Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Man murdered at internet cafe while gamers

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,465 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:36 PM

Several people were inside the internet cafe when the man was murdered. Although the incident took place in front of several individuals, no one bothered to help the victim fight off his assailant.

After the stabbing took place, several people simply stood around the man’s body. One female gamer reportedly continued to play her game despite the fact that blood had splattered on her clothes. The murder was captured on the cafe’s surveillance system.

Man Murdered At Internet Cafe, Gamers Continue Playing

Don't think I could of just kept playing with blood splattering on me or would want to.

Are people really getting this disconnected?

#2    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,564 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:09 PM

People suck.

We need a plague.

People have gone beyond selfish and greedy. To actually find compassion, and sharing, from people is hard to do, especially strangers. Popularity, and " I am above that " mentallity has taken over.

People suck, period.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#3    Mnemonix

Mnemonix

Alien Abducter

• Closed
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:23 PM

Of course the gamers kept on playing!

They don't want to lose a life because they took their attention away from their game!

#4    Nathan DiYorio

Nathan DiYorio

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

• Bitter words with sweet flavor are poison just the same.

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:23 PM

I'm not sure about Taiwan, but a lot of Asian citizens make a living playing games. I wouldn't doubt if the people in that cafe had a job to protect, and leaving the keyboard to assist could have cost them it.

I really don't think this is a societal or species disconnect so much as it is cultural programming (defend your livelihood before another's).

Posted Image

#5    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,564 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:41 PM

People are justifying these actions in this thread already....

Disgusting. As I said, people suck.

There is NO excuse to not help another person, none.

It is how people have become, selfish, and greedy. And only care about themselves. It will only get worse.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#6    jtsmith

jtsmith

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:43 PM

Wow. Just wow.

#7    pitchp

pitchp

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 210 posts

• "I go when I want to go. To prolong life would be tasteless"
    Albert Einstein

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

View PostSakari, on 14 April 2013 - 07:09 PM, said:

People suck.

We need a plague.

People have gone beyond selfish and greedy. To actually find compassion, and sharing, from people is hard to do, especially strangers. Popularity, and " I am above that " mentallity has taken over.

People suck, period.

i agree, it's getting worse brother.

"The truth is out there. We are all searching for it."
   PitchP

#8    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:58 PM

Pretty much what Sakari said. The world gets worse every day. Wouldn't be suprised if we do ahve a plague at soem point. Even if nature brings it on.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#9    Star of the Sea

Star of the Sea

Pienso en ti siempre

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts

• 'The light of the world'

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:58 PM

Isn't it just the worse thing on this earth to see the lack of love and compassion for one another? Shocking beyond words. :no:

"Love one another as I have loved you" John 15:9-17

#10    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:12 PM

Geez....how can these people sleep at night?  They need to be jailed.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#11    notoverrated

notoverrated

O.O

• 1,244 posts

• courage > scooby

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:15 PM

oh wow.......thats crazy O.o

If your not after beauty, then why are you even drawing breath?

#12    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,598 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:32 PM

Who here would stand between a man with a knife and the victim? I wouldn't unless i had training or a weapon. I mean, i am not a martial arts expert, i don't carry a weapon and i have a family that needs a father/husband.

#13    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,564 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:00 PM

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 14 April 2013 - 09:32 PM, said:

Who here would stand between a man with a knife and the victim? I wouldn't unless i had training or a weapon. I mean, i am not a martial arts expert, i don't carry a weapon and i have a family that needs a father/husband.

I would.....As I know he may have a family that needs him also. And, I hope someone would do the same for me.

Not hard, especially when there ie more then one person there to jump his ass, hit him over the head with anything.....At least try to save a fricken life, and not be only thinking of yourself........You would just stand there and ignore it, or watch it like it were a pay per view event?

What if you were the " victim "????????

Most of the time, in a situation like this, once the person see's he/she is out numbered, they will stop.

As I said, people suck, are selfish, and only think of themselves.

Edit to add :

I have done this......

Edited by Sakari, 14 April 2013 - 10:06 PM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#14    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,465 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:38 PM

I hope I would help him even if all I did was throw a chair at the man with the knife.  I know I couldn't just sit there continuing to play a game even if my job was at stake.

#15    Nathan DiYorio

Nathan DiYorio

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

• Bitter words with sweet flavor are poison just the same.

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:55 PM

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 14 April 2013 - 09:32 PM, said:

Been there more than once before I even graduated from my Freshmen year of high school.

Disarming somebody who has a short range weapon, such as a knife (does not count for larger knives such as machetes) is more about being calm and studying how your opponent is moving than it is about being particularly well versed in techniques. Although knowing anatomy can help as well, because for tougher individuals it might just be easier to eat the blade in a part of you where it won't do much damage, then grab the attacker's arms so they can't pull it out.

Again, I wouldn't recommend unarmed disarm if your assailant is using a very large knife. I primarily encountered knives of six inches or shorter. The instances where a larger weapon was used, I found it best to be armed with something bigger and play keep away.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users