Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 3 votes

GMO corn to be highly toxic

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#46    Malaria_Kidd

Malaria_Kidd

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

• "So if you're tired of the same old story, just turn some pages" REO Speedwagon of Champaign-Urbana, Illinois

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:50 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 24 June 2013 - 11:34 AM, said:

ignore that one. It trolls me all over the place ,crying I'm a quack because I'm an acupuncturist herbalist .
Then it posts articles it doesn't understand ,in regard to both .
Then it has to say vaccines and gmos are good,so it gets its pay check .
;)

I

I was not aware and I thought it was a negative reply to the likes of Big Pharma. It was a bit out of context mixing the odd words too. Thanks!

Ty Bolinger Tweeted to all Followers yesterday: "Many cancers in adults originate in vaccines we are given as children." Wow!

http://www.unexplain...pic=152891&st=0 SCANIA Hit! My "BIG BUMP"
in the night!

That true account is in Joshua P. Warren's book, "It Was A Dark and Creepy Night"

#47    Ashotep

Ashotep

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,852 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:43 PM

View PostMalaria_Kidd, on 24 June 2013 - 08:20 AM, said:

:tu: I hope it is possible to isolate the stupidity gene, but over here a huge corporation may claim exclusive ownership!

I liked all three contributions to Hilander's entry. I doubt she get's an e-mail notice of actions. I have been waiting since 2006 for my first one! :whistle:

Well said folks and thanks for the important link and the great apple/pear graphics & warnings on GMO foods. America is asleep at the wheel, again!

Washington D.C.'s politicos need lots of e-mails about another division among the populace; in this country that they manage badly! :td:

Fighting Big Agra and Big Pharma is the old adage naming the fight "Another rough row to hoe". :gun:
I never get a notification when people make a reply,  figure I might have something set wrong.

#48    Ashotep

Ashotep

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,852 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:58 PM

Has everyone heard about the unauthorized, never approved for use, genetically modified wheat getting out of the lab and being found on US farms.  Now Japan doesn't want any of our wheat and the Europeans are testing for it in their grain shipments.

http://www.washingto...1a47_story.html

http://www.huffingto..._n_3366676.html

#49    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:37 PM

View PostRender, on 24 June 2013 - 11:47 AM, said:

Hilarious, coming from YOU. The ultimately deluded one. Posted Image
You're still full of it i see.

What about that other thread where everyone, AGAIN, put you in your place. You turned all silent when called out on your lies. And here you feel all comfortable calling someone else a troll?
You need to look in the mirror, there's the real troll.

Awww gee. I took you off ignore . Barely lasted a nanosecond.
I don't post SHILL RHETORIC ,like some people *coughs* ,and I've never trolled anyone ,which the mods can attest .
I also post facts as I know them ,from 30 years experience ,which I doubt you can . You google nonsense,and post it as if you wrote it yourself ,much like bmk there ,who trolls me ,actively . I post ,it makes a snide remark about my livelihood.
Show me where I ever trolled anyone ,and I will take you back off ignore.
Fail ,as usual

Miss me?

#50    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,988 posts

• if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:43 PM

View PostHilander, on 26 June 2013 - 03:58 PM, said:

Has everyone heard about the unauthorized, never approved for use, genetically modified wheat getting out of the lab and being found on US farms.  Now Japan doesn't want any of our wheat and the Europeans are testing for it in their grain shipments.

http://www.washingto...1a47_story.html

http://www.huffingto..._n_3366676.html

So many countries have already gotten off the Monsanto bandwagon, but once again North Americans are dragging their feet. It won't be long before America is the only country GMO crops are grown for...

"Don't let your dreams be dreams"

- Shia LaBeouf

#51    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:47 PM

View PostDark_Grey, on 26 June 2013 - 04:43 PM, said:

So many countries have already gotten off the Monsanto bandwagon, but once again North Americans are dragging their feet. It won't be long before America is the only country GMO crops are grown for...
Because like most things,they intend to force it on us . We are expected to comply .
I heard something like 40 tons of gmo crops were burned in Oregon .
Tut tut

Miss me?

#52    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 9,128 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"
    God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:03 PM

View PostDark_Grey, on 26 June 2013 - 04:43 PM, said:

No surprise ... its the same tactic ... out wait ... lay low ... it will blow over .... and no one will bother ....

