Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

The Gold Chain of Huascar

gold chainlost treasure inca huaina capac huáscar inca

  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16    Abramelin

Abramelin

    -

  • Member
  • 18,121 posts
  • Joined:07 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

  • God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:31 PM

 The_Spartan, on 16 April 2013 - 01:50 PM, said:

Multiply 800ft of a pure gold chain with todays gold rates!! :w00t:

Even if you find it, try to smuggle that 'necklace' out of Peru, lol.


#17    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

    Coffee expert extraordinair

  • Member
  • 3,845 posts
  • Joined:16 Jun 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Belgium

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:13 AM

All depends if you want it to stay in the same form or if you only want the actual gold itself really. There are quite a few possibilities I can think of and I'm no smuggler

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#18    Abramelin

Abramelin

    -

  • Member
  • 18,121 posts
  • Joined:07 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

  • God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:15 PM

 TheSearcher, on 17 April 2013 - 11:13 AM, said:

All depends if you want it to stay in the same form or if you only want the actual gold itself really. There are quite a few possibilities I can think of and I'm no smuggler

Really?

"a golden cable (...) so thick that six hundred Indian chieftains could scarcely lift it"


#19    lightly

lightly

    metaphysical therapist

  • Member
  • 6,075 posts
  • Joined:01 Apr 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Michigan U.S.A.

  • "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:13 PM

Wow.. if that's ^ true...  six hundred 'indian chieftains'   'scarcely lifting'  even 80 pounds each,   would add up to 48,000 Pounds of Gold !  .. 768,000  Ounces!    

       ..at $1500.00  an ounce,  my calculator came up with a  number   i don't understand  lol

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#20    Quaentum

Quaentum

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts
  • Joined:03 Aug 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • The number of fringe believers is inversely proportional to what is left to discover in our world.

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:16 PM

 Abramelin, on 17 April 2013 - 02:15 PM, said:

Really?

"a golden cable (...) so thick that six hundred Indian chieftains could scarcely lift it"

Get a used military ship, coil it on the deck like rope and spray paint it off white.

AA LOGIC
They didn't use thousands of workers - oops forgot about the work camps
There's no evidence for ramps - You found one?...Bummer
Well we know they didn't use ancient tools to cut and shape the stones - Chisel marks?  Craps
I still say aliens built them!

#21    Abramelin

Abramelin

    -

  • Member
  • 18,121 posts
  • Joined:07 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

  • God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:50 PM

 Quaentum, on 18 April 2013 - 04:16 PM, said:

Get a used military ship, coil it on the deck like rope and spray paint it off white.

Piece of cake... NOT.

You want to stay unnoticed, right?

If Lightly is right with his 48,000 pounds of gold, it would take an army to transport that amount to the ship.


#22    Abramelin

Abramelin

    -

  • Member
  • 18,121 posts
  • Joined:07 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

  • God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:23 PM

 lightly, on 18 April 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

Wow.. if that's ^ true...  six hundred 'indian chieftains'   'scarcely lifting'  even 80 pounds each,   would add up to 48,000 Pounds of Gold !  .. 768,000  Ounces!

   ..at $1500.00  an ounce,  my calculator came up with a  number   i don't understand  lol

768,000 * 1500 = 1,152,000,000

ONE BILLION and a 152 million dollars, Gawd...

And I am too afraid to open my mailbox because of all the letters I get from debt collectors treatening me with all kinds of scheise.

My intercom is off, always. That was the smartest thing I did in my life, lol.

My dreams are most often about finding a wallet of some rich guy...

And then this... a golden treasure worth more than a billion dollars.


.

Edited by Abramelin, 18 April 2013 - 05:33 PM.


#23    lightly

lightly

    metaphysical therapist

  • Member
  • 6,075 posts
  • Joined:01 Apr 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Michigan U.S.A.

  • "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:27 PM

 Abramelin, on 18 April 2013 - 05:23 PM, said:

768,000 * 1500 = 1,152,000,000

ONE BILLION and a 152 million dollars, Gawd...

And I am too afraid to open my mailbox because of all the letters I get from debt collectors treatening me with all kinds of scheise.

My intercom is off, always. That was the smartest thing I did in my life, lol.

My dreams are most often about finding a wallet of some rich guy...

And then this... a golden treasure worth more than a billion dollars.


.

  hehe  yup,  gives me Gold Fever too!     If the chieftains could  lift  100 pounds each ...... yolks!     1.44 billllllllion

Maybe it could be smuggled out in a really really really long parade! :w00t:

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#24    Abramelin

Abramelin

    -

  • Member
  • 18,121 posts
  • Joined:07 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

  • God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:34 PM

Man, give me money for a ticket to Peru, and I will find that damn gold.

I have nothing left to lose.


