Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Cameron hails 'big day for welfare reform'

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:27 PM

• Benefits cap limiting handouts to £500-a-week comes into force
  • Prime Minister says it is 'amazing' that Labour opposes the policy
  • Government claims 8,000 people affected have already found work instead
  • One in 10 families hit by cap has six or more children
View: Full article here

Posted Image

#2    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:24 PM

I hate that arrogant ****. Commenting on where tax money goes when heis family are notorious for haivng offshore cocunts. That's why he is so well off. Tax dodging.

In fairness though I don't see a rpoblem witt the cap, I don't beleive the "8,000 people affected have already found work instead" is true at all. lol

I also know for a fact a lot of people don't get anywhere near £500 a week. lol

Most don't even get that a month. The rich greedy goverment like giving the working class a lower class to blame for things though, so they don't see who really takes all the money for themselves.

Edited by Coffey, 15 April 2013 - 02:25 PM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,593 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:39 PM

Now if they will just go after the tax dodgers with the offshore accounts with the same vigor.  They cost a country more than the people drawing benefits but they are the rich and seem to get by with doing whatever they want.

Not that I think its is fine to sit on your rear end drawing benefits if you are able to work.  I don't know how it is in the UK but here most people on welfare really don't get enough to get by on but they get medicaid which enables them to go to the doctor when many working people can't.

#4    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:56 PM

You know this will not affect the people most likely cheating the system. It will effect the people who REALLY do need help.

#5    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:30 PM

View PostHilander, on 15 April 2013 - 02:39 PM, said:

Now if they will just go after the tax dodgers with the offshore accounts with the same vigor.  They cost a country more than the people drawing benefits but they are the rich and seem to get by with doing whatever they want.

Not that I think its is fine to sit on your rear end drawing benefits if you are able to work.  I don't know how it is in the UK but here most people on welfare really don't get enough to get by on but they get medicaid which enables them to go to the doctor when many working people can't.

Very unlikely that Cameron will pursue offshore accounts with any Vigour,just empty words on his part.He is Worth over 30 million himself so lets not delude ourselves that he isn't going to look after his own Interests.

As for Welfare,pay higher taxes and get better benefits on welfare or pay less tax and get less, it's as simple as that.It was never designed to be able to live on but to get you through until you found another Job.

Edited by shaddow134, 15 April 2013 - 03:31 PM.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#6    Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

• Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today...
    As You don't know what tomorrow bring's.......

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:54 PM

View PostCoffey, on 15 April 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

I also know for a fact a lot of people don't get anywhere near £500 a week. lol

They may be including housing benefit and council tax benefit in with that, and not just the actual benefit that people get to live on
But I doubt anyone gets that much a week, even including housing benefit and council tax benefit

I don't know how it is in the UK but here most people on welfare really don't get enough to get by on but they get medicaid which enables them to go to the doctor when many working people can't.

I am on benefit's, due to my Asperger's Syndrome etc, and I cannot afford to go to the doctor's/dentists etc (I have to pay for prescription's/dental work etc)  all because I get approx £10 or £20 more than what other people on benefit's get

I even have to pay rent and council tax, due to the above
With this new "bedroom tax" that they have bought out, it has doubled the rent I have to pay, even though the reason why I had this property I currently live in, is due to having my son stay weekend's, and at various other time's, which the housing know about

There is only one guaranteed outcome for the things that the UK government are doing, and that is it will make the rich richer and the poor, poorer and also make a lot of people homeless in the process, I may be one of those unfortunately

The politician's will also have more money in their pockets for luxury items, holidays etc, that they claim for on their expense accounts , which the taxpayer pays for

Posted Image

#7    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:03 PM

View PostJackofalltrades, on 15 April 2013 - 03:54 PM, said:

They may be including housing benefit and council tax benefit in with that, and not just the actual benefit that people get to live on
But I doubt anyone gets that much a week, even including housing benefit and council tax benefit

Going by someone living on thier own on Job seekers allowance, this is what they should get:

£12 a week Council tax
£71 a week Jjob seekers allowance
up to £290 a month Housing benefit

So that's up to £622 a month. So yeah you are right there.

But I was meaning more as int hey try their hardest not to pay people that. They make people have to go through loads of *** to get it.

There is only one guaranteed outcome for the things that the UK government are doing, and that is it will make the rich richer and the poor, poorer and also make a lot of people homeless in the process, I may be one of those unfortunately

Oh definitly. Usual practice by the goverment. :td:

am on benefit's, due to my Asperger's Syndrome etc, and I cannot afford to go to the doctor's/dentists etc (I have to pay for prescription's/dental work etc)  all because I get approx £10 or £20 more than what other people on benefit's get

This is what people need to realise. Just becuase there is a chance thta someone is just pure lazy and doens't want to work, you cannot punish eveyrone on benefits for that reaosn or it affects those who actually need it.

