb drama but see them break out almost nearly every awoken hour which has caused me to care less about it and treat it like msn haha. tbhwtf is with the constant feed being of people sharing groups meme's, some are funny but fm the fact it post's those over actual status updates that aren't included in my "Top News" which by the way htf can facebook choose what I wanna read or not :P

*end rant*

why is everyone so &^%$ing concerned with "the end"...
new beginnings is what you should be concerned about...

#30    Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Facebook Fiend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

• Your blood's worth bottling!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:19 PM

I've heard quite a lot of disparaging remarks here.Facebook has truly got up a few people's noses.But take note of my avatar and don't panic.Because Facebook is absolutely brilliant.

You can say what you like but you can't ignore a basic truth.If it wasn't for Facebook and other social networking sites the Internet would be as dull as dishwater.Even since my ex workmate has finally decided to join after eight months Facebook has livened up to the extent where I've had a second wind.There's a running joke where I've become part of a trio called the "Three Dons".Out of all the ex Remploy Oldhamites us three have contributed about 80% of the actual posting between us.The other "friends" can't get in a word edgeways because we've hugging the conversation.After a quiet winter it's actually started to be fun again.It dosn't matter how many spambots there is or how many people type 1 to see some split ends.

But most importantly Facebook has given me a fresh prospective on something I posted here a month ago.And it goes without saying that if I didn't have a Facebook account how in blue blazes would I have a job in the first place.So I'm going to defend Facebook to all comers till I'm blue in the face.

However harping back to Frank's post I do have a couple of "friends" that shouldn't be there.An Asian girl with clipboard in her hand and a lap-dancer/stripper with furry boots.My sister is also keen on Candy Crush albeit a little frustrated.

Swindon Town:  Division Two Champions 2011-12.
Proud member of Macdonald's Red Army since 1989.
Up the Robins!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users