Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

Westboro to picket Boston funerals

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#16    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,170 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:06 PM

View PostBama13, on 16 April 2013 - 03:03 PM, said:

Thankfully our founding fathers didn't agree with you. "Free speech as long as as it doesn't make me angry." No thanks, I'll take the 1st amendment FTW.
uhh i think you just owned yourself

#17    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,821 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:11 PM

View PostBama13, on 16 April 2013 - 02:41 PM, said:

It is a shame, and somewhat suprising, that so many here no longer believe in this: "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

There is a huge difference between defending the right to say something, and actually condoning physical intervention at a funeral that is a solemn remembrance of a person's life.

WBC are simply hatred personified, isnt everyones salvation (in the Christian World) a personal experience between themselves and their God??? WBC do NOT decide a persons fitness for salvation (in Christian doctrine) so they should just Butt Out with their "Holier Than Thou" premise <_<

The First Amenment refers to the right to Peacefully Assemble... not to haranguing a funeral procession or service. You need to read up on your Constitution!!

Edited by keithisco, 16 April 2013 - 03:21 PM.

#18    Bama13

Bama13

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:21 PM

View Postkeithisco, on 16 April 2013 - 03:11 PM, said:

There is a huge difference between defending the right to say something, and actually condoning physical intervention at a funeral that is a solemn remembrance of a person's life.

WBC are simply hatred personified, isnt everyones salvation (in the Christian World) a personal experience between themselves and their God??? WBC do NOT decide a persons fitness for salvation (in Christian doctrine) so they should just Butt Out with their "Holier Than Thou" premise <_<

If they break any laws I hope they get the book thrown at them. Until then they free to say and believe whatever they want. I do not want the government to investigate them just because of their beliefs, no matter how reprehensible I find them to be. Just as I don't want to be investigated because of my beliefs, or have you investigated because of yours.

" Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything —you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him" - Robert Heinlein

#19    Bama13

Bama13

Psychic Spy

• 1,621 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:22 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 16 April 2013 - 03:06 PM, said:

uhh i think you just owned yourself

Not sure what you mean. I have never been a slave. I have always owned me.

" Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything —you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him" - Robert Heinlein

#20    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:16 PM

View PostBama13, on 16 April 2013 - 03:21 PM, said:

If they break any laws I hope they get the book thrown at them. Until then they free to say and believe whatever they want. I do not want the government to investigate them just because of their beliefs, no matter how reprehensible I find them to be. Just as I don't want to be investigated because of my beliefs, or have you investigated because of yours.

They have the right to say whatever they want. And I have the right to think their idiots... :su

#21    Odd Requiem

Odd Requiem

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

• "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:46 PM

Ignorance always attracts the ignorant (:

WBC has a way of making my blood boil.
It's even more baffling how they truly believe what they're doing is right.
Power of suggestion.

-I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.//

#22    IamsSon

IamsSon

Unobservable Matter

• 11,863 posts

• ďIf you canít explain it simply, you donít understand it well enough.Ē ~ Albert Einstein

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:51 PM

I think WBC may have finally gone too far.  Hey, if they want to protest the funerals of US service personnel that's perfectly fine with the Left because, really, they would love to still be spitting on the ones who return alive and would probably like to protest the funerals themselves, but now they are going to protest the funerals of people who died in Boston, people who may have been good little Leftist, well, now, we can't have that.

"But then with me that horrid doubt always arises whether the convictions of man's mind which has been developed from the mind of the lower animals, are of any value or at all trustworthy. Would any one trust in the convictions of a monkey's mind, if there are any convictions in such a mind?" - Charles Darwin, in a letter to William Graham on July 3, 1881

#23    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,160 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

View PostIamsSon, on 16 April 2013 - 04:51 PM, said:

I think WBC may have finally gone too far.  Hey, if they want to protest the funerals of US service personnel that's perfectly fine with the Left because, really, they would love to still be spitting on the ones who return alive and would probably like to protest the funerals themselves, but now they are going to protest the funerals of people who died in Boston, people who may have been good little Leftist, well, now, we can't have that.

:) Nah, I've always wanted to punch the bunch in the throat.  

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#24    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,950 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:14 PM

Hardly. Those on the left hate the WBC just as much as those on the right and always have.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#25    IamsSon

IamsSon

Unobservable Matter

• 11,863 posts

• ďIf you canít explain it simply, you donít understand it well enough.Ē ~ Albert Einstein

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:23 PM

View PostHerNibs, on 16 April 2013 - 04:56 PM, said:

:) Nah, I've always wanted to punch the bunch in the throat.  

