Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Explosions reported - Boston Marathon

• Please log in to reply
501 replies to this topic

#1    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,960 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

Explosion reported near finish line of Boston Marathon, spokesman says

Published April 15, 2013
FoxNews.com
DEVELOPING: The Boston Marathon headquarters has been locked down after two explosions were reported near the finish line, a spokesman told Reuters.
Witnesses reportedly heard two booms near the finish line inside the Fairmount Copley Plaza Hotel that sounded like two claps of thunder.
The Associated Press says there are reports of injuries.

http://www.foxnews.c...spokesman-says/

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#2    RockabyeBillie

RockabyeBillie

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

• And a million baneful words couldn't bring me to my knees.

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

BOSTON—
Boston police said on Monday that there was at least one explosion near 673 Boylston Street near the finish line of the Boston Marathon.

"There was an explosion, police, fire and EMS are on the scene. We have no indication of how many people are injured," a spokeswoman for the Boston Police Department said.

The explosion occurred as thousands of runners finished the 117th running of the Boston Marathon, with crowds watching and cheering at the finish

Read More

Posted Image

Whether you think you can or whether you think you cant, you're right! -Henry Ford

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,987 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:29 PM

Numerous news agencies are now reporting that a bomb—or possibly several bombs—exploded near the finish line of this afternoon’s Boston Marathon at the Fairmount Copley Plaza Hotel. Boston.com reports that “multiple” people have been injured while The Boston Globe has the figure as “at least a dozen.” The damaged area, according to photos uploaded by onlookers and journalists to Twitter, appears chaotic, smokey, and partially evacuated. Horrifyingly, eyewitnesses have reported “blood everywhere.”

Bomb Explosions Near Boston Marathon, Many Reported Injured

How horrible.

#4    Ashotep

Ashotep

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,987 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:38 PM

I was reading where one woman said she saw where people were missing limbs.

#5    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,960 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:43 PM

And they've set up a morgue, apparently.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#6    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,960 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:46 PM

Shouldn't that place have been swept and guarded days before the race? It's a perfect target.

#7    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:49 PM

Watched some of the live feeds from ABC News, Fox News, and CNN, just to get an idea of what the heck is going on.

One of the anchors said the bombings might have something to do with the fact that the Boston Marathon was in memory of the Sandy Hook Victims.... :no:

Edited by Kowalski, 15 April 2013 - 07:50 PM.

#8    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:49 PM

Sounds like they were going after a Starbucks and the marathon got in the way.

All kidding aside looked like 2 IED type explosions. Allegedly theres a third in a hotel somewhere. Noones taken credit for it.

#9    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:50 PM

Terrible!
There should be lots of photos and video (public, news, city) of the area prior to the blasts. Hopefully this will have caught someone, if no one takes responsibility.

Bigfoot is in the eye of the beholder

Scottish Scientists Only!

#10    RockabyeBillie

RockabyeBillie

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

• And a million baneful words couldn't bring me to my knees.

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:57 PM

http://abcnews.go.com/live

That is the live feed. Thanks Kowalski.

Posted Image

Whether you think you can or whether you think you cant, you're right! -Henry Ford

#11    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:00 PM

Rumor. There turning off cel;l phones communications in Boston area. Apparently to prevent a remote detonation ?  Or is the cell system overwhelmed with calls ? Just a reminder in a SHTF scenario your cell phone will not be reliable. Have a back up plan to get ahold of loved ones in these changing times.

#12    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,903 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:02 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 15 April 2013 - 08:00 PM, said:

Rumor. There turning off cel;l phones communications in Boston area. Apparently to prevent a remote detonation ?  Or is the cell system overwhelmed with calls ? Just a reminder in a SHTF scenario your cell phone will not be reliable. Have a back up plan to get ahold of loved ones in these changing times.

Thats actually a really smart idea. It could be that the system is overwhelmed with calls... but it would also make sense if they shut off the system for the time being.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#13    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,960 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:04 PM

I bet there's already a conspiracy documentary it post-production, almost ready for YouTube.

#14    Mr.United_Nations

Mr.United_Nations

hi

• 9,304 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:06 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 15 April 2013 - 08:04 PM, said:

I bet there's already a conspiracy documentary it post-production, almost ready for YouTube.
Or here.

If it was an American then they are seriously ill or sick

Edited by The New Richard Nixon, 15 April 2013 - 08:08 PM.

#15    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,903 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:07 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 15 April 2013 - 08:04 PM, said:

I hear FEMA was conducting a bombing exercise a few blocks away.

(I know... I shouldn't start rumors... but I couldn't resist)

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users