Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * - - 5 votes

O.D.D. obsessive debunking disorder


  • Please log in to reply
246 replies to this topic

#61    praetorian-legio XIII

praetorian-legio XIII

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • Joined:01 Jun 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pensacola Beach

  • Beer; Now there's a temporary solution.

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

View PostMerc14, on 16 April 2013 - 03:02 PM, said:

That is quite a leap there wouldn't you say? I know for a fact the government lies to us all the time so right away you have proven part of my point.  You have made up a story based on your prejusidces and beliefs and then attacked me as if those prejudices and beliefs are fact.  Two big lies of teh moment are the lies about the attack in Benghazzi and Fast and Furious.  I am sure there are others.

Individuals and groups of indiciviiduals in government lie to cover their asses just as I am sure people at your place of work lie to CYA,  so to think everything coming out of the government is the truth would be infantile.  At the same time not everything the government says is a lie and not everything thety get wrong is a lie either, sometimes they screw up.  yep, teh gigantic all powerful government makes misrtakes, in fact it makes a lot of them.

The government, as a whole, is one of the most incompetently run organizations on earth.  I can't name one program that they run successfuly (which begs the question why give them healtcare to run?) a the moment yet CT's continually have them running the most intricately woven conspiracies imaginable.  Let's look at Fast and Furious as a a real conspiracy.   They conspired to send guns obtained "illegally" from licensed gun dealers and sent them across the border with Mexico to be sold to druug cartels.  They then lost track of these guns until they started turning up at murder sites.  To date huindreds have been killed by these weapons and Holder has locked the case down.  Now that is a real conspiracy that can be proven and and it was extraordinarily poorly run and covered up.  This is government conspiracy at its best and you guys don't even talk about it.  Why?

Why, because it has been proven, it was poorly run, and the attempted cover up was blown. Whats left to talk about. Obama's pupett holder shut it down and sadly no one in a position to do something about it gives a s**t!


#62    HerNibs

HerNibs

    Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

  • Member
  • 12,208 posts
  • Joined:03 Jan 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Colorado

  • Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:49 PM

*
POPULAR

Maybe we a 12 step program could be offered to the skeptics...

Hi,
My name is HerNibs and I'm addicted to logic, science, evidence and scrutiny.

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#63    Coffey

Coffey

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 5,671 posts
  • Joined:09 Oct 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Norwich UK

  • "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:45 PM

*
POPULAR

View PostHerNibs, on 16 April 2013 - 03:49 PM, said:

Maybe we a 12 step program could be offered to the skeptics...

Hi,
My name is HerNibs and I'm addicted to logic, science, evidence and scrutiny.

Nibs


But when you are only using evidence provided by an establishment... it's not your logic, evidence or scutiny is it?

Take Monstanto for instance. All their tests are internal and they make up their own results. The FDA apporved those results. We all think it's ok. lol When in fact it's not and we have just found out because it's went public. So somehting we thought was a fact based on an establishment people trusted with their health was actually not a fact. It was a lie.

This is a prime example of what all the great scientists/people like Tesla and Einstien tried to explain. Yet so many people don't do that. they go on a forum and regurgitate what the goverment or some big name corperation told them. Not something based on logic, evidence and scrutiny.


When using logic, you should logically know that the goverment and big corperations doens't care about people. They care about money, over human life and there is a lot of evidence proving that.

Edited by Coffey, 16 April 2013 - 04:52 PM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#64    HerNibs

HerNibs

    Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

  • Member
  • 12,208 posts
  • Joined:03 Jan 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Colorado

  • Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:00 PM

View PostCoffey, on 16 April 2013 - 04:45 PM, said:

But when you are only using evidence provided by an establishment... it's not your logic, evidence or scutiny is it?

Take Monstanto for instance. All their tests are internal and they make up their own results. The FDA apporved those results. We all think it's ok. lol When in fact it's not and we have just found out because it's went public. So somehting we thought was a fact based on an establishment people trusted with their health was actually not a fact. It was a lie.