Have you tried speaking to the citizens advice bureau? they might be able to help out or something? Cause thta isn't fair at all.

System is a complete mess, things need to be changed. But our goverment will never chnage things for the better or make things the way they should be. Most people don't realise this and just blame others instead.

#8    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:06 PM

Now if they will just go after the tax dodgers with the offshore accounts with the same vigor.

The British goverment make sup msot of the tax dodgers with offshore accounts. So nothing will happen there.

David Cameron commented on the British Comedian Jimmy Carr when he was caught using an offshore account to tax dodge. He did it publically on twitter. When the reaosn he is rich is because his dad did exactly that. Utterly disgusting.

#9    Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

• Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today...
    As You don't know what tomorrow bring's.......

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:25 PM

View PostCoffey, on 15 April 2013 - 05:03 PM, said:

This is what people need to realise. Just becuase there is a chance thta someone is just pure lazy and doens't want to work, you cannot punish eveyrone on benefits for that reaosn or it affects those who actually need it.

There is definitely people that are ******** the system, I have seen it in the past with my own two eyes, just for one example, some person was driving to the jobcentre in a brand new car while signing on
There is a lot more people that are worse off than myself, and the governmnet are doing the exact same thing to them
The only people the government give a **** about is the bank's, the rich people and themselves

Have you tried speaking to the citizens advice bureau? they might be able to help out or something? Cause thta isn't fair at all.

Been there done that, they was no help at all, apparently it is the way it work's / the law

System is a complete mess, things need to be changed. But our goverment will never chnage things for the better or make things the way they should be. Most people don't realise this and just blame others instead.

The only way things will change is for the worse, they will not get any better
The way they have worked it is so people start fighting between themselves, while they are doing so, they (the government) can do whatever they want
I personally think they want more riot's etc, so they can have the excuse to bring in harsher laws/whatever laws they want

Edited by Jackofalltrades, 15 April 2013 - 05:26 PM.

Posted Image

#10    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:36 PM

View PostJackofalltrades, on 15 April 2013 - 05:25 PM, said:

There is definitely people that are ******** the system, I have seen it in the past with my own two eyes, just for one example, some person was driving to the jobcentre in a brand new car while signing on
There is a lot more people that are worse off than myself, and the governmnet are doing the exact same thing to them
The only people the government give a **** about is the bank's, the rich people and themselves

I don't have a car jsut now becuas eof money... That really annoys me. How the hell can you afford a car while on benefit.  Probably got their own "business".

Completely agree with the rest.

Been there done that, they was no help at all, apparently it is the way it work's / the law

That really sucks then.

The only way things will change is for the worse, they will not get any better
The way they have worked it is so people start fighting between themselves, while they are doing so, they (the government) can do whatever they want
I personally think they want more riot's etc, so they can have the excuse to bring in harsher laws/whatever laws they want

Agree with all of that.

#11    CatFromHell

CatFromHell

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:49 PM

What a win for the workers, Eh? Until they lower the minimum wage.

#12    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,132 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:37 PM

Channel 4 (i think) are doing a documentary about large families. Last night i watched an episode about an Pakistani family with 11 kids who have to survive on a measly £680 a week on benefits (dad hasn't worked for 11 years)  It was all i could do to hold back the tears ....

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#13    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:00 PM

View Postitsnotoutthere, on 16 April 2013 - 12:37 PM, said:

Channel 4 (i think) are doing a documentary about large families. Last night i watched an episode about an Pakistani family with 11 kids who have to survive on a measly £680 a week on benefits (dad hasn't worked for 11 years)  It was all i could do to hold back the tears ....

I turned it off after it started to wind me up, all those poor families having to survive on Government benefits & free hand-outs and yet most hard working families don’t get anywhere near that kind of income, working full time.. It was heart breaking.

Posted Image

#14    Setton

Setton

Psychic Spy

• 1,552 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:03 PM

View Postcatfromhell, on 15 April 2013 - 08:49 PM, said:

What a win for the workers, Eh? Until they lower the minimum wage.

They've just raised it actually.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...siness-22153007

Edited by Setton, 16 April 2013 - 01:03 PM.

'Good' is not the same as 'nice'.
'No, murder is running your broadsword through someone because he worships a different God to you... Or is that evangelism? I get confused.'
When they discover the centre of the universe, a lot of people are going to be disappointed - They are not it.
I don't object to the concept of a deity but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.

#15    CatFromHell

CatFromHell

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:21 PM

Wow, By a whopping `12p an hour, Maybe a few families will be able to eat occasionlly now. Until they decide to lower it which they will do before scrapping it altogether.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users