Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Ricin detected at US Capitol mail facility

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16    Ashotep

Ashotep

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,979 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:24 PM

View PostCRYSiiSx2, on 17 April 2013 - 03:54 AM, said:

Jesus he looks like he's always watching my little ponies in his mom's basement and hasn't seen the sun in 12 years.
Are you saying he's too white.  Not everyone likes to bake themselves in the sun and get skin cancer.

#17    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:38 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 18 April 2013 - 08:21 PM, said:

Just read the newspaper version at lunch.  "I'm KC and I approve this message" shows the guy has a sense of humor, but he must be rather on the stoopid side.

Check out: http://www.infowars....atic-supporter/

Under “political views” Curtis lists himself as an “Independent”. However, he is pictured with a bumper sticker that states “CHRISTIAN and a DEMOCRAT”. Curtis also describes himself as a Christian on his Facebook page. There are also several posts in which Curtis encourages support for his “friend” Jason Shelton, a democratic Tupelo mayoral candidate.
Posted Image
Shelton himself has told reporters that he believes Curtis to be “insane and out to harm people,” adding that he had blocked Curtis on Facebook several days ago because of continual harassment.
“The guy is definitely not a friend of mine,” Shelton said. “He’s never been a friend of mine.”

“3 Years of research lead to countless court battles, cops harassing me weekly, death threats, personal & financial losses, several thefts, my home burned down, car exploded, marriage dissolved & bankruptcy,” Curtis writes on the website.
“They distracted my career, they stalked, they trolled, they came in to my home, took my computers, had me arrested 22 times and guess what? I am still a thorn in their corrupt anals!” he writes in another post.
While it appears that Curtis filed an employment discrimination lawsuit against the Tupelo hospital in 2000, there does not appear to be any evidence that he was involved in a lengthy court case, given that the complaint was dismissed less than a year later.
Curtis appears to believe he is some kind of activist attempting to “expose the illegal body parts and organ trade market world-wide”. He claims “I personally sent out more than a million emails in one year detailing what happened to me when I found the body parts at NMMC.”
He also registered a petition on the Change.org website about two years ago calling for federal regulations of organ harvesting.
The Clarion-Ledger reports that Curtis has a criminal history and mental issues.
“If it’s Kevin Curtis, we’ve had him in our jail about 4 times, mostly misdemeanors like simple assault. But in 2008 for telephone harassment and stalking,” Prentiss County Sheriff Randy Tolar said.
“I think he has some very serious psychological issues from my dealings with him. In the past I had read some of his Facebook postings and it was very far out there. He’ll get down on you and bash you with everything he’s got, even making up stuff, and I’ve seen that side of him.” the Sheriff added.

#18    Calien

Calien

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:19 AM

When I heard this story on the news something about it seemed very familiar. Way back in 2007 the guy actually posted on here about the "body part conspiracy"

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=109029

#19    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,961 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:31 PM

Uh. Small world.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#20    supervike

supervike

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,212 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:08 PM

View PostCalien, on 19 April 2013 - 09:19 AM, said:

When I heard this story on the news something about it seemed very familiar. Way back in 2007 the guy actually posted on here about the "body part conspiracy"

Wow, nice find.

That adds to it's bizarre nature, for sure.

Thank you.

#21    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,605 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:05 PM

View PostRaptor Witness, on 18 April 2013 - 05:30 AM, said:

I suspect that this may allow the President to sign additional executive orders to invade the privacy of everyone, in order to hopefully catch the bomber. These special orders may allow him to vacuum up every phone call, every keystroke, of whomever they choose across the entire U.S.

http://www.news4jax....vz/-/index.html

http://www.rawstory....berty-concerns/

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#22    Princess Serenity

Princess Serenity

YOUR FAVORITE GIRL!

• 8,732 posts

• "There's nothing to fear but fear itself." Franklin D Roosevelt.

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:52 PM

Wow. That's all I have to say!

Posted Image

#23    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,821 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:02 PM

Amazing.

