Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Secret Soviet UFO studies revealed

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#31    SwampgasBalloonBoy

SwampgasBalloonBoy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:54 AM

If there is nothing to this subject, why are so many former officials talking about it? They are human like you and I. They obviously saw things that impress them. I don't ask people who haven't seen it to believe in this kind of thing, everyone know how difficult it is. We all have thing we don't believe in, right? But I don't believe  for a second that everyone who has seen something were misidentifying rockets in flight or some secrete airplanes.

There are some basic characteristics to man made flying objects. They either have wings or are filled with air. They are also very noisy. Things filled with air don't fly very fast. When we see something flying very, very fast without any noise and no visible wings, what could it be? Misidentified rockets or airplanes?....Most likely not!

#32    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,369 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:23 AM

View PostAndromedan Starseed 333, on 15 April 2013 - 07:09 PM, said:

does Russia still look into UFO reports though?i hope they do as well as any other nation if the united states won't someone else has to.mainstream science should look into this as well.i mean what are you afraid of?

The US does look, the woo woo sites blew McDonald's speech, science in default out of proportion to make this seem the case. It is a great deal more professional these days, and things like "Blue Book" are a waste of time, and redundant in this day and age, the real work is done by Astrobiologist's  Astronomers, Meteorologists, Geologists, Physicists and many other I am sure I have forgotten to mention that actually hold decent qualifications and study this field in depth, much more so than the early military investigation attempts, that only served to muddy already muddy waters. It's just called "study" today, not UFO chasing, that's why most don't get it. They want some flashy group title that serves the imagination like Alien Crash Task-force or some such nonsense. Too many movies maybe.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#33    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,369 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:36 AM

View PostSwampgasBalloonBoy, on 16 April 2013 - 03:54 AM, said:

If there is nothing to this subject, why are so many former officials talking about it? They are human like you and I.

I would suggest you list them. UFO sites list anyone they can think of, some even say Buzz Aldrin saw a UFO on Apollo 11, yet even Buzz says that's horse hockey.

With regards to UFO sightings, indeed there is a common denominator of man, however, taking the equation further, man has a common denominator too - human error. Like how I call it "man" but spread the blame with error? :devil: That should give Bee a rise LOL.

Look at Hellyer. He is mad as a cut snake and I doubt anyone can prove otherwise. Have you read his nonsense? He even claims human and alien pilots have chats about flight manoeuvres. I mean fair go. Canadian Pollie, so he gets a wrap as trustworthy, so do all these officials, but when they say "no UFO" they are not to be trusted at all, and are automatically assumed to be lying! Talk about having a cake and eating it too! A UFO positive Pollie is salt of the earth, a UFO negative Pollie is a liar and in on the cover up. Seems a bridge to far to me.

Yeah, I know what the hell good is cake if you can't eat it, but you know what I mean.

They obviously saw things that impress them.

Some say so, some admit not, but that - the people who say NO to aliens -  is not a bother. The news sources tell us Edgar Mitchell has inside information, but he does not. Haut claims he did not see a craft at Roswell, then he says he did see one, and the description he gave makes no sense. These people are all over the shop, in any other instance, such conflicting information would just be binned. It is only not so here because of the ET component and the woo woo websites.

I don't ask people who haven't seen it to believe in this kind of thing, everyone know how difficult it is. We all have thing we don't believe in, right? But I don't believe  for a second that everyone who has seen something were misidentifying rockets in flight or some secrete airplanes.

You know I have had a sighting, and I expect ET to exist, and I think we can cross space, given time, yet still the nonsense that passes as the ETH is really nothing short of embarrassing to the species for the most part.

There are some basic characteristics to man made flying objects. They either have wings or are filled with air. They are also very noisy. Things filled with air don't fly very fast. When we see something flying very, very fast without any noise and no visible wings, what could it be? Misidentified rockets or airplanes?....Most likely not!

It could also be

Parallax Error
Distance (sound haas to travel)
Wind sheer
Local conditions
Atmospheric conditions

to name a few.But I think it is crazy to think the UFO phenomena has merely but one answer. If ET is any part of that, with all the possibilites out there, the proof must be tangible. All we see is evidence that is very, very loose.

Edited by psyche101, 16 April 2013 - 04:38 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#34    Kludge808

Kludge808

Forum god of all things

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

• Proud Member of the Geriatric Squadron
    Proud Member of the Thinking Class

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:22 AM

Errr, very possibly.  I was a pilot - not high time, only around 1000 or so hours  - and have seen airliners at altitude that were being hit by the sun so only the fuselage was visible.  For all practical appearances they were the classic cigar-shaped UFOs however a fast call to ATC or the local approach control, dependent on who was handy at the time, identified them for me.  OTOH, I've seen things in the air that the same type of call was of no help.  When asked if I wanted to make a report, my answer was the same as one of the pilots in CE3K, "No, sir.  I wouldn't know what to report anyway."  To me, they remain unidentified.  Not aliens, just UAPs - unknown aerial phenomena.

But then, I'm not an FTB and don't go "Oooh, AIL-E-UNZ!!!" every time I see something I can't identify.  Or hear of something that has been designated "unknown" or something someone believes us poor hairless apes could never have done.  (Psyche, you know who/what I'm talking about. ;))  I question everything and dig in to find answers when I can.  It's amazing what one finds that way rather than just running off like a total idiot yelling "AIL-E-UNZ!" at the slightest provocation.  Sadly, doing real research is beyond the capabilities of way too many people but then there are those who do "shape linguistics" and other oddities who try to pass themselves off as ... well, something.  Certainly not engineers or "researchers."