Nibs

Hey, Nibs!

I'm sure individuals with Leftist leanings may agree with you, but overall, the Left speaks a good game about how bad the WBC is, but they sure do tolerate them at the funeral protests.

View PostCorp, on 16 April 2013 - 05:14 PM, said:

Hardly. Those on the left hate the WBC just as much as those on the right and always have.
I really don't see this.  Oh sure, they have to speak out against them because so much of what WBC does is anti-gay, but as long as they're doing their ugly stuff at soldiers' funerals and not at the local gay bar....

Edited by IamsSon, 16 April 2013 - 05:24 PM.

"But then with me that horrid doubt always arises whether the convictions of man's mind which has been developed from the mind of the lower animals, are of any value or at all trustworthy. Would any one trust in the convictions of a monkey's mind, if there are any convictions in such a mind?" - Charles Darwin, in a letter to William Graham on July 3, 1881

#26    Bama13

Bama13

Psychic Spy

• 1,621 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:28 PM

View PostKowalski, on 16 April 2013 - 04:16 PM, said:

They have the right to say whatever they want. And I have the right to think their idiots... :su

I agree. But some here are calling on the government to investigate them and close them down. Unless they have broken some law I just don't get this attitude. Hell I wish the KKK and Black Panthers didn't exist either. But as long as they don't break any laws I will just have to live with them being around.

#27    HerNibs

HerNibs

• 12,160 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:28 PM

View PostIamsSon, on 16 April 2013 - 05:23 PM, said:

Hey, Nibs!

I'm sure individuals with Leftist leanings may agree with you, but overall, the Left speaks a good game about how bad the WBC is, but they sure do tolerate them at the funeral protests.

I really don't see this.  Oh sure, they have to speak out against them because so much of what WBC does is anti-gay, but as long as they're doing their ugly stuff at soldiers' funerals and not at the local gay bar....

Hiya!  *hugs*

Heck, any group that can get Anonymous, celebrities, Freedom Riders and the KKK on the same page is just generally hated across all boards.

Nibs

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#28    HerNibs

HerNibs

• 12,160 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:30 PM

View PostBama13, on 16 April 2013 - 05:28 PM, said:

I agree. But some here are calling on the government to investigate them and close them down. Unless they have broken some law I just don't get this attitude. Hell I wish the KKK and Black Panthers didn't exist either. But as long as they don't break any laws I will just have to live with them being around.

The logical side of my brain agrees with you.  the other side that is a mother of a vet, married to a vet (and republican :) ), friend of many, still wants to see them tarred and feathered then dropped in the middle of a desert with nothing but pixie sticks.

Nibs

#29    IamsSon

IamsSon

Unobservable Matter

• 11,863 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:37 PM

View PostHerNibs, on 16 April 2013 - 05:28 PM, said:

Hiya!  *hugs*

Heck, any group that can get Anonymous, celebrities, Freedom Riders and the KKK on the same page is just generally hated across all boards.

Nibs
*hugs* right back at ya.

Oh, yeah, and there was the time President Obama warned that they should not cause further grief and pain to the families of fallen soldiers... oh, wait, he hasn't said that.  He was too busy talking about "Tea--baggers" being anti-American.  But there was the time Nancy Pelosi spoke out against... oh no wait, she also was talking about "Tea--baggers."  Oh, no wait, Chris Matthews... oh yeah, he was also attacking "Tea--baggers."

Hmmm

Edited by IamsSon, 16 April 2013 - 05:38 PM.

#30    Euphorbia

Euphorbia

Odd Plant Grower

• 1,269 posts

• You can't just choose to believe something.

Believing in something doesn't make it true.

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:52 PM

It's been a long time IamsSon, but.....

Come on.....you're an intelligent man. Smart enough to know that lumping all people on the left as people disliking US military personnel is utter BS!

I'm primarily a "Lefty", but everyone I know as well as myself do not condone protesting by anyone against anyone that is at a funeral!

Although there are some that dislike the military, I have never met one. I am liberal (lefty) and I am proud of our men and women in the armed forces.

Why are you making this a left vs right issue? Did a lefty pull your underwear over your head this morning?

Get three coffins ready.

My mistake, four coffins.

Separation of corporation and state!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users