Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can rosemary help you remember things ?

Saru

A new study has revealed that the scent of rosemary appears to be very good at improving memory.

The results showed that participants in the rosemary-scented room performed better on the prospective memory tasks than the participants in the room with no scent. This was the case for remembering events and remembering to complete tasks at particular times.

arrow3.gifRead more...

Just added rosemary to the shopping list, correction, top of the shopping list!

Just added rosemary to the shopping list, correction, top of the shopping list!

just gotta remember where i put my shopping list first lol jks

• Like 5

Not entirely sure what great benefit this will be or why it's on UM but i knew a Rosemary when i was younger,she could make you forget everything at the time and you'll always remember her so i know this is true

• Like 1

Maybe after a night out your wife can use it on you the next morning

Edited by ashven

This is cool and I just happen to love the smell of Rosemary. I feel that the smell of tangy oranges may also have this effect.

• Like 1

Not mentioned, perhaps, was the side effect of everyone also wanting to have lunch after the experimentation.

Maybe its not rosemary but that the senses need to be exercised to work a their peak.

Not entirely sure what great benefit this will be or why it's on UM but i knew a Rosemary when i was younger,she could make you forget everything at the time and you'll always remember her so i know this is true

Now I forgot what the topic was about...

There is a lot to be said for the old uses of herbs and such. My grandmothers both used herbal medicine to doctor the family. I still keep a lavender sachet tucked inside my pillowcase to help with sleep at night.

• Like 1

There is a lot to be said for the old uses of herbs and such. My grandmothers both used herbal medicine to doctor the family. I still keep a lavender sachet tucked inside my pillowcase to help with sleep at night.

Really? What are the benefits?

For my exams at uni I used to take a mug of hot water with rosemary in it {sprig of rosemary in cup, pour on boiling water and put some kind of lid on, to keep the essential oils in}. It was amazing at helping to job the memory when I forgot answers. I have recommended this tea to others taking exams too. Rosemary for remembrance is an old old remedy.

Lavender helps you relax... I love the scent of fresh lavender and Rosemary. Rosemary tastes great on steaks and poultry too. :)

Exactly. Lavender makes you feel relaxed. My maternal grandmother would crush checkerberries and put them in warm milk for a tummy ache. Worked wonderfully. The old-fashioned remedies worked just as well, and sometimes much better than the newer, less natural ways of healing.

Exactly. Lavender makes you feel relaxed. My maternal grandmother would crush checkerberries and put them in warm milk for a tummy ache. Worked wonderfully. The old-fashioned remedies worked just as well, and sometimes much better than the newer, less natural ways of healing.

There is a restaurant on one of our outer islands that uses lavender as an herb in traditional dishes. I think it was featured on bizarre foods. Never tasted anything like that yet but would love to.

Maybe Ophelia was right.

i hope the religious aren't reading this thread, or they'll be sending the inquisition round to burn you lot for resorting to witchcraft!!

:-)

If they do, more fools they. Herbal healing has been successfully done for thousands, maybe millions of years on this planet. Every commercial medicine comes with a list of side effects as long as your arm and most of them have a commercial medicine to be prescribed to counter those side effects, which in turn probably has side effects. The medicines of today are created to mask symptoms, not cure anything, except maybe antibiotics.

Edited by moonshadow60