Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Believe or not to believe

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16    Purplos

Purplos

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,550 posts

• Everything important is infinite.

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:15 PM

I think you can be both a skeptic and a believer at the same time.

I have doubts and search for explanations for things, but still believe in the possibility of anything being real in this infinite Universe of ours.

That hasn't changed much in the past 6-7 years I've been here, and is unlikely to change in the future.

Bigfoot? I can accept the possibility of Bigfoot as 'something,' but that doesn't mean I believe every person running in from the woods claiming to have seen one.

Embrace the impossible.

#17    J. K.

J. K.

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:33 PM

My question would be: why do so many of the sightings tend to clump together in areas which are, more or less, wild or remote?

I asked once why so many people would report sightings, even though it draws derision.  The reply was that they wanted their 15 minutes of fame.  If that were the case, wouldn't the reports be distributed a bit more evenly across the map?

One's reality is another's nightmare.

#18    Domina Lucis

Domina Lucis

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

• "I'm not dead, so I'm obviously doing something right."

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:53 AM

I used to be a believer of ghosts. As time passed, I eventually started believing in them less until I was on the fence about them. Ghosts are so widespread in the world and time; people see them around the world and have been seeing them for so long. It makes me think of what, if they're all fake, could people have been seeing this whole time. On the other hand, how have we not completely proven ghosts exist if they are around us and have been around us for so long? So I'm half-half.

As for Bigfoot, I used to think it was a really interesting creature. There was a time where I almost believed it could actually be real. However, just seeing the lack of evidence and thinking about the amount it would leave behind, and especially if there was more of them, made me lose interest in Bigfoot and any thoughts of him being real just went out the window.

I think some people start out believers because it just seems so real and so many people report it, but then they actually see what goes on and the lack of evidence so they become skeptics.

Posted Image

Domina Lucis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users