Whirled Infamous Author and all around really strange person
Not a complete idiot.  Some pieces are missing.

One of UM's Happy Mutants

#35    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,369 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:00 AM

View PostKludge808, on 16 April 2013 - 07:22 AM, said:

.  Or hear of something that has been designated "unknown" or something someone believes us poor hairless apes could never have done.  (Psyche, you know who/what I'm talking about. ;))  

Yeah, I know who you mean.

Posted Image

#36    Kludge808

Kludge808

Forum god of all things

• 1,741 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:11 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 16 April 2013 - 08:00 AM, said:

Yeah, I know who you mean.

Posted Image
ROFL ... that should have been posted in the other thread ... :-D

#37    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 5,591 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:12 AM

View PostEsoteric Toad, on 15 April 2013 - 06:05 PM, said:

The earth shattering images line was a bit tongue in cheek. It seems as we gain the ability to capture life in real time the alien/UFO phenomena has become rarer. Why were there so many photographs back in the day when film cameras were more fiddly than even my super cheapo cell. Hit one button and that is all?

The idea that as our personal access to capture picutres and video has advanced and it just so happens that the aliens/ufos have buggered off is silly and sounds like a convenient excuse to me.

JMO.

yes but how many real photo's of the phenomenon were there really?

granted sightings (or at least claimed sightings) have dropped of and seemed to peak for the 20-30 year period, however, even though I have not done so, I feel there may be some link to be found with Nuclear weapons and such advances in technology....maybe they thought they needed a closer look at what we were doing...they then saw what we had and didnt feel the need for further high vigilance...

I guess they looked at our weapons and as crocodile dundee said...'you call that a knife? that aint no knife..this is a knife'

#38    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,369 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:13 AM

View PostKludge808, on 16 April 2013 - 08:11 AM, said:

ROFL ... that should have been posted in the other thread ... :-D

We have to keep the overlords happy :D

Posted Image

Edited by psyche101, 16 April 2013 - 08:16 AM.

#39    Kludge808

Kludge808

Forum god of all things

• 1,741 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:17 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 16 April 2013 - 08:13 AM, said:

We have to keep the overlords happy :D

Posted Image
ROFLMAO!  But wait, those are the AA who did all that rock stuff, aren't they?

#40    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,369 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:22 AM

View Postquillius, on 16 April 2013 - 08:12 AM, said:

yes but how many real photo's of the phenomenon were there really?

granted sightings (or at least claimed sightings) have dropped of and seemed to peak for the 20-30 year period, however, even though I have not done so, I feel there may be some link to be found with Nuclear weapons and such advances in technology....maybe they thought they needed a closer look at what we were doing...they then saw what we had and didnt feel the need for further high vigilance...

I guess they looked at our weapons and as crocodile dundee said...'you call that a knife? that aint no knife..this is a knife'

With the Nuclear age predating, and surpassing the emergence of Kenneth Arnolds sighting, there have been thousands of Nuclear detonations, with no UFO intervention, as well as the very fact that Patrick Hugyhe illustrates in Swamp Gas Times that there is no correlation between UFO's and nuclear sites.

You not pushing Hasting's twaddle are you?

#41    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,369 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:25 AM

View PostKludge808, on 16 April 2013 - 08:17 AM, said:

ROFLMAO!  But wait, those are the AA who did all that rock stuff, aren't they?

Yeah, that is how they got those fine lines, millions of the little buggers all over a boulder turning it into something they wanted to screw the minds of future generations with. It's not worship, it was just one big joke :D

#42    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 5,591 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:27 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 16 April 2013 - 08:22 AM, said:

With the Nuclear age predating, and surpassing the emergence of Kenneth Arnolds sighting, there have been thousands of Nuclear detonations, with no UFO intervention, as well as the very fact that Patrick Hugyhe illustrates in Swamp Gas Times that there is no correlation between UFO's and nuclear sites.

You not pushing Hasting's twaddle are you?

I didnt mention intervention but heightened monitoring. Could this have been spy technology at work? guess so.....would this have increased reports during said period...yes.

ok no correlation (according to Patrick) so lets say I agree. I would argue the point of correlation being time not location/sites.

#43    lost_shaman

lost_shaman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,986 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:39 AM

It would help if eveyone learned/ageed to the actual definition of UFO. i.e. an object or light that by its characteristics defies KNOWN natural or manmade phenomena AFTER crital examination.

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

#44    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 5,591 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:44 AM

View Postlost_shaman, on 16 April 2013 - 08:39 AM, said:

It would help if eveyone learned/ageed to the actual definition of UFO. i.e. an object or light that by its characteristics defies KNOWN natural or manmade phenomena AFTER crital examination.

hello LS, hope you have been well.

How would you classify Hessdalen Phenomenon in this regard?

I ask because I assume it would still come under 'unknown' natural phenomenon as opposed to known, right?

#45    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,369 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:48 AM

View Postquillius, on 16 April 2013 - 08:27 AM, said:

I didnt mention intervention but heightened monitoring. Could this have been spy technology at work? guess so.....would this have increased reports during said period...yes.

ok no correlation (according to Patrick) so lets say I agree. I would argue the point of correlation being time not location/sites.

No, I agree, I mentioned intervention as a point that has not happened, despite some wild claims. The first detonation was in 1945, 2 years before Kenneth Arnold, and continues today, I do not see the connection? What would you put down as correlation?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users