Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Tiny sip of beer enough to trigger

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1    pallidin

pallidin

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,773 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:05 AM

"The taste of beer, without its alcoholic effects, may be enough to trigger the release of the pleasure chemical dopamine in the brain, a study finds."

http://bodyodd.nbcne...ne-release?lite

#2    Odd Requiem

Odd Requiem

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

• "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:41 AM

From my own personal experience, I'm more inclined to say that the taste of beer gives me no pleasure.
The pleasure ensues shortly after beer 7 or 8 after the alcoholic effects come out to play.
Different strokes for different folks.

-I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.//

#3    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,178 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:10 AM

I loathe both the taste and smell of beer, however beer battered fish and beer marinated steak actually taste great (of course the cooking process changes the taste and smell, so...

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#4    acidhead

acidhead

GOV Debt Slave

• 11,709 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:15 AM

View Postpallidin, on 16 April 2013 - 02:05 AM, said:

"The taste of beer, without its alcoholic effects, may be enough to trigger the release of the pleasure chemical dopamine in the brain, a study finds."

http://bodyodd.nbcne...ne-release?lite

Hope this study didn't cost too much but I doubt it.  Obviously dopamine is released whether the individual enjoyed the taste or not.  Simply jumping up and down can produce dopamine or opening your eyes.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#5    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:48 AM

I like waving my arms up and down after washing my hands; it dries my hands sterile, pushes blood into them, and gives me a dopamine lift.

I wonder if alcohol-free beer has the same effect.

With my liver as it is, I'm not permitted any alcohol whatsoever, probably not a bad idea for everyone since even though it has small benefits to the heart it is now known that even a little alcohol is carcinogenic.

Regardless, I love the taste of beer, especially when I'm hot and sweaty after some hard work.  The alcohol-free stuff though works for me, but I have to watch the sugar.  Most of the time a glass of iced tea is almost (but not quite) as good.

#6    chopmo

chopmo

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 342 posts

• aaaah rabble rabble rabble rabble

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:08 AM

Ever given non-alcaholic wine/liquer/beer to a person and told them that it was alcaholic... funniest thing ever.
Natural DMT triggering a drunk like state because you are expecting to be drunk... well that's my thought on the subject to say the least.

Edited by chopmo, 16 April 2013 - 06:08 AM.

why is everyone so &^%$ing concerned with "the end"...
new beginnings is what you should be concerned about...

#7    wolfknight

wolfknight

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts

• There is nothing to Fear, but fear itself

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:27 PM

I like sipping scotch instead of beer

#8    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,991 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

http://cheezburger.com/7341488128  :w00t:

No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness. ~ Aristotle

#9    Wyrdlight

Wyrdlight

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:33 PM

I love the taste of beer and am somthing of an ale buff, in the saem way a wine conniseour will chase after wines.

I never drink to get drunk, but to enjoy the flavour, I tend to favour dark sweet beers in cold weather and light, hoppy/bitter beers in hot weather.

#10    Ealdwita

Ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 5,272 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:50 PM

Hey, how come I never hear about this kind of research until it's all over?   Posted Image

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users