#25    lightly

lightly

    metaphysical therapist

  • Member
  • 6,075 posts
  • Joined:01 Apr 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Michigan U.S.A.

  • "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:59 PM

I would  Abramelin,  if i was rich........    I was thinking though .. i wonder how much Gold has been hidden by people and then,  for whatever reasons,  NEVER recovered!?
  I bet it's a LOT

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#26    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

    Spartan Forever!!!!

  • Member
  • 3,739 posts
  • Joined:31 Mar 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Abu Dhabi, UAE

  • Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:33 PM

Posted Image

There!! You have a ball park to search.
Get your scuba gear ready and pray for your ticket.


and you can also search  for the Lost Treasure of the Llanganatis. You can refer to the Guzman's Treasure Map.

Posted Image

Edited by The_Spartan, 18 April 2013 - 10:41 PM.

"Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.-Napoleon Hill

Follow my stupid posts on Tumblr at Azrael's Ramblings

#27    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

    Coffee expert extraordinair

  • Member
  • 3,845 posts
  • Joined:16 Jun 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Belgium

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:13 AM

 Abramelin, on 17 April 2013 - 02:15 PM, said:

Really?

"a golden cable (...) so thick that six hundred Indian chieftains could scarcely lift it"

Really. Also it depends on what interpretation you use of the "golden cable". It's also bee described as a cable with golden things attached to it. Besides I did say that if there is no objections to melting the thing..... Then you can 'transport it in tiny bits and sell the gold that way. Hide it in different forms and ship it as another similar yet worthless metal.... Gods possibilities are there.

If however you would want to ship it out in one unchanged piece, then yes, that would present a few problems.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#28    Abramelin

Abramelin

    -

  • Member
  • 18,121 posts
  • Joined:07 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

  • God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:11 AM

 TheSearcher, on 19 April 2013 - 09:13 AM, said:

Really. Also it depends on what interpretation you use of the "golden cable". It's also bee described as a cable with golden things attached to it. Besides I did say that if there is no objections to melting the thing..... Then you can 'transport it in tiny bits and sell the gold that way. Hide it in different forms and ship it as another similar yet worthless metal.... Gods possibilities are there.

If however you would want to ship it out in one unchanged piece, then yes, that would present a few problems.

Yes,it has been described as a cable with golden things attached to it.... by modern writers. All the chroniclers talk about a pure golden chain.

From your link (page 1 of this thread):

“Among the fantastic treasures reported on the imperial highway,” said Connell, “was a gold chain about 800 feet long – either a chain or a multicolored rope embellished with gold plates – which was so heavy that 200 Indians carried it.

Novelist Evan S. Connell

-

Berkeley professor emeritus John Howland Rowe – a leading expert in Peruvian archaeology and an admirer of Cobo – is skeptical about the existence of the Golden Chain. He told this writer that if such a ritual artifact actually existed, it was probably not a chain but rather a rope. The Incas had no experience with link chains prior to the Spanish conquest, he says. It could have been a fiber rope, adorned with gold plaques or other decoration, Rowe concedes. This is consistent with the Huascar story: His name means “rope.” Garcilaso says this word was used because the Inca language lacked a more exact term for “chain.

http://www.aramcoexp...e-golden-chain/


#29    Myles

Myles

    Alien Abducter

  • Member
  • 4,818 posts
  • Joined:08 Jan 2007
  • Gender:Male

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:36 AM

I would go with the melting it down plan.   You couldn't sell it otherwise.  Not for what the gold is worth anyway.   You'd be tied up in court for years.


#30    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

    Coffee expert extraordinair

  • Member
  • 3,845 posts
  • Joined:16 Jun 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Belgium

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:46 AM

 Abramelin, on 19 April 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

Yes,it has been described as a cable with golden things attached to it.... by modern writers. All the chroniclers talk about a pure golden chain.

From your link (page 1 of this thread):

“Among the fantastic treasures reported on the imperial highway,” said Connell, “was a gold chain about 800 feet long – either a chain or a multicolored rope embellished with gold plates – which was so heavy that 200 Indians carried it.

Novelist Evan S. Connell

-

Berkeley professor emeritus John Howland Rowe – a leading expert in Peruvian archaeology and an admirer of Cobo – is skeptical about the existence of the Golden Chain. He told this writer that if such a ritual artifact actually existed, it was probably not a chain but rather a rope. The Incas had no experience with link chains prior to the Spanish conquest, he says. It could have been a fiber rope, adorned with gold plaques or other decoration, Rowe concedes. This is consistent with the Huascar story: His name means “rope.” Garcilaso says this word was used because the Inca language lacked a more exact term for “chain.

http://www.aramcoexp...e-golden-chain/

OK fair enough, this still doesn't make it impossible. Smelting still seems the best solution, like Myles said, any other way will leave you stuck in court for ages.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users