This is a prime example of what all the great scientists/people like Tesla and Einstien tried to explain. Yet so many people don't do that. they go on a forum and regurgitate what the goverment or some big name corperation told them. Not something based on logic, evidence and scrutiny.


When using logic, you should logically know that the goverment and big corperations doens't care about people. They care about money, over human life and there is a lot of evidence proving that.

Cherry picking evidence to support a hypothesis is bad science no matter who does it.

What an entity cares about should have NO bearing in evidence.  

The emotional issue gets in the way of facts and evidence.

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#65    Corp

Corp

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 6,951 posts
  • Joined:19 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ottawa

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:03 PM

So does ODD apply to those obsessed with debunking conspiracy theories or those obsessed with debunking official stories? Because I can see it being applied to both groups. Which kind of makes the first few replies a touch amusing.

Conspiracy guy: Oh yeah this applies to people I know so well, I can't wait for them to show up here!

Official story guy: Yeah they'll be so mad when they see this, it'll be a great laugh!

:P

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#66    Coffey

Coffey

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 5,671 posts
  • Joined:09 Oct 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Norwich UK

  • "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:19 PM

View PostHerNibs, on 16 April 2013 - 05:00 PM, said:

Cherry picking evidence to support a hypothesis is bad science no matter who does it.

What an entity cares about should have NO bearing in evidence.  

The emotional issue gets in the way of facts and evidence.

Nibs

Cherry picking, I can supply so much evidence to back all my claims in my post. I will happily do so. My post is based purely on facts.

Of course it does! lol If the Entitiy lies and provides false information then it is not real evidence is it?!

What emotional issue?

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#67    HerNibs

HerNibs

    Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

  • Member
  • 12,208 posts
  • Joined:03 Jan 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Colorado

  • Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:26 PM

View PostCoffey, on 16 April 2013 - 05:19 PM, said:

Cherry picking, I can supply so much evidence to back all my claims in my post. I will happily do so. My post is based purely on facts.

Of course it does! lol If the Entitiy lies and provides false information then it is not real evidence is it?!

What emotional issue?

Unless an individual is able to (knowledge, access and resources) physically test each thing/bit of evidence then some bias will be in their opinion.  If an individual doesn't trust an entity then ANY evidence produced by said entity would be suspect and this individual would be more likely to discard the evidence provided regardless of if it is true or not.  

Hence peer reviews.

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#68    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

    Non-Corporeal Being

  • Member
  • 8,549 posts
  • Joined:23 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:27North 80West

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:37 PM

View PostMerc14, on 16 April 2013 - 03:02 PM, said:

That is quite a leap there wouldn't you say? I know for a fact the government lies to us all the time so right away you have proven part of my point.  You have made up a story based on your prejusidces and beliefs and then attacked me as if those prejudices and beliefs are fact.  Two big lies of teh moment are the lies about the attack in Benghazzi and Fast and Furious.  I am sure there are others.

Individuals and groups of indiciviiduals in government lie to cover their asses just as I am sure people at your place of work lie to CYA,  so to think everything coming out of the government is the truth would be infantile.  At the same time not everything the government says is a lie and not everything thety get wrong is a lie either, sometimes they screw up.  yep, teh gigantic all powerful government makes misrtakes, in fact it makes a lot of them.

The government, as a whole, is one of the most incompetently run organizations on earth.  I can't name one program that they run successfuly (which begs the question why give them healtcare to run?) a the moment yet CT's continually have them running the most intricately woven conspiracies imaginable.  Let's look at Fast and Furious as a a real conspiracy.   They conspired to send guns obtained "illegally" from licensed gun dealers and sent them across the border with Mexico to be sold to druug cartels.  They then lost track of these guns until they started turning up at murder sites.  To date huindreds have been killed by these weapons and Holder has locked the case down.  Now that is a real conspiracy that can be proven and and it was extraordinarily poorly run and covered up.  This is government conspiracy at its best and you guys don't even talk about it.  Why?

It was YOU who used the term madness, not I.

