Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Ricin detected at US Capitol mail facility


  • Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1    pallidin

pallidin

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,156 posts
  • Joined:09 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Somewhere south of the North Pole

  • "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:56 PM

An envelope that tested positive for the deadly poison ricin was intercepted at the U.S. Capitol's off-site mail facility in Washington, congressional and law enforcement sources tell CNN.

http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_t1


#2    Ashotep

Ashotep

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,150 posts
  • Joined:10 May 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:USA

  • Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:02 PM

That's horrible and I hope they catch the party responsible.  If you don't like someone in office in the next election vote instead of trying to kill them.


#3    Yamato

Yamato

    Omnipotent Entity

  • Member
  • 9,823 posts
  • Joined:08 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:33 AM

Senator Roger Wicker -R- of Mississippi was the intended target.

Posted Image

Edited by Yamato, 17 April 2013 - 03:34 AM.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#4    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Joined:06 Mar 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Michigan, USA

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:54 AM

View PostYamato, on 17 April 2013 - 03:33 AM, said:

Senator Roger Wicker -R- of Mississippi was the intended target.

Posted Image

Jesus he looks like he's always watching my little ponies in his mom's basement and hasn't seen the sun in 12 years.

Posted Image
NRA - PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT
my twitter @sktm06

#5    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

    hi

  • Member
  • 7,842 posts
  • Joined:22 Apr 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portsmouth

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:50 PM

2nd was for Obama apparently


#6    Yamato

Yamato

    Omnipotent Entity

  • Member
  • 9,823 posts
  • Joined:08 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:06 PM

View PostCRYSiiSx2, on 17 April 2013 - 03:54 AM, said:

Jesus he looks like he's always watching my little ponies in his mom's basement and hasn't seen the sun in 12 years.
He's as white as ricin, is what you're saying?

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#7    Corp

Corp

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 6,945 posts
  • Joined:19 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ottawa

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:19 PM

Sounds like this guy was just a backbencher. Odd target unless there's something he did that really p***ed people off.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#8    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

    Savant

  • Member
  • 2,177 posts
  • Joined:17 Sep 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:So beautiful

  • ראה

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:30 AM

I suspect that this is designed to give the American people the belief that their government, and therefore their country are under attack.

We saw the same tactic immediately following 911.

I suspect that this may allow the President to sign additional executive orders to invade the privacy of everyone, in order to hopefully catch the bomber. These special orders may allow him to vacuum up every phone call, every keystroke, of whomever they choose across the entire U.S.

Fear is a weapon the government routinely uses to deny constitutional guarantees and protection.

The media happily go along without seriously questioning the obvious.

I would argue that the trust they destroy with each of these scare tactics far exceeds the eventual capture of a fugitive, because the abuse of authority is a more permanent scar, by far.

Edited by Raptor Witness, 18 April 2013 - 05:31 AM.

Posted Image "Make Manifest Destiny a memory ..." 12-7-2011  "When the earth is displaced fully three times at the point of destiny ..." 10-29-2013

#9    pallidin

pallidin

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,156 posts
  • Joined:09 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Somewhere south of the North Pole

  • "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:14 AM

So, you're saying that elements of the US Gov. mailed deadly poison to promote an agenda?

That sounds seriously paronoid.

BTW, the Feds have arrested the perp. No Gov. conspiracy here. Sorry to burst your bubble.


#10    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

    Non-Corporeal Being

  • Member
  • 7,984 posts
  • Joined:23 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:27North 80West

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:08 PM

View Postpallidin, on 18 April 2013 - 07:14 AM, said:

So, you're saying that elements of the US Gov. mailed deadly poison to promote an agenda?

That sounds seriously paronoid.

BTW, the Feds have arrested the perp. No Gov. conspiracy here. Sorry to burst your bubble.

What you might have forgotten is the details surrounding the anthrax attacks.  You might have not realized that because of those attacks Congress was doing business AWAY FROM the Capitol building.  That, because they were all scared silly of the anthrax threat.

And in that state of fear, they passed the UNpatriot Act, which among other things, effectively nullified the Fourth Amendment.

Just trying to keep things in perspective Pallidin. :yes:


#11    MindfieldzX

MindfieldzX

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Joined:28 Oct 2011

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:12 PM

View Postpallidin, on 18 April 2013 - 07:14 AM, said:

So, you're saying that elements of the US Gov. mailed deadly poison to promote an agenda?

That sounds seriously paronoid.

BTW, the Feds have arrested the perp. No Gov. conspiracy here. Sorry to burst your bubble.

I would have said "That sounds seriously absurd".


#12    MindfieldzX

MindfieldzX

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Joined:28 Oct 2011

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:21 PM

View Postpallidin, on 18 April 2013 - 07:14 AM, said:

So, you're saying that elements of the US Gov. mailed deadly poison to promote an agenda?

That sounds seriously paronoid.

BTW, the Feds have arrested the perp. No Gov. conspiracy here. Sorry to burst your bubble.

View PostBabe Ruth, on 18 April 2013 - 02:08 PM, said:

What you might have forgotten is the details surrounding the anthrax attacks.  You might have not realized that because of those attacks Congress was doing business AWAY FROM the Capitol building.  That, because they were all scared silly of the anthrax threat.

And in that state of fear, they passed the UNpatriot Act, which among other things, effectively nullified the Fourth Amendment.

Just trying to keep things in perspective Pallidin. :yes:

Just keep in mind that 99% of conspiracy pushers had zero to do with the subject being discussed,and largely probably reached their conclusions via some half-assed shady Youtube video's. Thus, making it really hard to take anyone serious who claims  wild accusations. Another thing to take note, that by feeding the internet conspiracy theories there IS A REAL CHANCE YOUR JUST SPREADING FALSE FACTS. Sorry, 99% of the conspiracy theorists practically ruin any chance of the 1% who are legit of being taken seriously. Truth be told, I think im gonna stop reading Unexplained Mysteries, because none of the stuff being posted is in the realm of appropriate content. I mean, example...

Higgs crying over the Boson being called "God Particle" , crying about "He isnt religious so please stop calling it a God Particle". New graphics beat 'uncanny valley concerns' ??? WHAT KIND OF UNEXPLAINED MYSTERIES ARE THESE.

Edited by MindfieldzX, 18 April 2013 - 02:21 PM.


#13    Corp

Corp

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 6,945 posts
  • Joined:19 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ottawa

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:14 PM

Well good that they were able to quickly catch the guy, though not surprising since he used the mail and signed off with a catch phrase.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#14    tapirmusic

tapirmusic

    Astral Projection

  • Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • Joined:24 Feb 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:29 PM

Posted Image

Here's a photo of the guy who sent the letters.


#15    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

    Non-Corporeal Being

  • Member
  • 7,984 posts
  • Joined:23 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:27North 80West

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:21 PM

Just read the newspaper version at lunch.  "I'm KC and I approve this message" shows the guy has a sense of humor, but he must be rather on the stoopid side.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users