Why It Took Decades of Blaming Parents Before We Banned Lead Paint

As with soda, demanding that all mechanisms of harm be completely understood before regulations are put in place is frightening.
David Rosner & Gerald Markowitz Apr 22 2013, 10:33 AM ET

Since the 1920s, the lead industry had organized to fight bans, restrictions, even warnings on paint-can labels. It had marketed the deadly product to children and parents, spreading the lie that lead paint was safe. For decades, paint ads appeared in the Saturday Evening Post, Good Housekeeping, National Geographic, and other national magazines and local newspapers. Coloring books were handed out to children. The industry even sent Dutch Boy costumes to children on Halloween, and printed coloring books that showed children how to prepare it.

link

How to prevent lead poisoning from the epa link

Does the Continued Use of Lead in Aviation Fuel Endanger Public Health and the Environment?

Dear EarthTalk: Lead was long ago phased out of automobile gasoline, but it is still in aviation fuel and is now the largest source of lead emissions in the U.S. What’s being done?—L. Eber, Rye, N.Y.

Yes, aviation fuel emerged as the largest source of lead emissions in the U.S. once lead was phased out of automotive gasoline beginning in the 1970s. While jets, which comprise the majority of commercial aircraft, don’t use leaded fuel, smaller, piston-engine planes use enough leaded aviation fuel (nicknamed “avgas”) to account for half of the lead pollution in American skies, making it a real air quality issue.

link

CPSC Announces Final Ban On Lead-Containing Paint

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE September 2, 1977 Release # 77-096

WASHINGI'ON, D.C. (Sept. 2) -- The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) has culminated a major regulatory proceeding by issuing a final ban on lead-containing paint and on toys and furniture coated with such paint. This action was taken to reduce the risk of lead poisoning in children who may ingest paint chips or peelings.
Until now, the maximum level of lead allowed in consumer paints has been 0.5 percent. CPSC has lowered this amount to 0.06 percent, a level conforming with the maximum permissible under the Lead-Based Paint Poisoning Prevention Act. This Act, administered primarily by the Department of Housing and Urban Development, prohibits application of lead-based paint to housing constructed or rehabilitated with federal assistance.
Exempted from the new ban are mirrors backed with lead-containing paint which are part of articles of furniture, as well as artists' paints and related materials. Also exempted, provided they bear specified cautionary labeling, are certain agricultural and industrial coatings, touch-up coatings for appliances and lawn and garden equipment, graphic arts coatings, and certain coatings for powered model aircraft.
This ban under the Consumer Product Safety Act will take effect 180 days after publication September 1 in the Federal Register and will apply to products manufactured on and after that date.

link

> www.who.int/ifcs/documents/forums/forum5/nmr_lead.pdf‎ <

An important step in the understanding of childhood lead poisoning occurred when toxicity in children from lead paint was recognized in Australia in 1897.[37] France, Belgium, and Austria banned white lead interior paints in 1909; the League of Nations followed suit in 1922.[38] However, in the United States, laws banning lead house paint were not passed until 1971, and it was phased out and not fully banned until 1978.[38]
The 20th century saw an increase in worldwide lead exposure levels due to the increased widespread use of the metal.[168] Beginning in the 1920s, lead was added to gasoline to improve its combustion; lead from this exhaust persists today in soil and dust in buildings.[9] Blood lead levels worldwide have been declining sharply since the 1980s, when leaded gasoline began to be phased out.[9] In those countries that have banned lead in solder for food and drink cans and have banned leaded gasoline additives, blood lead levels have fallen sharply since the mid-1980s.[169]
The levels found today in most people are orders of magnitude greater than those of pre-industrial society.[21][109] Due to reductions of lead in products and the workplace, acute lead poisoning is rare in most countries today; however, low level lead exposure is still common.[170] It was not until the second half of the 20th century that subclinical lead exposure became understood to be a problem.[158] During the end of the 20th century, the blood lead levels deemed acceptable steadily declined.[171] Blood lead levels once considered safe are now considered hazardous, with no known safe threshold.[33][172]

wiki link

Always been that way ....

~edit -- font size adjustment

`

Edited by third_eye, 26 June 2013 - 05:06 PM.

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#53    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:47 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 26 June 2013 - 04:47 PM, said:

Because like most things,they intend to force it on us . We are expected to comply .
I heard something like 40 tons of gmo crops were burned in Oregon .
Tut tut

I believe they are labeling the guy that did that, as a "terrorist"...
:rolls eyes:

#54    Ashotep

Ashotep

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,852 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:34 PM

In a breaking development, the FBI confirms that 1,500 GM Sugar Beet plants were destroyed this month in Oregon, in what they are calling an act of "Economic Sabotage."

http://www.sott.net/...onomic-sabotage
I couldn't find an article about the wheat but I found one where they burnt GM sugar beets.

Interesting chart on this site about what employees of Monsanto that use to work for the federal government.  The article is from 6/21/13.