I merely pointed out that calling people mad for questioning government stories that happen to be full of contradictions is a sign of the times.  Calling people 'mad' for questioning government stories provides considerable insight, at least in my opinion.

I did not attack you, I merely pointed out that calling people mad for questioning the government is a sign of the times.  How does that attack you?

I agree with your examples regarding F&F and Benghazi, and that makes me all the more curious as to why you believe the nonsensical story regarding the events of 11 September.  It is YOU who is being rather inconsistent in your analyses of government stories.  You question F&F but accept 19 arabs with box cutters?  :cry:


#69    Coffey

Coffey

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 5,671 posts
  • Joined:09 Oct 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Norwich UK

  • "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:20 PM

View PostHerNibs, on 16 April 2013 - 05:26 PM, said:

Unless an individual is able to (knowledge, access and resources) physically test each thing/bit of evidence then some bias will be in their opinion.  If an individual doesn't trust an entity then ANY evidence produced by said entity would be suspect and this individual would be more likely to discard the evidence provided regardless of if it is true or not.  

Hence peer reviews.

Nibs

If the entity is proven to lie and deceive then nobody should take anything they say as factual. That is not bias, it's common sense and logic.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#70    HerNibs

HerNibs

    Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

  • Member
  • 12,208 posts
  • Joined:03 Jan 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Colorado

  • Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:23 PM

View PostCoffey, on 16 April 2013 - 06:20 PM, said:

If the entity is proven to lie and deceive then nobody should take anything they say as factual. That is not bias, it's common sense and logic.

You're kind of proving my point right there.

I didn't say anything about what the entity says.  I'm saying that tested supportable evidence provided by that entity would be suspect even if the evidence is accurate and supported by others that have the ability to verify the testing.

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#71    Coffey

Coffey

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 5,671 posts
  • Joined:09 Oct 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Norwich UK

  • "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

View PostHerNibs, on 16 April 2013 - 06:23 PM, said:

You're kind of proving my point right there.

I didn't say anything about what the entity says.  I'm saying that tested supportable evidence provided by that entity would be suspect even if the evidence is accurate and supported by others that have the ability to verify the testing.

Nibs

Oh I get you now,, yeah that's true.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#72    Sakari

Sakari

    tohi

  • Member
  • 12,564 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

  • Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:40 PM

cool, yet another " Skeptics -vs- Believers " topic.......


I say we need cage matches, MMA style......Volunteers only of course.

That would be more entertaining then the same topics over and over.....Plus, there would be tapouts, knockouts, and blood.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm


#73    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

    dimple

  • Member
  • 10,116 posts
  • Joined:20 Oct 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:UK

  • I never walk alone.

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:30 PM

View PostSakari, on 16 April 2013 - 07:40 PM, said:

cool, yet another " Skeptics -vs- Believers " topic.......


I say we need cage matches, MMA style......Volunteers only of course.

That would be more entertaining then the same topics over and over.....Plus, there would be tapouts, knockouts, and blood.
I'm volunteering! :w00t:

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#74    Myles

Myles

    Alien Abducter

  • Member
  • 4,513 posts
  • Joined:08 Jan 2007
  • Gender:Male

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:08 PM

View PostSakari, on 16 April 2013 - 07:40 PM, said:

cool, yet another " Skeptics -vs- Believers " topic.......


I say we need cage matches, MMA style......Volunteers only of course.

That would be more entertaining then the same topics over and over.....Plus, there would be tapouts, knockouts, and blood.

I don't believe you mean it.    Show me the evidence!

WAIT

I think you are just saying that to get me to do something you want me to do.   I think you are lying and everyone else is in on it (including bigfoot).


#75    OverSword

OverSword

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 13,426 posts
  • Joined:16 Oct 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Seattle WA USA

  • When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:12 PM

View Postouija ouija, on 16 April 2013 - 08:30 PM, said:

I'm volunteering! :w00t:
OK, it's you vs. Sakari.  RIP ouija! :w00t:





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users