Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Facebook declining

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,253 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

I still use the crap out of Facebook. I wouldn't have much of a real social life without it. It's my primary resource for what's going on on the weekends, and it's my primary resources for dinner and lunch dates with friends, I don't play games on Facebook, in fact, I have them all blocked. Mostly, it's an amazing social calendar tool for those of us who like to actually get out of the house and be social and keep in contact with friends near and far. I don't add people I don't know, and I keep my account locked down tight. I don't go around liking product pages or other advertising. I will occasionally like a local business, and in most cases, I know the owner of the business. If you use Facebook properly, maintain your lists, watch what you say, and maintain your account security, it's a fabulous tool.

I don't use any other social media tools.

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

#32    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,368 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:44 PM

My wife was born overseas and traveled the world widely so it allows her to communicate and keep up with widely scattered acquaintances and old friends thet it would be dificult to keep up with otherwise.

Nice midterms democrats.  As Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#33    Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Facebook Fiend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

• Your blood's worth bottling!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:14 PM

There's one other thing...

I also like Facebook because there's four different ways of posting pictures there.You can use a photo-sharing site like Flickr but your rationed to only a few a week.You can plunder other Facebook pages providing the guys in charge don't get too angry about it.You can take pictures from your IPad but it's very tricky doing self-portraits because my hand keeps appearing in frame.You can also rub your finger against a Google image until you get the "save picture" icon.But it's a bit hit and miss and so far I've had a success rate of two out of fifty attempts with that idea.Whatever system I use it gets sent automatically but one of of my Flickr pictures was out of focus.

However I use these pictures to show off Ty and Kayla,to illustrate a point or just to take the michael out of my Facebook buddies.So I could use their surnames in some weird product placement and pretend it's their business.

Edited by G Donnelly, 29 April 2013 - 08:14 PM.

Swindon Town:  Division Two Champions 2011-12.
Proud member of Macdonald's Red Army since 1989.
Up the Robins!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users