Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 4 votes

All 6 Gun Control Amendments No Go

• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

#16    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:02 PM

View PostCRYSiiSx2, on 18 April 2013 - 03:46 PM, said:

Funny part is he's calling people liars, as he sits there and says most Americans want more gun control.  Now that is funny.

Yep, it sure is.

#17    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:11 PM

Here is a great article: http://www.thehopefo...kground-checks/

We have already paid tribute to President Obama’s meltdown after the Senate failed to pass the Manchin/Toomey background check bill. But there were numerous other examples of liberal frustration as well.

We like to savor these moments. It’s pretty fun to watch the Left publicly pout when they fail at whittling away our Constitutional rights.
What follows is a compilation of the finest in left-wing frustration. Please enjoy responsibly.

It's funny watching their meltdowns.... :D

Edited by Kowalski, 18 April 2013 - 05:12 PM.

#18    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:18 PM

This is HILARIOUS!!

#19    Drayno

Drayno

Bounty Hunter

• 3,917 posts

• States are domed when they are unable to distinguish good men from bad.

- Antisthenes.

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:25 PM

I'm laughing all the way home.

"Let us sit upon the ground and tell sad stories of the death of kings."
- William Shakespeare, Richard II, Act III, Scene II
Posted Image

#20    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,964 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:29 PM

21 gun salutes all around!

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#21    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:16 PM

I thought that video I posted was funny.
Dianne Fein-STEIN looks like something a guy named Igor put together in the dead of night...
I surprised she hasn't been quoted as saying, "Fire BAD!"
Anyone interested in striking a match in front of her and see if she freaks out? :w00t:

In all seriousness though, check this article out:
http://news.yahoo.co...-163040026.html

After the Senate voted down increased gun restrictions this week, anti-gun advocates -- including President Obama -- insisted that the legislative process had been corrupted and that the vast majority of American people actually sided with them in favor of the measures. But how accurate is this claim?
It's worth noting that Americans' attitudes toward guns seem to be moving against the liberal grain these days. A new Washington Post/ABC News poll finds that more Americans say a gun in the house makes it more safe rather than more dangerous -- a significant reversal of opinion in just the last 10 years:

#22    Dan'O

Dan'O

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:01 AM

I am tired of the lib politicians wasting our time and money.

#23    Setton

Setton

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:16 AM

Congratulations! You can go on having 0.01% of your population killed by guns every single year. Can't help but agree with one of the quotes from the article: everyone who voted against it or celebrates its failure has no right to offer condolences next time a bunch of kids is gunned down with an assault weapon.

And as for wanting concealed carry nationally, poisoned letters to the president and simply making things up and claiming it's part of one of the amendments, well...

God knows, it's going to take something pretty massive to knock your collective heads together. You've got far more liberties than most countries in the world. How about leading by example and stopping pointless deaths? But of course, it's in your holy manuscript of perfectior constitution. If you can bear to drag yourselves out of your self imposed victimhood, no-one is trying to take control of your country by force.The constitution was written for another time and changing it isn't the end of the world, it's called progress.

I wonder how big a massacre it'll take for you lot to get your head out of the sand. I would have thought 20 schoolkids would be enough but apparently not. 100 then? Or a thousand? When will you and your politicians wake up...

'Good' is not the same as 'nice'.
'No, murder is running your broadsword through someone because he worships a different God to you... Or is that evangelism? I get confused.'
When they discover the centre of the universe, a lot of people are going to be disappointed - They are not it.
I don't object to the concept of a deity but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.

#24    Dan'O

Dan'O

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:30 AM

Take your head out and take a breathe of air. None of the voted-on-laws would have diminished the amount of current weapons nor prevent another tragedy.

Did you know there are lots of other countries that have far fewer weapons and have higher numbers of gun deaths? And they have STRICT controls on weapons....

Wow. :no:

#25    Dan'O

Dan'O

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:38 AM

This "progressive" inspired witchhunt has caused 10s of thousands of new weapons to be sold. How many of those weapons will result in needless deaths? thats progress eh?

#26    Setton

Setton

Psychic Spy

• 1,571 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:41 AM

View PostDan, on 19 April 2013 - 09:38 AM, said:

This "progressive" inspired witchhunt has caused 10s of thousands of new weapons to be sold. How many of those weapons will result in needless deaths? thats progress eh?

Really? Do tell. Unbiased source if you would.

And anyway, to answer your question, far fewer than a country whose citizens apply for millions of gun licences every year. 10,000 is a drop in the ocean compared to that. I agree it's a worst case scenario now since the senate didn't have the guts to actually pass these amendments so now you've got last minute panic buying by paranoid Americans and still no end in sight.

View PostDan, on 19 April 2013 - 09:30 AM, said:

Take your head out and take a breathe of air. None of the voted-on-laws would have diminished the amount of current weapons nor prevent another tragedy.

But they would pave the way for future change. Obama's intelligent enough to know that no-one will vote to ban guns outright. You need baby steps first.

Did you know there are lots of other countries that have far fewer weapons and have higher numbers of gun deaths? And they have STRICT controls on weapons....

Equally developed and secure ones? Names please.

Even in the event that there are some (or you want to quibble the meaning of developed or secure), just don't adopt their approach! Find a country that has got gun legislation right and take their approach.

God, it's not that hard.

Edited by Setton, 19 April 2013 - 09:45 AM.

'No, murder is running your broadsword through someone because he worships a different God to you... Or is that evangelism? I get confused.'
When they discover the centre of the universe, a lot of people are going to be disappointed - They are not it.
I don't object to the concept of a deity but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.

#27    Dan'O

Dan'O

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:44 AM

http://www.guardian....ship-world-list

#28    Dan'O

Dan'O

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:46 AM

It will never happen. Anyway, why are you so concerned about it?

#29    Setton

Setton

Psychic Spy

• 1,571 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:55 AM

View PostDan, on 19 April 2013 - 09:44 AM, said:

I specifically asked for names. None of the developed and secure countries on your copy-pasted list have higher rates of gun related homicides than you do. In fact, there's only one other country with more than 1 per 100,000 that has a chance of managing effective gun control. And that's not even including other gun related deaths, which pushes you up to over 10 per 100,000.

Comparing yourselves to places like Zimbabwe and saying 'well they're worse' is really not helping your case. As I said, you're fond of saying you're the greatest nation on Earth so lead by example and prove it.

View PostDan, on 19 April 2013 - 09:46 AM, said:

It will never happen. Anyway, why are you so concerned about it?

Because I don't like to hear about innocent children being slaughtered because politicians are either self-serving, stuck in the past or simply don't care.

It's called empathy and caring about other people than yourself. Not a lot of Americans seem to understand it.

Edited by Setton, 19 April 2013 - 09:56 AM.

#30    Dan'O

Dan'O

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:03 AM

As "developed and secure". What ever. Doesn't that leave out much of the planet? I think you need to take a closer look. We are at 3 per 100,000. Bahamas is over 15 per 100,000 thats one. Look again and see just how many firearms there are too. If our country was so bad with that many weapons we should have a much larger number of homicides by firearms right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users