#55    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:05 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 26 June 2013 - 04:37 PM, said:

Awww gee. I took you off ignore . Barely lasted a nanosecond.
I don't post SHILL RHETORIC ,like some people *coughs* ,and I've never trolled anyone ,which the mods can attest .
I also post facts as I know them ,from 30 years experience ,which I doubt you can . You google nonsense,and post it as if you wrote it yourself ,much like bmk there ,who trolls me ,actively . I post ,it makes a snide remark about my livelihood.
Fail ,as usual

You took me off ignore ? Yeah right ... you read every post of me, but you use the "ignore" thing as an excuse so you don't have to answer me when im asking you to back up your claims. Because you can't. You've very transparant like that.  See this part for proof:

. So im already on ignore now, yet you'll still read my posts eh? But you'll only grace me wiht a reply if im blowing smoke up your ass.  That's right. If im throwing facts in your face and asking you to be prove yourself you go all silent and claim to everyone you had to put me on ignore. Poor lil victim Simbi. Crying home to mommy going : "mommy mommy, ppl don't believe every word i say juts because i said it. They want me to back up what i say, so i don't wanna talk to them anymore".

Which brings me to the you being a troll part. You keep posting the same crap stories that you claim to be fact because "it was your limited experience", and when offered with actual counterfacts and arguments you simply call that person a troll and/or put them on ignore. That's trolling Simbi, or rather spamming and acting like a lil whiny brat. But i understand "troll" is a trendy term now, so you of course will take full advantage of that.

As you said yourself:

I also post facts as I know them ,from 30 years experience
Your experience doesn't make anything fact. If you wanna talk about your experiences there's a "Sightings, reports, experiences" section on this forum. Knock yourself out.
Googling nonsense? Giving actual back up claims through a myriad of sites is nonsense to you? This proves the entire point that you are troll who only wants to post crap to get attention.

How narcisstic are you to keep insisting to everyone that what you experience is the absolute truth? And if someone doesn't want to join you in your self-created bubble of a world then you put them on ignore and/or call them a troll. LIke i said, you're full of it. Get over yourself already.

#56    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,294 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:52 AM

[...]
Well said folks and thanks for the important link and the great apple/pear graphics & warnings on GMO foods. America is asleep at the wheel, again!
[...]
Ok, explain me who was responsible for annual 16000+ (that number makes 1 suicide every 32 minutes) farmer suicides before GM?
Heck, multiply that number by 12 (years), what you will get?

[...]Fighting Big Agra and Big Pharma is the old adage naming the fight "Another rough row to hoe". :gun:
How about fighting multi billion (S)CAM (i.e. (Supplements) Complementary and Alternative Medicine)?

Edit: for clarification

Edited by bmk1245, 27 June 2013 - 09:53 AM.

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).
If yesterday you would have stood up proud. Then why tonight have you thrown in with the stoning crowd? (Cradle of Filth)

#57    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,085 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:03 AM

Interesting, I've been "off" corn for sometime now - gives me cramps.  In fact, I also have no interest in popcorn anymore ... and I used to crave it years ago.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#58    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:48 AM

View PostlibstaK, on 27 June 2013 - 10:03 AM, said:

Interesting, I've been "off" corn for sometime now - gives me cramps.  In fact, I also have no interest in popcorn anymore ... and I used to crave it years ago.
I won't touch corn .I stopped eating it about three years ago . I miss popped corn ,creamed corn ,corn on the cob . I used to make a Spanish corn rice. I miss it,but oh well .

Miss me?

#59    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,085 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:53 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 27 June 2013 - 10:48 AM, said:

I won't touch corn .I stopped eating it about three years ago . I miss popped corn ,creamed corn ,corn on the cob . I used to make a Spanish corn rice. I miss it,but oh well .
I miss cornflakes sometimes but when I do eat it, I don't ever go back for seconds the next day.  It's not deliberate, I just don't get the same enjoyment from corn based foods I think, plus the cramps from fresh corn - I miss corn on the cob and that I simply don't think I can have anymore.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#60    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 9,128 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"
    God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:01 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 27 June 2013 - 10:48 AM, said:

View PostlibstaK, on 27 June 2013 - 10:53 AM, said:

I miss cornflakes sometimes but when I do eat it, I don't ever go back for seconds the next day.  It's not deliberate, I just don't get the same enjoyment from corn based foods I think, plus the cramps from fresh corn - I miss corn on the cob and that I simply don't think I can have anymore.

Organic Sweet Corn    Field Day    15.25 oz.
Heirloom Popcorn + Sea Salt    479°    3 OZ (85g)

http://www.nongmopro...-2013-06-21.xls

or download the updated lists here link next time current is 2013-06-21

:tu:

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users