#24    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

Savant

• 2,780 posts

• ראה

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:45 AM

View PostBiffSplitkins, on 19 April 2013 - 09:05 PM, said:

I'm happy they caught the bad guy, but shutting down the entire city was almost as bad as what the bomber did. What will they do if several cities are bombed, shut down the country? This is the best advertising for terrorism I could imagine. Look how easy it was to cause complete and utter chaos, and to lock everyone in their homes. The entire city of Boston went to jail for a day!

What this incident reveals, is the danger of the state to our freedom, far more than the danger of the occasional terrorist.

The bad guys know us, and they leave us a lone? After the way this was handled, don't count on it. The smoke signal reads, "their freedom goes poof! when ya blow on it."

Edited by Raptor Witness, 20 April 2013 - 06:46 AM.

Posted Image "Make Manifest Destiny a memory ..." 12-7-2011  "When the earth is displaced fully three times at the point of destiny ..." 10-29-2013

#25    tapirmusic

tapirmusic

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:36 PM

UPDATE:
http://news.yahoo.co...-171027275.html

Ricin Suspect Released:

FBI Agent Brandon Grant testified searches on Friday of Curtis' vehicle and house in Corinth, Miss., found no ricin, ingredients for the poison, or devices used to make it. A search of Curtis' computers found no evidence he researched making ricin.
"There was no apparent ricin, castor beans or any material there that could be used for the manufacturing, like a blender or something," Grant testified. He speculated that Curtis could have thrown away the processor.

Through McCoy, Curtis has denied involvement in the letters. The first of the letters was found April 15.
"The searches are concluded, not one single shred of evidence was found to indicate Kevin could have done this," McCoy told reporters after the hearing Monday.

McCoy also questioned why Curtis would have signed the letters "I am KC and I approve this message," a phrase he had used on his Facebook page.

McCoy said in court that someone may have framed Curtis, suggesting that a former business associate of Curtis' brother, a man with whom Curtis had an extended exchange of angry emails, may have set him up.

Interesting that it is being suggested that it may have been a set up, seeing that he's accused others of trying to ruin his life over the body-parts thing.

What do you think?  Is he a victim of some type of gang-stalking?

#26    pallidin

pallidin

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,090 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:07 PM

Yeah, great developments. Hope they get to the bottom of this.

#27    tapirmusic

tapirmusic

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:47 PM

http://www.breitbart...s-interrogation

Probably a final update on this guy.  :::::

Paul Kevin Curtis describes the details of his interrogation when he was arrested on suspicion of sending letters to lawmakers tainted with the poison ricin.

"There was only one individual in that room that was agitated with me, and he was shaking and very nervous. I think he knew that, you know, 'we don't have enough on this guy, guys. I don't want to compromise my job. I've got a job to do.'
But I think he had been in it long enough over the years that he felt some form of uncertainty, because I'm an impersonator. I've impersonated thousands of different cartoon characters and people. So I'm studying his human behavior, and I'm just picking up on the shakiness and the nervousness and the friction in his voice and how he can't look me in the eye. And he wanted me to sign papers to release all medical records from my whole life and mental records to him.

And I said, 'Sir, my ex-wife is in criminal justice; she wants to be a lawyer. And we were just talking the other night over dinner, and she told me, "Don't ever sign anything if you're ever in a situation unless your lawyer's there."' And I said, 'Sir can I have an attorney here present?' And they go, 'Absolutely not.' 'Well, then, I'm not signing it.' He grabbed those papers and jerked them back and said, [growling] 'Well, that's just fine!'...

They treated me like gold, but they intensely interrogated me for hours, and it was nerve-wracking. I can't even express, my inside nerves were, like, gonna come out of my ears."

#28    supervike

supervike

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,212 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:00 AM

Now, another suspect they have has 'gone into hiding'.

This story just keeps getting more bizarre.

http://news.msn.com/...?ocid=ansnews11

#29    coolguy

coolguy

Poltergeist

• 2,393 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:52 AM

My cousin she was on a cruise and the guy who sent the ricin was doing his evlis gig

#30    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 10,170 posts

• Universe Service Pack 2 still needs patching.

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:37 PM

A Mississippi martial arts instructor was charged on Saturday with attempting to use a biological weapon after a ricin-laced letter was sent to President Barack Obama earlier this month, the U.S. Department of Justice said.

Source: Chicago Tribune

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users